clinton

Re: Pump it up? 500 psi so how do you....
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 10:22:58 am »
Had one years ago and was not pleased with it :(

Always stuck to alltecs myself and have used them since the mid 90s.

A bit heavy mind you to lift into van and never taken them in the houses as use plenty of hose.

Sometimes as you say you can get a bad one ::)

Fraser Thom

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 10:30:26 am »
I'd love to invest in a truck mount but the main problem is the amount of flats I clean where it is just impossible to park at the front door.  I'll try to target more houses as time goes on and I suppose I could have the porty as a back up for the flats.

I doubt it'll be a prochem truckmount, though!

Fraser

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 10:32:03 am »
When you read some of the posts on here about cleaning carpets you would think you would have to be a brain surgeon to be a carpet cleaner its not realy a hard job its just commen sence when is the last time somebody overwet a carpet and had a problem with it  i think some people look for problems when theres none there.

clinton

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 10:35:49 am »
Fraser

Think if i was starting of now i would go for t mount :)

Think it just gives you the added selling point  to build your work load and client base up ???

Most t mount set ups a portie is a must i guess as there will be jobs that  the t mounts wont reach.

Fraser Thom

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 10:37:47 am »
I think you're right of course.

Although new truck mount equals new van equals big hole in wallet!

Fraser

clinton

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 10:42:54 am »
Well if your happy with the way you worki fraser i wouldnt change it mate :)

Just think to build up a good base quick its a good investment.

There are some set ups going for around 7 n half grand for t mounts and van.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 10:56:00 am »
Simon are you saying you cant clean a wool carpet at 250psi with hot water your having a laugh or then again if it takes you 6 hours to clean the above your probably not.

No. I was asking if you could, why am I having a laugh ??? High temps and pressure can damage wool and twists. If you need to turn the heat and pumps down then it is only useful on man made untwisted piles. If you're cleaning them at 80/90c and 250/300 psi with great results you answered my question.

The point of the thread was not if you have a monster porty you're an idiot or that I can ONLY clean using a 3 step process that takes an hour a room. I've never used one and the best way to find out is ask the bloody question!

dave123

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 11:38:10 am »
Fraser ,I don't think you had a friday machine .I've had a prochem steampro 2000 for years and to be honest i persevered with it .I have just aquired a ninja 400 psi with built in steamate ,I love it and wished i'd gone with ashby's years ago.It has cut my work time down by just under a half .Less time to do jobs means more jobs can be done meaning more money . ;D I find ashby's chemicals better as well and cheaper.

Fraser Thom

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 11:45:05 am »
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't gone for the Prochem myself Dave.  Oh well, you live and learn.  I can see it becoming my back-up machcine within the year!

Fraser

clinton

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 11:57:01 am »
Dave

You have got a good tool there :)

Like the concept of the dual heat.

Have you got the inline heater also as well as the built in steam mate ???

You could get the piggy back booster and 2"vac  hose .

Darren O

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 12:10:30 pm »
Simon ive never had a problem cleaning wool carpets at 250/300psi and also at high temperatures i dont think you will save 2 hours on a 6 hour job if you are using a bigger pump i think you would need a truckmount if you want to save a lot of time to me bigger pumps means you flush the carpets better and faster passes with the wand hope this helps Darren.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 01:36:17 pm »
Truckmount means 6 hour job become a 2 hour job, hole in wallet because of investment costs, soon repaired. Wetter carpet because of higher psi pump becomes, even higher psi pump, but carpets almost dry on completion. Result more money in wallet and much happier customers.
Dave.
ps. User of top end portables for 23 years prior to TM.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

clinton

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 02:43:34 pm »
Dave

Where do you think the limits will be on a portie ie vacs power etc,up to a few years back there was not much of a 3 vac set up.

Konow there much more powerfull than a few years ago ???

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 02:46:51 pm »
Wonder if we will ever get to a point where the general public only consider a TM clean and if you want to compete you would HAVE to have one or go out of business?

Dave is spot on and it's a natural progression when the time is right ie more work than time and wanting tp grow a business.

dave123

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 03:59:09 pm »
Clinton ,
Yes it is the built in heater ,and if work picks up i might even go for the add on vac giving me 3 vacs in all .As far as TM,s go  I  have found recently talking to other cc's at Ashby's a lot of them are going over to porties.Was talking to a guy the other day he had a tm for 8 yearsbut he got fed up of having to take it down to Cornwall everytime it needed repairing so got himself a 400psi and says that they are just as good as the tm he had.Don't ask me what one he had can't remember .but here in London you have the trouble with noise and parking .With the psi and 3 vacs you can run a 400 foot hose and not lose any power .

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 05:25:51 pm »
.With the psi and 3 vacs you can run a 400 foot hose and not lose any power .

Thats a BIG statement.

What porty is that with and have you actually done it?

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 05:35:14 pm »
I call it Ashbyballs  ;D

Would be great if it was true. But why would you want to run a portable that far anyway?

davep

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 06:00:27 pm »
Bit off topic but 6 hours?  I did 4 bedrooms, landing, stairs 2 x lounge today in 2 hours.  That included pre vac, prespray, agitate and rinse with the Prowler.

The house was empty though  :P

clinton

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 06:32:38 pm »
Dave

Did like the idea of the water heater and the built in steamate :)

You caint run both the heaters at the same time can you ???

What price are the dave or around.

The booster vac will be usefull too.

I did enquire about one and that was including 2"vac hose and fully insulated solution hose :)

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 06:51:08 pm »
Dave do you still pre vac on every job now you have the Prowler?