matt jones

Re: Worst Week in 16 years
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 08:28:45 pm »
find a reliable company!!! but this is like looking for rocking horse Poo,

or 4000 leaflets will take 24hrs to deliver @ 1000/6hrs, so minimum wage for 24hrs is £120 so take on an OAP (or2)  to work part time. and get them to deliver your leaflet, doing them solus will bring in a better return than I get.

This is what you wrote in your previous post. Mike how the hell do you get someone to deliver leaflet at £13 per 1000 no one could afford to do that? You also mention the national minimum wage, at the rates you have now given me it would work out that you pay your delivery person £2.16 per hour?
I'm not understanding your figures at all mate ???
Was also kind of wondering the same thing as cbt no offence meant by any of this by the way just trying to make sense of it.
regards
matt

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 08:40:26 pm »
Mars bars are the biggest selling confectionery but still do £5million worth of advertising Coco-Cola are the worlds biggest selling soft drink but spend £20million.

but in reality, all these people who say once you been in business for 8-12-15 years you don't need to advertise because you have a database of existing customers' its not true

you need to constantly seek new customers.

this is my last post in this topic.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 08:44:53 pm »
matt you posted while I was typing so I'll answer.

I don't pay £13 for solus delivery it goes out with a newspaper so that's why it £13/1000

like I said I'm not posting any more on this subject, it'll never end

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 08:46:44 pm »
Mike you sure  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

matt jones

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 08:57:15 pm »
sorry mike i didnt mean to upset you its just when you where on about getting an oap or two to deliver your leafles at the national min wage i thought thats what you done yourself. I think this is where the confusion was coming from? But if this was the case then steve k may have a point not sure if his figures were correct but if you were paying someone to deliver leaflets for you at a higher cost then it could work out to be quite expensive.
matt

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:28 pm »
mike , you are correct you must keep advertising, even after 8,12 or whatever years, but as for the rest of your comments, i believe them to be totally misleading, £13/1000 for newspaper delivery, at least 1/3 of those wont arrive , you should know this already, (so leave them out of your figures if you wish them to be considered anything like accurate) at their destination, really mike what you are doing is disgraceful, blatently misleading a young lad just starting out, if he and anyone else is sat here believing all of what you say , then god help them, and matt why so flippent, my profile has given you my name , what more do you seek, no i do not work for a franchise, i am no more than 20 miles away from you, local competition is bothering you, thats why you are sat on your arse wishing you were carpet cleaning but hanging on to however many other jobs it is you do to keep yourself ticking over, competition does not bother me at all matt, if you think you are competition to me i suggest you think again, or otherwise as mike has suggested, put your money where your mouth is and go and get the work, as mike and his crop of disciples up north have already told you, it really is that easy.goodnight and good luck.

stains-away

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2007, 09:41:56 pm »
hers where i got my 20,000 @ £99

www.leafletsforyou.co.uk/Priceguide2007.pdf

Thats ideal if they manage to get them printed and sent out to you instead of f*cking you about for 4 weeks promising delivery that never happens (as well as sending out business cards with spelling mistakes on  :P)

will01

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2007, 10:17:33 pm »
Have had a quick look through this thread and am extremely suprised that no one actually delivers flyers them selves. I have been doing this for years. I put out 200 per day before work. I start around 6am and then go to my first job.

My response is extremely good. I get 5 jobs per k and and in the past have tried a lot of distribution companies and have only got 1 job if lucky. DON'T TRUST ANYONE BUT YOURS TRULY!!

Will

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2007, 10:28:03 pm »
will this is how we started, and we still do it now, even in between jobs we will mail the street we are in and maybe a couple of others before the next job, i am sure homen clean referred to this also in his previous post to matt, delivering them ourselves we get the same response as you, via free papers , royal mail, or distribution company, less than 1 per thousand, over a year if you look back,thats the real truth of the matter, its been proven time and time again, yet still, this discussion comes up every now and then, i guess some guys will just have to find out the hard way.

matt jones

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2007, 10:34:30 pm »
jimmy 20 miles from where i don't live in crediton incase you were wondering but hey you probably already know that. So if you run such a successful carpet cleaning empire thats why i see all your vans around whereever i go is it as if. By the way i couldn't care less what my compitition do why worry about something you have no control over. Whatever you do, you will have competitors thats life. No i don't see myself as a competitor to your great empire carpet cleaning hasn't really picked up for me yet, but that is because i am building my business up slowly why do i want to throw thousands of pounds at a yellow pages add only to recieve a couple of jobs from it. So you know im not hanging onto however many jobs to see myself ticking over as you put it im lucky that i have casual work which does help me out but when your building a business from complete scratch i see that as being sensible and don't really care how you see it. I dont really understand what it is you seek from this forum, you seem to have all the answers it seems all you do is criticize other people and the information they give to try and help others on here like myself. Whats with the attitude to everybody? or is this your way of trying to help people?

