Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: What do people really think of M-Power
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:56 am »
The truth is there is very little discernible difference between one pre-spray and another, at least not on your average lounge carpet, as there are so many other factors at play beyond the pre-spray used, colour, construction, fibre type, age, type of system used, temperature of the cleaning solution etc etc so it is difficult to attribute the result to just the pre-spray.
Pre-sprays play more of a part when the carpet is particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc, and then it is more important to choose, or have the choice of a range of  pre-sprays and not just the one that got Mrs Jone's carpet clean, the one that fooled you into thinking its was the dogs danglies in all circumstances, when in fact it is not.
I don't like M-Power because it falls short of what other pre-sprays do by quite a margin.

Simon

richie

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 01:23:00 pm »
That was a good comment for you Simon  ;D

Richard Cole

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »
The truth is there is very little discernible difference between one pre-spray and another, at least not on your average lounge carpet, as there are so many other factors at play beyond the pre-spray used, colour, construction, fibre type, age, type of system used, temperature of the cleaning solution etc etc so it is difficult to attribute the result to just the pre-spray.
Pre-sprays play more of a part when the carpet is particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc, and then it is more important to choose, or have the choice of a range of  pre-sprays and not just the one that got Mrs Jone's carpet clean, the one that fooled you into thinking its was the dogs danglies in all circumstances, when in fact it is not.
I don't like M-Power because it falls short of what other pre-sprays do by quite a margin.

Simon

You quoted in an earlier post Simon that M Power is not as good as "Powerburst, SPM and Shockwave" of which I use SPM and Shockwave, not used Powerburst personally but believe it is similar to Shockwave,  however i use M-Power on all wool and wool / mix carpets because i get very good results, I wouldn't use any of the others mentioned on wool so just wondering what you use on this type of carpet?
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Bob Allen

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »
It does make me laugh when people sa they have never used Powerburst, it is in  my oppinion the best allround prespray, for those who have not tried it....Try it!!  ;D
Bob Allen

seamus campbell

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 02:29:33 pm »
Can Powerburst be used on all carpets BoB, or just man made fibres?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 03:15:02 pm »

You quoted in an earlier post Simon that M Power is not as good as "Powerburst, SPM and Shockwave" of which I use SPM and Shockwave, not used Powerburst personally but believe it is similar to Shockwave,  however i use M-Power on all wool and wool / mix carpets because i get very good results, I wouldn't use any of the others mentioned on wool so just wondering what you use on this type of carpet?
[/quote]

Richard,
Powerburst, SPM or Shockwave, but it depends on the ciscumstances. If lightly soil domestic wool carpet SPM, but if a greasy or very soiled wool  carpet then PB or SW, but then we might support either of them with boosters or additives so as to get the best possible result.

Simon

Chris Straker

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 04:35:51 pm »
It's times like this, when I realise how spoilt I am .............. luckily I do not get to deal with "particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc" ....... so have never needed to use such aggresive cleaners as Powerburst, although I did use some Shockwave on EOT as a gauge to it's strength, after it arrived in my sample pack !!

Even my worst office carpet tile job comes up perfectly with MP, in extraction or LM cleans ........... only ever used SoluBoost on two jobs ...... one was a clean up after poor DIY clean and the other was actually a bar carpet for mate that owns the place ...... he got someone in that really did not do him any favours (inexperienced TM with 100 degrees and 100 gallons of water - took 2 days to fully dry & splits many seams).

Mike Halliday

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »
It says on Mikes link that heat does help colliodal work better.

Heat won't make a difference with Mpower as the dwell time is too long, how do you keep the prespray hot for 30mins once it's on the carpet? It will cool straight away.

It is applicable when colloids are used it a dip tank to Clean oily engine parts or oil contaminated animals then the dip tank has a heater fitted to keep the solution warm.

I often read that people who se Mpower on a dirty carpet will give a light mist of heavy duty microsplitter to help it work....which begs the question why not just use heavy duty microsplitter in the first place
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »
It's times like this, when I realise how spoilt I am .............. luckily I do not get to deal with "particularly dirty, like greasy restaurants, dirty pubs / offices etc" ....... so have never needed to use such aggresive cleaners as Powerburst, although I did use some Shockwave on EOT as a gauge to it's strength, after it arrived in my sample pack !!

Even my worst office carpet tile job comes up perfectly with MP, in extraction or LM cleans ........... only ever used SoluBoost on two jobs ...... one was a clean up after poor DIY clean and the other was actually a bar carpet for mate that owns the place ...... he got someone in that really did not do him any favours (inexperienced TM with 100 degrees and 100 gallons of water - took 2 days to fully dry & splits many seams).

definately unlucky in my eyes. the dirtier the better for me. and in your instance chris, the challenge of cleaning a real dirty shrinker is the cream of the crop. love challenges, love dirty filthy carpets. hate maintenance cleans, bore the krap out of me. like watching carpets  dry. ;D

as for the thread, never used Mpower, never needed it, good microsplitter does my boring cleans, doesn't mean i won't try it though, heard it has good odour killing qualities and odour is something i need to improve on, queue jokes about B-O and rightguard for men or women. ;D

Bob Allen

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »
Hi Seamus, yes i pretty much use powerburst on all carpets.
Bob Allen

davep

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 11:00:28 pm »
Agree 100% Derek. Nothing better than a result on a minger, don't really get an excited custy when it's a maintenance clean.  :D

james roffey

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 11:58:24 pm »
Been using M Power for about three years now, but usually only on upholstery now. I have used it on Berbers in the past and other wool carpets but have on more than one occasion had to re-clean it with something stronger, did one recently a filthy Berber and the results with Poweburst and an acid rinse were astonishing when you witness results like that and a delighted customer it's hard to go back, also find Shockwave very good too