Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Re: Worst Week in 16 years
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2007, 08:44:52 am »
It really depends on what service your selling we had 10000 leaflets put out with a newspaper for our wheelie bin cleaning and the response was phenomenal we actually built our round up off the back of them leaflets.We did the same with our carpet cleaning 10000 and the response was a little less successful.

chrisg

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2007, 08:49:09 am »
more realistic to expect to pay £35 to £45 per thousand distribution, especially for a realiable firm. your average job price will want to be £100 plus remember,

Matt, i would take no notice of Jimmy, hes clearly one of them negitive slag every one off types, funny his advice to you seems to be do nothing on the advertising front, hmmm, he like that, wonder why?

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 08:58:09 am »
chrisg...if thats what you really think, you are an uneducated fool, and if youve got nothing good or informative to say you should keep your mouth closed.  The advice i have given to matt is REAL WORLD advice, good advice and nothing less than the complete truth, if you and certain members of this board wish to carry on living in some kind of pc generated fantasy world well you are welcome to it, just stop trying to drag others down , like matt, to your levels, it is shameful, disgraceful and wrong to give a young lad bad advice, i just hope he and other new starters can see you and others on here for what they really are.
Off to work now, to busy for any more of this crap.

chrisg

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 09:20:29 am »
Obvously you know less than you you would like us to think.

When have i given misinformation or bad advice?

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2007, 05:12:20 pm »
chrisg, its been a long busy day, re-read the post, especiallly the word if....i cannot be bothered with you.

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2007, 05:41:45 pm »
Matt just a quick example for you, my office gave me these figures today,  we have recently started another technician in hampshire, already a very busy area for us, so 4 weeks ago we bulk mail dropped 60,000 leaflets, some with the newspapers some with royal mail, as of today, we have received 2 firm bookings and 1 enquiry, now i am not saying we wont receive any more, but you can see the return, i can tell you that in the current climate, this is typical, so if your searching for real facts and figures , here they are, they make depressing reading unless you are able to sustain yourself with a bank of previous customers as we and many others can.Anyway this is my final post on this matter, i believe i have made my point quite clearly.

chrisg

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2007, 06:01:39 pm »
current climate?

I have had a great year so far.

prodry

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2007, 09:40:59 pm »
2 jobs from 60,000 leaflets?

Sounds like your office is on the take or you need change your company name from Bin laden Cleaning. Because they are the only two possible reasons for such a poor response.

We get min 5 calls a thousand from our leaflets, more then this at the moment as things seem very busy.

When I started out I used to put out 500 lealflets 7 days a week myslfe with help from wife, friends and family doing even more. Any newbie who complains that they are quiet needs to be doing this and making min 20 sales calls a day. 

carpetguy

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2007, 10:02:58 pm »
Dan Kennedy once commented................to get one job from a spend of $400 is something to rejoice about................but, in saying so, he was suggesting that, from that one customer, you can  / should generate endless leads

Do a good job............tell your customer what a fantastic result you got and ask AT THAT MOMENT for a couple of referrals.

rob

John Gregory

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2007, 10:09:58 pm »
Thanks prodry and carpetguy 2 posative posts been out today 10 hours delivering leaflets starting to loose the will to live

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2007, 10:29:45 pm »
Give me a call tomorrow John and I'll see if I can help ;)

John Gregory

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2007, 10:32:40 pm »
cheers Dave i will

Thanks John

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2007, 10:40:39 pm »
Its all well and good banging out oodles of leaflets promising the worlds best carpet cleaning offers.
What you have to be first is a salesman and then a carpet cleaner!

99% of people like to see who they are having in their homes before they committed themselves.

unless you have a photo of yourself on every leaflet who do they know is coming.

I think they book Mike Haliday just to count his fingers :-\

The simple answer to the marketing plan is "If you put yourself in front of enough people work will surely follow".

carpetguy

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2007, 10:48:52 pm »
Provided that you don't wear a stetson and high heeled boots !!!!!!!!!!!

rob

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2007, 10:50:13 pm »
How else will I get the type of work I like  :-*

carpetguy

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2007, 10:52:44 pm »
Too many answers to that one

steve k

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2007, 07:15:00 am »
keep at it John...you seem to have everything in place to make a go of it.
Anyone who does 10 hours a day on leaflets has got to get a bit of luck...and sometimes that is what is needed.
Michael Caine said it took him 10 years to become an overnight success!

If the road ahead looks all uphill...turn and look the other way...that is how far you have come ;D ;D

I`m not a gambler but I`d put a tenner on you if you were running in the Grand National...not that you look like a horse, that is...I`m just saying... :D :D

Best of luck and good fortune John.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2007, 08:29:10 am »
its like us,we do yp Thompson local.com rag every week,doctors appointment card,surgery mag,20,000 leaflets shoild be this week,and some other adds,
its not busy on the carpet side y I have no idea :-\  am I doing any thing wrong :-\ I feel sure it does depend on areas,and yes we do plenty others :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2007, 09:15:18 am »
pro dry, how many leaflets do you distribute, by what means, at what cost to you, who are your competitors, if you have any real competitors in your area, what prices are you going out at, are they reasonable or just down right silly, if you are booking 5 firm jobs from every drop of 1000 leaflets , whats your average ticket, all these things have to be taken into account, are you actually running in profit etc, sorry but i dont believe you, and i never will, BUT if that is so, then i honestly congratulate you, really, although that return in time will diminish causing you then to think twice. You may not believe that time will come, but it will. As for our 60,000 drop, the timing wasnt quite right , what with the easter hols, unfortunately we had no choice because of the constraints put on by royal mail as to when they can deliver, i fully expect to book much more work from this drop now the holiday is gone, but still not at a rate of 5/1000 on a 60,000 drop, those days , unfortunately are long gone, unless of course your pricing is cheap, cheap, cheap. Any way as i said before  ;D i wont post again on this, as mike said a few pages ago, the discussion will go on forever, so i'll let you all figure it out for yourselves, thats the best way. Good to see so many getting involved though.Happy cleaning.

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2007, 09:21:54 am »
prodry...just looked at the prices on your website, if thats been your price list up til now, no wonder you get that response from your drops ,neither i nor our technicians will work for that, it just wouldn't be worth it.