Glynn

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2007, 10:36:17 pm »
Years ago I handed over 20000 leaflets to a local free paper to be inserted into these papers and delivered to certain postcode areas that I stipulated.

Not one single enquirey !.
So got the phone book out and found at random, about 50 tel no's of residents in these areas and true to form not one of them had seen my leaflet.
I have never put any out since.
Although there must be godd and reputable drop services somewhere.
Regards
Glynn

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2007, 10:58:35 pm »
yes matt, i do already know that, and yes you have seen our vans, you should very much care about what your competition do, and you have got control over what your competitors do to a certain extent, but certainly not if you dont care?? what a naive thing to say!?, i am not critisising anyone, especially not you, there is plenty of very good advice to be found in what i say, take the red rag from your eyes young man and look a little closer, i do not have an attitude with anybody, this is just your misinterpretation, i just tell the truth, the way it really is, if you wish to stay blinkered thats fine, i am glad you are being cautious in building your bussiness and not listening to some of the outlandish claims on these pages, the people concerned should be ashamed of themselves, as far as my empire is concerned, well thats none of your bussiness, but we are booked 4 weeks in advance and for a good reason. By the way matt, your idea about not spending all your money on a yellow page ad, thats a good idea.
Ask youself this matt, who exactly have i critisised, do you really expect me to sit here and allow a young carpet cleaning start up like you be led down the garden path from blatently inacurate bull sh-t, i am sorry but i just cant sit here and allow that to happen, especially from some guy you dont know hundreds of miles from here, so be it, believe what you like, when you fall on your arse and cant get up, maybe you will learn. I guess it's always best to make your own mistakes....SO GO AHEAD.Night all.

matt jones

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2007, 11:16:56 pm »
Jimmy the only vans i see round my way are occasionally rainbow and chemdry so unless your run one of these francises then chances are i haven't seen you. Looks like you keep a very close eye on your competition as i aint even compitition to you and you seem to of sussed me out but then again it aint to hard really is it. If you see me around so often why not come over and introduce yourself it would be nice to meet such an insperation. Maybe your empire has taken all the work down in devon though i cant say i have ever recieved one of your leaflets?

will01

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2007, 11:27:29 pm »
Guys cmon lighten up.

What do you call a Russian with 3 balls?

whodyanicabollockov!! :D

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2007, 11:31:08 pm »
ok matt, last reply i'm tired of this useless banter, you obviousely are a bit of a clever dick , calm down now, only kidding matt, who doesn't listen, i hope your not like this with your parents,  ;) :D so i won't waste any more energy on you, regarding the van thing you are continuosely harping on about as my previous post look a little closer, when we do mail shot , which is not often, because the return is not worth the bother, which is what this thread was all about isnt that right matt???? we mail to very select areas, your area does not meet that criterea, no offence, i know how sensitive you are now from previous experience.

it is nice to be regarded as an insperation though, thanks.!!LOL
now really i must go to bed, i have a very busy week cleaning carpets and upholstery ahead.

matt jones

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2007, 11:47:11 pm »
jimmy i aint no clever dick i don't know everything there is to know but nor have i made out that i do, that is why i go on forums like this to learn from people with more experience i know most of the stuff on here should only be taken with a pinch of salt but you can still learn a thing or to i know i have. You do seem to know it all so not sure why you would bother to waste your time only to perhaps source out who has started a cc business up within 50 miles of you. Anyhow congratulations with your success and remember next time you see me around come and say hello would be nice to put a face to your name.
matt

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2007, 12:24:08 am »
really, you young ones, always got to get the last word..... ;D

Matt Lindus

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 12:26:09 am »
Yeah right Mike!!! ;D ;D An OAP putting out 1000 leaflets a day everyday for a week.
And not only that, 6hrs only, take an hour for lunch and snack breaks leaves the poor old slave with only 5hrs and about to do the lot!
How do you sleep you cruel man?

Matt

Jason Hedges

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 12:39:57 am »
Matt Lindus,

He's joking about the OAP's delivering the same as being the 3rd best looking carpet cleaner!

I think he's paying for his leaflets to go out inside another publication (newspaper) which is why the cost is relatively low. You couldnt pay someone do deliver a single leaflet for that cost wherever you are in the country!

Been watching a film tonight but this post has been more interesting so sorry if missed some key points!

All the best,
Jason.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2007, 08:31:34 am »
Some ols age pennsioners can not afford to join golf, bowls or sailing clubs to keep active.

They take on  jobs at BQ or delivering Free Newspapers

I have never known an employer to pay for a lunch break.

The biggest problem is trusting your distrubtion team

Ideally you need someone with them who you can trust.