derek west

agitator and dry cleaning
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:05 am »
i'm after an agitator  and thought of the duo, then the enviro dri but have since seen this.
h ttp://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Categ...

can any one comment on it.
i was thinking of using it for vaccing agitating and the occasional dry cleaning for hard to reach places and also the old belgium wiltons. some good advice needed here as this is the dearest option, but money aside, is it the best option?
this does what the duo does and the envirodri but also vacs aswell.
derek

from edge2edge

Re: agitator and dry cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:28:03 am »
Morning Derek I cant comment on this kit but have picked up 2 host freestyle machines for 1200 each over the last two years and both are excellent(they now retail at over 3k).They present a really good image to the client so its worth considering.Regards Alan (swindon)www.drycleancarpets.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »
cheers edge, looked into host but there a bit expensive, 3k plus and void warrenty for pre sparay agitation. looking like flexi or envirodri.
unless anyone else has got anyother alternatives.
derek

kinder clean

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 07:13:53 pm »
Hi Derek

The Sebo Duo does actually come with 4 sachets of dry compound cleaner, it is sold as a dry compound cleaner so can actually give you the low moisture option if its ever required, used in conjunction with a decent vac (sebo bs36 for instance, its a much cheaper option and I'm sure you would be more than happy with the results.

Paul Kinder Clean

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »
I have not used a Sebo Duo but others that have say its a bit too light duty to do serious agitation.
Light duty - hence its light price ie £190, as opposed to £900 fo rthe Envirodri which is definately heavier duty ( and the Host ).

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:07:48 pm »
Stop!!    I have just started using the new Procaps machine from Prochem, we have a slim little solution tank with a pump for solution application, lighter than our envirodry with better agitation, it looks good too.

Regards

S

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:23:07 pm »
Spencer .......what sort of money do Prochem want for Procaps machine  ???

spencer davies

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 07:31:31 pm »
Hello Chris,

Managed to get it for just under £1200 plus vat.

S

JS2

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 04:02:41 pm »
Spencer

Do you think this machine also be used for effectively working in the dry granules, thus giving it a dual use (including a spray tank) ?

Regards

Pete (JS2)

spencer davies

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 08:40:11 pm »
Excellent for dry cleaning, I tried it today, superb, this is the next generation of agitator.

S

derek west

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:47 pm »
too many options, my brain aches :-\

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:02 pm »
Look at was there is in the cold light of day, put the options on the table

1. Sebo duo- light weight but too much wear out quickly but only £200ish
2. Envirodry- heavier tried and tested but heavier also covers more ground quicker
3.Flexi5/CRB as above but with a dry vac costly but that's because it has a vac added but only can be used on dry carpet-the vac that is
4.Encap machine from Prochem-again more costly but has a spray included but no vac, not really road tested

As far as I know brand new they are plus vat

1. £180
2.£900
3.£1295
4.£1200 (based on Spencer and a heavy discount list is £1600)

Shaun

spencer davies

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 09:51:11 pm »
Don't forget the looks  ;)   the machine that is.

S

derek west

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »
all i need now is a flexi 5 with a spray attachment or a procap with a vaccuum.
ya think they'd of sorted that.
cheers shaun
flexi 5 it is i think. or maybe the procap, or the flexi or the, i'll sleep on it
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 10:24:06 pm »
Envirody is the best value for money, but the encap is the best because of the spray, although I don't know if it cleans any better the spray attachmnet it the good thing, the Flexi5 if you are using it for prespray aggitation is useless IMO as the vac can't be used on moist carpets or it knackers it up.

So down to 2 me thinks.

Shaun

dryasabone

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »
Derek,
reading your posts I think you are ready to join the ranks of dry carpet cleaners and come into the 21st century !!
Whilst I do not want to be disparaging to wet carpet cleaners and the undoubtedly hardworkers out there,I personally am in business to :
1.EARN MONEY
2.AS EASILY AS POSSIBLE
3.NOT BE WORRIED WHAT MY COMPETITORS THINK
I do not earn lots but I play a lot of golf and work smart not hard ,try it you will like it.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 10:27:09 pm »
For those that are interested Dave Parry is selling a sebo duo, £100

derek west

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 10:40:10 pm »
disagree, i am in business to
1 earn money
2 work hard for that money
3 and to come home knowing ive done the best possible job i can giving my customer value for there money.

