JandS

Dynamall
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:24:06 am »
Anybody tried it on upholstery and if so how well does it perform?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

stuart_clark

Re: Dynamall
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 01:27:33 pm »
Ive never used Dynamal on upholstery, but I did use Hydrox just the other day on a browned Linnen chair
Corrected the stain no problem but dosent smell as nice as the Dynamal

JandS

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »
On carpets I'm pretty impressed although apart from one job I've only used it on empty, decent condition house carpets.
I'm still trying to figure out how to market it to people or should I just go in and use it and see what they say.

*Hector*

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »
just go and use it..

they don't know if you use dynamall or a dynamo, and what's more they don't care...

As long as you get their carpets clean..

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

JandS

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »
Your right Hector the majority won't know what to expect when you arrive anyway.

*Hector*

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »
Simon... Mrs H says good grief are you feeling alright??

she seems concerned that you think I am right about something..  :-\ :-\

Darran Pryce

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 08:32:04 am »
The only issue with Dynamall is its expensive to use.  We only use it on commercial property.  SPM is a far cheaper to use (encap) and does as good a job than Dynamall.  The only issue is it has no smell.  That's were   http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=22741040&ViewAction=ViewProduct  comes in.  We cleaned nursing carpets a few weeks ago one of which stank.   

Sprayed down with SPM, rinsed with natural tones.  Came back to the area after an hour and put a light mist covering of natural tones over the really stinky area.

Got a call a week later to say the clean had eliminated the stink. 

It works!

stuart_clark

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 08:52:42 am »
Is that solutions spm Darren ?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 09:16:14 am »
It is mate.

JandS

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:17 am »
It's expensive to use Darran but it's miles quicker.
I'm talking about not rinsing so SPM would be a no no.
It's expensive but it's peanuts when you see how much more work you can get through in a day.
More work and it's easier work......you save time on the actual job and in the set up/down.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 09:57:24 am »
We encap almost all our jobs with SPM (99%).  If a real bad we then use extractor machine.  SPM is loads cheaper than Dynamall. 

Never no issues mate.   I know a lot of others who only use SPM for encap too.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 10:30:53 am »
SPM doesnt encapsulate in the same way as Environ, Procaps, Surround, Releasit, Dynamall, Rotobrite 2.

It should be used as a bonnet cleaner where dirt is absorbed by the pad(s).

If used like a modern Encap you are just driving the residual soil deeper into the pile.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 10:47:42 am »
SPM doesnt encapsulate in the same way as Environ, Procaps, Surround, Releasit, Dynamall, Rotobrite 2.

It should be used as a bonnet cleaner where dirt is absorbed by the pad(s).

If used like a modern Encap you are just driving the residual soil deeper into the pile.

Sorry I mean bonnet cleaning... it does work a treat!  Cheap and quick.

stuart_clark

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »
Ive used DS2 today on a regular nursing home, well more of a sheltered complex realy, but five floors of  low profile corded carpet, came up a treat,  I bet people are sick of hearing of me going on about this stuff ! Lol

JandS

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »
Used it today on a house and another job on 4 dining room chairs.
Large living room, slightly smaller tv room, 2 ground floor large bedrooms, hallway and stairs, red patterned Axminster in all rooms.
Last time I did it 16 months ago HWE took me near enough 4 hours.....this time 2 hours 20 mins and the owner was over the moon with the clean and the fresh smell....and It was really steady away.
Used 8 litres rtu so roughly £6.
4 white faux suede type dining room chairs moderately soiled.....brushed of dirt and wiped down....mixed and sprayed on...drill brushed it for agitation...towelled off and was done 35 minutes from arrival.
She asked me if I would give it a try on a mattress so thought what the hell it's only 3.30 so same process again....wasn't particularly badly stained although it was a childs but it came up mint and more importantly to the custy smelt nice. Took about 20 minutes from mixing to finish. Used 1 litre total @ £0.75p.

garyhumphreys

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:47 pm »
are you saying 8 litres of re spray to clean all the rooms and stairs?

JandS

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:58 pm »
Yes...you need to get some stuff down for it to work....probably a tad too much but carpets in lounge, where I did first, were dry when I finished...it doesn't seem to dampen them as much as normal stuff....it's not a pre spray by the way.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »
Mixed and Sprayed on = Prespray ?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 07:07:10 pm »
Pre spray prior to what....agitation maybe but not extraction.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33:10 pm »
Whatever it's a pre-spray whether towel agitate or extraction  :)
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

garyhumphreys

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »
8 litres of mixed product doesn't seem enough for all the rooms you did

stuart_clark

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:52 pm »
Did you use a bonnet or pad mate ?

*Hector*

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 05:16:18 am »
8 litres of mixed product doesn't seem enough for all the rooms you did

I would have said it is more than enough Gary.....

Also. as the carpets came up good enough for John and the custard, then it does seem to be the right amount....

There is no need to over-wet using this method.

JandS

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:22 am »
Brushed in then ran a bonnet quickly over everywhere except the steps.
To be honest it didn't need the bonnet but it probably helped drying.

*Hector*

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 09:49:30 am »
I find that if you bonnet after, it removes quite a bit of the muck, and the custards can see a marked difference, and thus makes them happier.  ;D

garyhumphreys

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 09:51:42 am »
What size nozzles are you using in your sprayer?

JandS

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 01:22:09 pm »
Without looking...110/02

Simon Gerrard

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:51 pm »
Brushed in then ran a bonnet quickly over everywhere except the steps.
To be honest it didn't need the bonnet but it probably helped drying.

Are we talking Dynamal here? You say brushed in, with what?
Thanks

Simon

*Hector*

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 03:31:48 pm »
Hector,
Are you using encap now?

