It is a fantastic product if used correctly  :o
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

JandS

Re: What do people really think of M-Power
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »
Love the stuff.
Get some down and let it sit there for a while
after brushing in.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 08:54:08 pm »
It works on carpet well... especially wool, i find i have to apply it a little heavier compared to using other products when pre spraying in order to get the desired results

Wayne Boardman

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 09:07:10 pm »
For me it's the only one of the WOC chems I can't get to work as well and as consistent as I want.
Read the tips etc but no joy.

Love all the others Spm, Shockwave along with final phase and all the spotters have fully replaced my prochem stock.

richie

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 10:00:40 pm »
M Power is the biggest hit n miss chemical on the market.  Some say they get awesome results and some just cant get a result out of it.  Personally i have never seen it do the amazing results that some claim.  A friend of mine used to use it a lot and every time i went on a job with him i never saw the wow factor.  The main thing i hear people say its good for now is removing vomit smells.

creighton foyle

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 10:31:17 pm »
i have used it to good effect but i dont like nick ( and  he probably does'nt like me) so i switched to nemesis from restoremate same type of product and works equally as well .

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
I've tried it a few times over the years and think it is rubbish in comparison to the likes of Powerburst, SPM and Shockwave.

Simon

wynne jones

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:02 pm »
A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Chris Straker

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 06:23:25 am »
It is the one product I use each day ........ easy to use, safe on many fibres and the customers love the end results ........ have to, as I need them to return and save on finding new ones  ;)

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 07:51:52 am »
I always use M-Power on wool and get great results.  Also good to use when faced with vomit or other smelly problems. :)
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

clinton

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 08:05:24 am »
I have  used it for many years now ..

Always have had  good results

Even use it on my l m cleaning too in some situations.

Love it ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 08:16:11 am »
Clinton has now replaced his shampoo with M Power! Look at his long soft flowing hair!

Be careful though Clinton, Derek used it for years and look whats happened to his hair! Its disappeared!

and poor old Simon ' Big Blower ' Gerrard has to wear a syrup!

;D ;D ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 08:34:52 am »

;D ;D ;D

But you can't see the join  ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 08:51:43 am »
Clinton has now replaced his shampoo with M Power! Look at his long soft flowing hair!

Be careful though Clinton, Derek used it for years and look whats happened to his hair! Its disappeared!

;D ;D ;D

Billy,
Your little blower won't suck the smoke off a fAg, speaking of fAgs...... ;D

clinton

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 12:41:51 pm »
Billy   ;D Thats why i just use it for a pre conditioner now ;D

Whos got the bigest  blower then ;D

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 03:06:57 pm »
speaking of f*gs...... ;D

Yes, where is Jim Neal!

;D ;D

Come on Billy, it's xmas time. Big Jims's got his round to do tonight. Takes some planning ;)

clinton

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 03:29:27 pm »
There going on britains got talent as the four blowers ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 04:15:52 pm »
i think its that great that when the poop hit the fan the main suplyer had to go cap in hand to the very people that he banged on for years were rubbish

funny thing carma  shame m power wasnt any good he made of sold more and stop in buisness himself without the help of us truckmounters  ;D

seamus campbell

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »
if we could just keep to opinion on the product please,no interest in personalities or comany involved with it

richie

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »
if we could just keep to opinion on the product please,no interest in personalities or comany involved with it

SEAWATER it is then :)

Richard Cole

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »
My favorite product to use on wool carpets. :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

garyhumphreys

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »
do the people who like using it stick to the stated dilution rates or glug a bit extra in?

Will it work better at the recommended dilution rate or does it have more power mixed a bit stronger?

*Hector*

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 06:26:26 pm »
This is one of the products that actually work better at the recommended dilution rate, and sometimes slightly less than the recommended rate... More is not good...

tim handley

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »
works for me......   at suggested dilution rates!!!!

