Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Talk to me about franchising please
« Last post by Ascjim on May 15, 2024, 03:05:12 pm »
Could you run the business from abroad? I want to sell up and be a digital nomad. Be good to have some money coming in from a franchise.

I spend 9 weeks in Spain each year with employees.
« Last post by Perfect Windows on May 15, 2024, 02:31:24 pm »
I think you could run any business from abroad these days.

You could probably go on the laptop find an employee and train him via video. All customers can be gained online. There's no real need to physically do anything.

Doesn't sound like much of a retirement though.

Not sure how you deal with a broken core component of their equipment, unless (as suggested by Soupy) you have someone in the UK lined up to fix the problem.

Vin
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Pressure Washing
« Last post by Smudger on May 15, 2024, 02:13:38 pm »
I hope your right - still keep an eye on the weight you'll be surprised at how heavy p/w hose and reel is - mind you you are only carrying 1 set up rather than in mine there are 2
« Last post by Stoots on May 15, 2024, 01:34:04 pm »
I think you could run any business from abroad these days.

You could probably go on the laptop find an employee and train him via video. All customers can be gained online. There's no real need to physically do anything.

Doesn't sound like much of a retirement though.
« Last post by Soupy on May 15, 2024, 10:58:11 am »
Could you run the business from abroad? I want to sell up and be a digital nomad. Be good to have some money coming in from a franchise.

If you are willing to invest in back end support (admin and practical) then I see no reason why not.

Obviously you're going to need a few franchisees to make that viable, and it will cut into your margins.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Fantastic weather at last!
« Last post by Bungle on May 15, 2024, 10:03:48 am »
The fizzy was a classic in its day. There was also the Honda AP50, which was viewed as a more conservative mode of transport, the fizzy was definitely the go-to mean machine for those trying to impress the ladies.

The AP50 was Suzuki was it not? Honda has the SS50.
I had a Yamaha TY50 then a Kawasaki AR50 which I put the 80 kit on.😁

AP was a Suzuki. I had a TY50 too.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Fantastic weather at last!
« Last post by Bungle on May 15, 2024, 10:03:09 am »
1973  french ;D fizzy, i've got english style tank, side panels and a few more bits and pieces to fit.

Like an old Rd 50?

My mate had a white and red RD50. Put a full fairing on it and dropped a 100cc engine in it 
« Last post by Perfect Windows on May 15, 2024, 09:00:29 am »

Honestly?  No.  The franchisees would soon work out that you're doing nothing at all for them.  Franchising is a partnership and if you approach it as just a way of making money, it'll fall to pieces.

Here's an example. If a franchisee phones, no matter what I'm doing, I'll check if it's urgent and, if it is, I'll deal with it then.  If there's a problem with van or equipment, I'll suggest a fix over the phone. If it can't be fixed and is affecting his ability to work, I'll drop what I'm doing and drive to where he is to fix it and, if it's fixable, I'll spend however long it takes to get them back earning again.  It's part of the deal.

Bizarrely, renting out work seems to bring in a similar percentage and sounds much more suited to what you're thinking of.

Vin
« Last post by Stoots on May 15, 2024, 09:00:24 am »
You are right Daz from a simplicity point of view and probably from a financial one window cleaning makes more sense.

But it's not all about the money if window cleaning made me 100k a year it wouldn't make it any much more enjoyable. You still have to do it no matter what you get paid.
« Last post by dazmond on May 15, 2024, 08:10:30 am »
My work doesn't change all year round.i clean the same in the winter as I do in the summer.

4 x 6 hour days per week

If pressure washing is seasonal you must work a lot more in the warmer months then?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]