Simon

Sometimes Simon..... depends on the job, but I do still bonnet it off at the end if I do use it, and I use Environ at the moment. Jamie recommended it a while ago, and until or unless I get any problems with it, I will continue to use it.

Quite often I use Nemesis/mpower or Microsplitter and agitate in before spraying the encap down and bonneting, so effectively clean the carpet twice, but the custards like it, and it is still dry in an hour or so.

JandS

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 04:19:11 pm »
Does the encap still work on top of other pre sprays?
Or do you bonnet off the pre spray first?

gwrightson

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

Some strange methods of cleaning  :-\ I am reading!!

Either you are encapping with a true encap product or you are muck shifting with a bonnet ;)
I cant quite get my head around the pre spraying with other solution and then encapping, still what ever works best for the individual.  
I have on occasions on really bad low profile used h/w/e then encapped to finish,  with great results.

Whilst on the subject, I believe most of the products mentioned on this thread and past threads will give results when used as a so called encap product, BUT non have the true encapsulation properties that specific encap products are designed for, so imo  use the correct solution and don't believe others are doing the job.

An example I can give you , I once used some algex by mistake, visibly great ;D , only realising by the smell all was not right I had to extract immediately.
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

stuart_clark

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 05:34:08 pm »
We are going out tonight to clean 250 seats in a sheltered acom with Dynamall ! Might as well use it as ive got a poop load ! Lol

JandS

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 05:45:04 pm »
Spray...drill brush agitation and towel or bonnet off...you'll fly through them.

neil 47

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 11:50:28 pm »
I must say i,m impressed  with dynamall its great on stains and brilliant when used as a encap on low profile , great on suites ,chairs .

I even used it on a badley stained wool carpet and i wasnt holding out much hope but it came up great , Ive found i have to lay it down so that it leaves a slight froth , this seems to work best .

I do hate paying so much for it and must remember to factor that cost in

having hwe for years it just dosnt seem right that it does such a good job .

would a tm 4 make it even better as im brushing with rotary then padding off ?
IICRC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 06:50:11 am »

This is something I've often wondered, if the encapulation properties are effected when it is sprayed over another cleaning agent

If I use pureclean or Mpower first will they interact with the dynamall or environ.

Unless you are happy to mix both chemicals in your sprayer then I can't see how you can mix them on the carpet.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*Hector*

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:01 am »
most of the time I use the stripey pad to agitate the mpower or ms.. so yes I suppose it is bonneting some of it off first.

My theory with MS though is that they loosen the dirt from the carpet and then with the encap sprayed down after that has happened, it then encaps the dirt quicker and easier, so it hits the carpet with a double whammy.

This would not happen if you were to mix them both in the same sprayer.

Unless you are happy to mix both chemicals in your sprayer then I can't see how you can mix them on the carpet.

If you do as I suggested then the first one gets chance to do the job it was designed to do, before the second one hits it.

I may not be correct... But it is my theory and it works for me on minging carpets, and I have been doing it for a few years now..  ;D

stuart_clark

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 07:11:39 am »
Cleaned 250 seats and backs last night and about 100sq mtres  of wool axminster, used dynamall at 10 to 1 , must admit it lifted all the stains very easily in the upholstery  and the carpet looked great, customer was realy happy and comented how nice  it smelled, used a full bottle mind you so was quite expensive compared to the DS

Earned £785.00 mind you  not bad for 4 hours work from start to finish, minus £30 for the product

bennymon

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »
This is what it does

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

This is something I've often wondered, if the encapulation properties are effected when it is sprayed over another cleaning agent

If I use pureclean or Mpower first will they interact with the dynamall or environ.

Mix em together and see if it dries hard. I have done this test with Prochem Citrus Gel and Encap Spot. It still dries hard which is the most important part. One of the benefits of Encap is that it will dry out detergent residues from previous cleans.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »
Cleaned 250 seats and backs last night and about 100sq mtres  of wool axminster, used dynamall at 10 to 1 , must admit it lifted all the stains very easily in the upholstery  and the carpet looked great, customer was realy happy and comented how nice  it smelled, used a full bottle mind you so was quite expensive compared to the DS

Earned £785.00 mind you  not bad for 4 hours work from start to finish, minus £30 for the product

How did you clean the chairs Stuart? brushed in the encap and vac?

I also did chairs yesterday and took fecking forever! 60 very grumby pub chairs. Will encap deal with that type of soiling?

The fabric was your typical synthetic but in red so showed the stains.

stuart_clark

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 07:42:02 pm »
We diddn"t vac them just sprayed the realy hot Encap on and wiped off with a terry, came up a treat
Back there now doing more, but more of a pain because they are wing backed chairs, but cleans up very easily, and at 6 quid each they are a steal
using Releasit Ds tonite a good bit cheaper and smells just as nice

dan paton

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 11:28:10 pm »
I've only ever tried releasit hydrox which was good but needed a dwell. I've a job coming up soon and would prefer to just spray and go with an op machine. What would the best one be ?

stuart_clark

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:46 pm »
Dan

if I were you I would try DS you will be plesentley pleased ! Its smells nice and works instantly! Use a pad rather than a bonnet you will be suprised how good it cleans
and is very,very economical

dan paton

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 11:58:20 pm »
Cheers Stuart . I'll give it a go

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2014, 08:04:05 am »
I've only ever tried releasit hydrox which was good but needed a dwell. I've a job coming up soon and would prefer to just spray and go with an op machine. What would the best one be ?

are you asking which machine for upholstery dan? If so there is the Cyclo and its variants available from car detailers. same as hos micro but better deal.

dan paton

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 08:18:50 am »
no it's for low profile carpet with the challenger Jamie :)  Although them cyclos do look good