but i do agree that i could do with a dry cleaning machine for the odd job here and there, could do with one for wednesday as thats my first belgium wilton day, and i'm tackling it with the trucky, wish me luck.
oh and i'll stick to lifting weights instead of golf, i see golf as a lazy mans way to pretend he's doing sport. and your 1,2,3 only strengthens that.
ps
dry carpet cleaning is just shake and vac with bells on it. not really 21st century is it.
but another weapon in my armoury won't go amiss.
deffo flexi,
or procap or enviro,
derek

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 10:44:23 pm »
Dryasabone
no offence but you missed off two other headings.....
4. your customers needs.
5. A deep down clean.
I know WE`RE in business, but your comments read to me that your customers
can get f##ked as long as youre alright.
But without customers YOU are f##ked.
IMO

dryasabone

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »
Derek,
If your sentiments are true why do you not become a samaritan or offer your services for free and then you will truly offer your customer satisfaction and feel even better about yourself.
Although I should point out that your bank manager will not accept this as a business plan,

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 10:51:12 pm »
I agree with Derek!!!
apart from the golf that is if you aint tried it dont knock it.
Anyway, weight lifting gives you a small Willy.......FACT ;D ;D ;D ;D

Daryl

dryasabone

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 10:59:16 pm »
Cleaning Master,
Lets not be to sanctimonious about service,
of course I service my REPEAT customers with due respect but I also work hard yet sensibly it is not for me to pontificate and be overbearing but if you can not grasp working smart and not hard get help.

derek west

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:41 pm »
daryl
only because the other bits look a lot bigger. ;D

dry as a bone on
let me get my dictionary and i'll be right back
derek

dryasabone

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 11:18:23 pm »
I am sorry I thought I was typing English.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 11:18:47 pm »
Dryasabone has a good business sense but dry carpet cleaning sells well but isn't as profitable as wet cleaning (irrelivant of the which is best arguement) as the compaound is far more expensive.

The product itself is far better than what it used to be (powder) but so are the detergents and nondetergent formulas, neither system leave residues and I'm sure that both leave a good clean carpet (obvilously down to the operator) but the fact is that dry granular cleaning is far more expensive to do.

The cheap bit of carpet cleaning got expensive, the expensive bit (insurance, adverts, petrol etc) still is the same for both and NO dry cleaning doesn't get you more customers only YOU get you more customers.

Shaun

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 11:23:18 pm »
dryasabone
i also work very hard and sensibly, thats why i`v just invested in a TM,
so i can earn more money easier.
You earn your money your way and i`ll earn it mine.
I really coudnt give a monkeys.
IMO i know i give a deeper, better clean surely thats the 21st century!!

Daryl

derek west

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 11:28:18 pm »
dry cleaning is good for everyday soiled carpets.
but filthy grease and dirt.
no chance.
and thats from the horses mouth.
derek

John Kelly

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 11:30:36 pm »
Shaun, the idea of the Flexi 5 is to use it as a pre-vac whilst it also lifts the pile. Then switch the vac off and use it to agitate pre-sprays. As its waterproof this doesn't invalidate the warranty unlike some others.

dryasabone

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 11:31:50 pm »
Mr Ashmore,
How wrong you are !
I purchased a Host machine 2 years ago it is a viable business even from the boot of a family saloon, I would hasten to add that I work from a van that is fully sign written.
My overheads are the traffic booster @£25 ltr and sponges /compuond.
If I do not earn £40 ph I am not trying ,
There is no other overhead .
This is the best cash cow ever.
Best of all my REGULAR clients love it.
" FORGET WET "

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 11:43:18 pm »
Are you saying that you don't have fixed costs?

What about insurance?
Petrol?
Accountant?
etc etc

As for cleaning solutions

How much are teh sponges and how far do they go per sq metre?

4kg tub of Pure clean £18.75, and I have a brand new van.
If I'm not earning £80-100 an hour I'm not trying and that's everyday 6 days a week.

Dry has its place but wet does clean better as I used to be HOST'ed.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 11:46:23 pm »
here here shaun
he's having a giraffe.
talking bow locks

dryasabone

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 11:58:53 pm »
Gentlemen,
I have read these alleged earnings . It do not happen,
Certain days  I can earn £100 ph
Unfortunately out of 365 days probably 20.
I earn £500 pwk because I do not frighten people off with crazy costs that are based on making your money up for the rest of the year.
And in response to tax,insurance,accountant ect. What out of £500pwk it is buttons what sort of lifestyle do carpet cleaners live ?

Jim_77

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:49 am »
Crikey.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 12:13:46 am »
Well......I'm not gong to tell you my personal details but,

I know a guy who sold confectionary from a shop on the corner of Bramall Lane next to the football ground also sandwiches on match day, I cleaned his carpets in his home as he is selling it to move abroad.

www.simonblyth.co.uk/property.asp?ID=6906

All this from selling chews and polos and yorkies.