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »
Normal usage 1-120. Sick, poo, etc 1-80.
Do not use more than 1-80 as it has less effect.
It needs the correct amount of water to work properly.
A reasonable amount applied ( more than microsplitters ) and 10-30 mins dwell time including agitation. 10-15 normally.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 07:23:01 pm »
Looks like I’m in the majority never used it, :'( 8) ;) as my Nan used to say never add to the pot it cost and was she frugal  ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

seamus campbell

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »
personally think its a great product, just wish their dilution rates were a bit easier to understand  ml/ltrs instead of ratios

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:40 pm »
I find it works better as a wetting agent a few ml per litre in MS or detergents can help to wet the fibre out so I use less pre-spray. As a stand alone pre-spray i've has patchy results, tried it hot, cold at the recommended dose long dwell, no dwell. I even tried a light mist and going on a bit heavier, got frustrated when I would need to mix something different and re-spray it. Most chemicals are designed to work at particular ratio's so check with the supplier before you do it. I think you should try it as you may get the results you want different strokes and all that.

seamus campbell

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 07:28:36 pm »
Looks like I’m in the majority never used it, :'( 8) ;) as my Nan used to say never add to the pot it cost and was she frugal  ;)
[/qu ???ote]

Chris Straker

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »
Len, frugal or not, it was £59 when I first started using it ....... now down to £39, due to demand & higher production rates I suppose  ;)

Must be up to the job, as it is the only product specifically requested at the Big House & Medical Research Centre that I do !!

That's not too bad for 400 to 600 litres of prespray  ::)

Nigel_W

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 07:47:49 pm »
Len, frugal or not, it was £59 when I first started using it ....... now down to £39, due to demand & higher production rates I suppose  ;)

That's not too bad for 400 to 600 litres of prespray  ::)

and Nemesis :-X

Nigel_W

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 07:49:49 pm »
personally think its a great product, just wish their dilution rates were a bit easier to understand  ml/ltrs instead of ratios

Seamus,

Why have you started this thread asking what everyone thinks ? when you clearly already know what you think ???

Nigel

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 08:09:58 pm »

Seamus,

Why have you started this thread asking what everyone thinks ? when you clearly already know what you think ???

Nigel

I was thinking the same!  ???

Personaly I didn't find it a good product at all! Wasted money on two bottles of the stuff  after all the rave reviews here...

Also, how can using more of the product be a bad thing? Sounds like a very strange excuse for a product noting working. Using more would either make it better or have the same. Not worst.

Tony

*Hector*

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 08:12:12 pm »
it needs the water to start working Tony... if you reduce the water you reduce the medium for it to work..

seamus campbell

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 08:56:49 pm »
Yeah i can understand why your confused, Have been using it  a lot recently but not on anything to bad to be honest but have found it to do a good job at a good price, but then i keep asking myself would something else have done an even better job, still coming to terms with how  little is diluted. So thought i would run it past some of the more experienced guys before ordering some more

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 08:59:22 pm »
http://www.eco2000.com.au/colloidal.shtml

A bit of information on the manufactures site,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Craigp

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:25 pm »
It says on Mikes link that heat does help colliodal work better.

Will Lane

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »
I use M-Power on anything with wool in it and I get great results. To be honest it's the only Solutions product I use as I'm a bit of a Prochem loyalist. I want to try Prespray Gold on wool to see if its any better, has anyone tried M-Power and Prespray Gold (not together!) and can give a good comparison between the two?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:56 am »
The truth is there is very little discernible difference between one pre-spray and another, at least not on your average lounge carpet, as there are so many other factors at play beyond the pre-spray used, colour, construction, fibre type, age, type of system used, temperature of the cleaning solution etc etc so it is difficult to attribute the result to just the pre-spray.
Pre-sprays play more of a part when the carpet is particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc, and then it is more important to choose, or have the choice of a range of  pre-sprays and not just the one that got Mrs Jone's carpet clean, the one that fooled you into thinking its was the dogs danglies in all circumstances, when in fact it is not.
I don't like M-Power because it falls short of what other pre-sprays do by quite a margin.

Simon

richie

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 01:23:00 pm »
That was a good comment for you Simon  ;D

Richard Cole

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »
The truth is there is very little discernible difference between one pre-spray and another, at least not on your average lounge carpet, as there are so many other factors at play beyond the pre-spray used, colour, construction, fibre type, age, type of system used, temperature of the cleaning solution etc etc so it is difficult to attribute the result to just the pre-spray.
Pre-sprays play more of a part when the carpet is particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc, and then it is more important to choose, or have the choice of a range of  pre-sprays and not just the one that got Mrs Jone's carpet clean, the one that fooled you into thinking its was the dogs danglies in all circumstances, when in fact it is not.
I don't like M-Power because it falls short of what other pre-sprays do by quite a margin.

