Re: wot do u think of me website ?
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »
spencer your 100% Right mate ,,but its out of order what you have done ,,you should have givin him 24 hours to remove it ,,,if he never then take action

Col Foster

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 11:41:28 pm »
You need to check your own website Spencer, don't forget the changes are reflected there!!!

spencer davies

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 11:44:14 pm »
Thanks mate, its all ok,

S

Kev Loomes

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2008, 11:51:34 pm »
Spence, you crack me up, I cant stop laughing LOL ;D  Guess he wont be doing that again!

Mark Roberts

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 11:59:34 pm »
Hotlinking -

http://www.static8.com/hotlink.html

is theft, so the only person guilty in court is him.

I have no sympathy and im still chuckling, lesson learnt the hard way, and I will be declining his 'rug cleaning service'  ;D

spencer davies

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:42 am »
 The 'hard' way being apt in this case.    ;D

S

philboy

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2008, 12:19:04 am »
Hi Spence,

Thought I'd defect from wc's forum to show my support for you mate. Your sites the original and the best for sure. Run this newbie outta town!!

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 12:20:21 am »
Hotlinking -

http://www.static8.com/hotlink.html

is theft, so the only person guilty in court is him.

I have no sympathy and im still chuckling, lesson learnt the hard way, and I will be declining his 'rug cleaning service'  

Putting pics like that  on his web site is not agaist the law then d..k

No one said it was right taking peoples pics and text did they

spencer davies

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 12:29:48 am »
Nothing has been 'put' on his website though, Mark can explain more concisely than me.

S

Mark Roberts

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2008, 12:44:53 am »
Lets make this clear  :D,he put these pics on his site not Spencer. Read the link I posted.

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 01:29:49 am »
Guests just left so missed the 'updated site' ................ sounds like it was as bad as i imagine  ;D

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 01:39:00 am »
Ian Harper copied one of my sites but asked in advance and i was happy to allow as he is opposite side of M25 ............ felt it was a compliment to be asked ;)   .................. had to point out my link was missing from his site though ;D

This case is piracy of the highest order  >:(

Joe H

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2008, 07:54:03 am »
What was done by this guy is not good ....

but whats to stop it again....

we are all on a forum where anyone can join without displaying their full details, real name, location etc so any joesoap could join and mess about.

perhaps time for the site owners/moderators to tighten up.

spencer davies

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2008, 09:23:54 am »
What a relief to see some changes today, so fair play to them for changing it, although nobody bothered to reply to any e mails.

I am a bit concerned that this web designer was happy to do so much copying, I am sure I have seen his details before in the NCCA mag, perhaps I will drop them an e mail today.

Regards

S

mark shannon

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2008, 09:32:40 am »
Spencer Sitewizard write articles in NCCA mag and do a discounted deal for members thats where i found them.They are not a one man band and offer free istock pics so i am surprised he nicked yours.

Joe H

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2008, 09:36:42 am »
Spencer

Maybe you should let NCCA know how one of their advertisers conducts business - to a NCCA member at that!

mark shannon

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2008, 09:49:44 am »
Talk to Mathew at Sitewizard 016222 00045

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2008, 09:54:33 am »
Hi Guys

Search green carpet cleaning on Yahoo, 1st is me www.greencarpetcleaning.co.uk, second is www.green-carpet-cleaning.co.uk .

Notice how the second one has basically copied my text and what really amused me was that he has put @copyrightCleanPro2007, so he is attempting to copyright my prose. ::)

He is also a NCCA member is there a link ?

Cheers

Doug

Kev Loomes

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2008, 10:22:08 am »
Hey Doug

If you had any issue with me a simple e mail would have sufficed  ::)

We are currently testing green type cleaning websites and as a quick template we did use a very small amount of text from your site as a filler - and obviously change it when completed.

You probaly have an old page load in your temp internet files as it does not have that text anymore!

Apologies for any inconnvenience though.

Kev

p.s. its a funny old world this internet game, I know of 2 other sites who have copied stuff from mine aswell but I maybe will do the right thing and send them personal e mails asking them politely to remove it.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2008, 10:55:15 am »
Hi Kev

Didn't know it was you as you do not call yourself Kev formula6 on your website. ;)

I wondered if it was anyone on here, I do not have too much of a problem with people 'borrowing' but issues do arise when it is in direct competition as in this case.

The internet is based on sharing/linking so we have to accept a certain amount and I am not stressed about it.

Cheers

Doug