I'd say he's about 55 years in age, his daughter now runs that shop so she'll be joining him in a few years time.

Rocket science MY ARSE!

Shaun

dryasabone

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 12:15:43 am »
And ?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 12:20:38 am »
You are having a laugh, if you don't think much of yourself then try

www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/selfesteem.htm

Shaun

dryasabone

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 12:28:15 am »
Why do you have do reveal your ignorance not only in life but obviously in business by being so crass

spencer davies

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 07:22:28 am »
Oh dear..... Dryasabone, are you a newbie? I only ask because some of the comments you are making I would expect to come from a fairly inexperienced operator.

S

M.Acorn

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 12:30:58 pm »
Just bought a Sebo duo this morning,£130 brand new,mate works at the company who sold it so got a nice disscount  ;D .Used it on a job this morning,old chaps house,he wore black rubber soled slippers,there were big black marks from sofa to hallway where he shuffled along,carpet looked like new when i was done .Got a tip from custy she was very happy  :D
What goes around comes around

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 09:41:40 pm »
To confuse you all and Derek

ht tp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Truvox-Multiwash-240_W0QQitemZ220274466625QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220274466625&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 06:20:52 am »
Hi Guys

As a Dry carpet cleaner iu thought I would dip my toe in.

I have been dry for almost 5 years, doing mainly EOT and LA's work (about 98%) I am personally very happy with it.

Costs for me are about £60 for 24kg of product (this includes delivery & VAT).

One 12kg refill will earn me about £600 (this includes prespray). Although wet chems are probably cheaper, I have a greater M2 coverage and therefore can get out the door quicker and potentially earn more.

The wet v Dry debate will rage as long as there is CC'ing, I feel that the dry does give a deep down clean and is not just for maintenance, I personally have done some gruesome student carpets.

There is a place for all of us without this putting the other down attitude that always enters the Wet v Dry debate.

I have never put down a wet cleaner, why should I, just because I get the same result a different way.

Regards

Martin 8)

carlton care

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 10:54:52 am »
Well said Martin, the new machine, with vacuum has evolved from Carpet Gard's dry system which has been around for many years. I think it started with a small 1/2 horse rotary, but the new machine was introduced recently and is now marketed under different names.

The concept appears to be a simplified version of the Host, but possibly with additional benefits. I'm sure J K will enlighten us .

Tried the Host about 15 years ago and it was very popular as a hire machine. My main gripe at the time, was the small size and the product cost.

markpowell

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 05:51:34 pm »
Hi Guys

I have been dry for almost 5 years, doing mainly EOT and LA's work (about 98%) I am personally very happy with it.

One 12kg refill will earn me about £600 (this includes prespray). Although wet chems are probably cheaper, I have a greater M2 coverage and therefore can get out the door quicker and potentially earn more.

The wet v Dry debate will rage as long as there is CC'ing, I feel that the dry does give a deep down clean and is not just for maintenance, I personally have done some gruesome student carpets.

There is a place for all of us without this putting the other down attitude that always enters the Wet v Dry debate.

I have never put down a wet cleaner, why should I, just because I get the same result a different way.

Regards

Martin 8)

The truth is Martin, you dont get the same results in a different way. It may look like you do to the naked eye but for how long. I have use dry and wet cleaning in the past and the fact is that dry cleaning will never in a million years give the same deep down clean that HWE will, its as simple as that. ;)
Mark

The Great One

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 07:02:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Regards

Martin 8)

The truth is Martin, you dont get the same results in a different way. It may look like you do to the naked eye but for how long. I have use dry and wet cleaning in the past and the fact is that dry cleaning will never in a million years give the same deep down clean that HWE will, its as simple as that. ;)
Mark

As I said this debate will rage on & on.

Has done long before I was a CC and will long after.

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 08:40:15 pm »
Martin how can you get a greater M2 coverage with your system?

Pre vac same, moving furniture same, pre spray same, then sprinkle saw dust and aggitate isn't as quick as wanding.

To get £600 for £30 is very steep I may spend £2 to £4 for £600.

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2008, 09:19:10 pm »
Hi

My operating width is 40cm, so I cover the M2 quicker.

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2008, 09:22:32 pm »
Mines 35 cm and I don't have to wait for sponges to dry before post vacuuming which is another process to add.

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2008, 09:53:05 pm »
Hi

Great :)

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2008, 11:00:45 pm »
Shaun 1-0 Martin