Simon

You quoted in an earlier post Simon that M Power is not as good as "Powerburst, SPM and Shockwave" of which I use SPM and Shockwave, not used Powerburst personally but believe it is similar to Shockwave,  however i use M-Power on all wool and wool / mix carpets because i get very good results, I wouldn't use any of the others mentioned on wool so just wondering what you use on this type of carpet?
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Bob Allen

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »
It does make me laugh when people sa they have never used Powerburst, it is in  my oppinion the best allround prespray, for those who have not tried it....Try it!!  ;D
Bob Allen

seamus campbell

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 02:29:33 pm »
Can Powerburst be used on all carpets BoB, or just man made fibres?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 03:15:02 pm »

You quoted in an earlier post Simon that M Power is not as good as "Powerburst, SPM and Shockwave" of which I use SPM and Shockwave, not used Powerburst personally but believe it is similar to Shockwave,  however i use M-Power on all wool and wool / mix carpets because i get very good results, I wouldn't use any of the others mentioned on wool so just wondering what you use on this type of carpet?
[/quote]

Richard,
Powerburst, SPM or Shockwave, but it depends on the ciscumstances. If lightly soil domestic wool carpet SPM, but if a greasy or very soiled wool  carpet then PB or SW, but then we might support either of them with boosters or additives so as to get the best possible result.

Simon

Chris Straker

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 04:35:51 pm »
It's times like this, when I realise how spoilt I am .............. luckily I do not get to deal with "particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc" ....... so have never needed to use such aggresive cleaners as Powerburst, although I did use some Shockwave on EOT as a gauge to it's strength, after it arrived in my sample pack !!

Even my worst office carpet tile job comes up perfectly with MP, in extraction or LM cleans ........... only ever used SoluBoost on two jobs ...... one was a clean up after poor DIY clean and the other was actually a bar carpet for mate that owns the place ...... he got someone in that really did not do him any favours (inexperienced TM with 100 degrees and 100 gallons of water - took 2 days to fully dry & splits many seams).

Mike Halliday

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »
It says on Mikes link that heat does help colliodal work better.

Heat won't make a difference with Mpower as the dwell time is too long, how do you keep the prespray hot for 30mins once it's on the carpet? It will cool straight away.

It is applicable when colloids are used it a dip tank to Clean oily engine parts or oil contaminated animals then the dip tank has a heater fitted to keep the solution warm.

I often read that people who se Mpower on a dirty carpet will give a light mist of heavy duty microsplitter to help it work....which begs the question why not just use heavy duty microsplitter in the first place
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »
It's times like this, when I realise how spoilt I am .............. luckily I do not get to deal with "particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc" ....... so have never needed to use such aggresive cleaners as Powerburst, although I did use some Shockwave on EOT as a gauge to it's strength, after it arrived in my sample pack !!

Even my worst office carpet tile job comes up perfectly with MP, in extraction or LM cleans ........... only ever used SoluBoost on two jobs ...... one was a clean up after poor DIY clean and the other was actually a bar carpet for mate that owns the place ...... he got someone in that really did not do him any favours (inexperienced TM with 100 degrees and 100 gallons of water - took 2 days to fully dry & splits many seams).

definately unlucky in my eyes. the dirtier the better for me. and in your instance chris, the challenge of cleaning a real dirty shrinker is the cream of the crop. love challenges, love dirty filthy carpets. hate maintenance cleans, bore the krap out of me. like watching carpets  dry. ;D

as for the thread, never used Mpower, never needed it, good microsplitter does my boring cleans, doesn't mean i won't try it though, heard it has good odour killing qualities and odour is something i need to improve on, queue jokes about B-O and rightguard for men or women. ;D

Bob Allen

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »
Hi Seamus, yes i pretty much use powerburst on all carpets.
Bob Allen

davep

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 11:00:28 pm »
Agree 100% Derek. Nothing better than a result on a minger, don't really get an excited custy when it's a maintenance clean.  :D

james roffey

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 11:58:24 pm »
Been using M Power for about three years now, but usually only on upholstery now. I have used it on Berbers in the past and other wool carpets but have on more than one occasion had to re-clean it with something stronger, did one recently a filthy Berber and the results with Poweburst and an acid rinse were astonishing when you witness results like that and a delighted customer it's hard to go back, also find Shockwave very good too