ian loughlin

100 psi good enough
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:19:40 am »
I have just bought a prochem steampro2000 100 psi hwe, i am ready to go.

been to the cleaning show and seen loads of really good machines, with 500 psi plus.....£2.000.00 plus.

someone assure me that my machine is good enough to start with, as i am lead to believe that everyone upgrades to a more powerful machine.

is it right to have the most powerful machine, or is it just good technique

carpetguy

Re: 100 psi good enough
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:51:04 am »
Of course it's good enough, but..............some people will suggest otherwise, as some people imagine they must have... ......the biggest advert
                                  most powerful machine
                                  newest phone
                                  latest technology
                                  etc, etc,
And they will have a Blackberry ( which they only make phone calls from ),,,,,,,,,,,,they will have the most expensive golf clubs..............( but still play badly )..............they will have a Porche , or Mercedes...............just for show ( because they can't afford to drive it )

Others will buy and use machines which ( will do an excellent job ) provided that the person at the end of the tools has the ability and learns to use them effectively, along with good products.

A good carpet cleaner, is a bit like a craftsman................he watches , listens, learns, practices and is prepared to continue learning and developing his skills..............often, such a person will have, what appears to " some people " to have ancient, out date, difficult to get a result with, tools, but............they are cherished, looked after,  personalised and the results such people can achieve, can be quite extraordinary.

Craftsman skills are always sought after and they are usually busy, but at the same time, a craftsman might charge a little more for their work, however, they are usually generous with their time and their knowledge, delivering quality, day after day.

I remember such a craftsman..............a golf pro' called Sam Snead...............this amazing man could take a single club from his bag and proceed to beat other players score, over a complete round of golf.

So.............use what you have.............trial a number of different products...........learn to use the machine  / tools as effectively as you are able.

Don't be swayed by " other peoples " opinions, believe in the results that you are achieving.

Good Luck

lands

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:25:25 am »
Thats about right Ian. I raved about the use of traffic clean as a pre spray but u might find something better.

ian loughlin

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 11:54:58 am »
Cheers carpetguy,

i think you hit the nail on the head. what i have is just fine, and it is the overall service that counts.

cant wait for my first job........!!!!

ian loughlin

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:10:08 pm »
Hey Pete,

There is someone selling a "Grace" hwe, 135psi on ebay, its in Swindon. Just enter carpet cleaning machines on ebay. £ 400.00 Bargain.

davep

nevil

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 03:05:36 pm »
I started with a grace and still use it now two years on. It is an excelent machine. I have put a bigger pump in it but it doesn't add to the quality of the work I do, just allowed me to perform to the same high standard faster.

darren72

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 04:54:20 pm »
ive been using the powermax for over 2 years great machine nice and light 100 psi is fine i got a new pump of a prochem about 6 months ago 120 psi dont think theres much diffrence.  darren

homenclean

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 05:44:46 pm »
I have a prochem cheyenne with the in line heater and we clean everything from football stadiums to indian restaurants without any trouble, it`s not what you do its how you use it!.

Spoke to the prochem rep recently and he told me the machine is only 40% of the job its what you do and what you use thats cleans.

John

spickandspan

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 06:01:19 pm »
100 psi no problem mate i use nothing else.
Good luck with your new venture.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 07:24:55 pm »
The only thing more power will offer you is speed!!!!

Regards

Dave

carpetguy

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 11:05:24 pm »
What a refreshing post.

rob

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 06:03:33 am »
Of course it's good enough, but..............some people will suggest otherwise, as some people imagine they must have... ......the biggest advert
                                  most powerful machine
                                  newest phone
                                  latest technology
                                  etc, etc,
And they will have a Blackberry ( which they only make phone calls from ),,,,,,,,,,,,they will have the most expensive golf clubs..............( but still play badly )..............they will have a Porche , or Mercedes...............just for show ( because they can't afford to drive it )

Others will buy and use machines which ( will do an excellent job ) provided that the person at the end of the tools has the ability and learns to use them effectively, along with good products.

A good carpet cleaner, is a bit like a craftsman................he watches , listens, learns, practices and is prepared to continue learning and developing his skills..............often, such a person will have, what appears to " some people " to have ancient, out date, difficult to get a result with, tools, but............they are cherished, looked after,  personalised and the results such people can achieve, can be quite extraordinary.

Craftsman skills are always sought after and they are usually busy, but at the same time, a craftsman might charge a little more for their work, however, they are usually generous with their time and their knowledge, delivering quality, day after day.

I remember such a craftsman..............a golf pro' called Sam Snead...............this amazing man could take a single club from his bag and proceed to beat other players score, over a complete round of golf.

So.............use what you have.............trial a number of different products...........learn to use the machine  / tools as effectively as you are able.

Don't be swayed by " other peoples " opinions, believe in the results that you are achieving.

Good Luck

yes your bang on the money with what you have said the only thing ive got to add is that it doesnt matter how long you have been doing it you never stop learning !

lands

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 10:09:11 am »
Not seen that one mate (been looking daily)

lands

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 06:40:24 am »
Ian H

These prices are fantastic for what you get. My only concern would be spare parts & maintenance etc.

Pete

paul wright

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 03:07:24 pm »
very little skills needed for carpet cleaning, its nearly all about setup  get the best u can aford, u can clean a carpet witj a small unheated machine i did for 5 years   but a bigger heated machine will clean better and faster with lot less sweat , it really aint rocket  stuff , and if u find it is and a bigger better machine dont clean a carpet faster and easier   then giv up