stuart_clark

releasit DS
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:33:37 am »
 I used Releasit DS encap yesterday for the first time, I cleaned aprox 200 square yards of moderately soiled carpet in a sheltered acomadation,  and only used 500ml of concentrated product
it has a nice pleasent smell and it cut through the dirt very easily, the carpets dried much more quickly than any other product I have ever used and if you think the total cost was about 2pence per square yard plus vat, although this was a free sample so diddn't actually cost me anything, the dilution ratio was 32 to 1,  a big thankyou to Jamie Pearson for sending me some same free samples of Releasit
I have been bonnet cleaning in commercial situations since 1999 but I am quite new to the Encapsulation technology

Stuart

Simon Gerrard

Re: releasit DS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:08:30 am »
Stuart,
I've for some ds2 but haven't tried it yet. What technique / machine did you use. I have a Cimex r48?

Simon

stuart_clark

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:42:28 am »
Simon
I have a chemstractor solonoid feed , used it with a white scotch pad, although I will probably buy some of jamies as the type he sells last much longer I am told, I think the Cymex is on my to buy list in the near future though

p s I did spray a small amount of product first, but with heinsight probably diddn' t realy need it

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 07:56:29 am »

Stewart

"the carpets dried much more quickly than any other product I have ever used "

Do you mean the actual product you used ? or the system? 

I am assuming the system and method m I cant see how an actual product would make a difference  :-\

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:34 am »
I did spray a small amount of product first, but with heinsight probably diddn' t realy need it

Extended dwell time will always help and the product is designed to be used this way.

You can also use the Encap Punch as a pre-spray before the DS if its quite greasy as it has higher surfactancy and uses the same polymers so completely compatible.

David Ware

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »
It would be interesting if you could give the Releasit Range a review of best how and when to use them.
David

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 02:09:46 pm »
David,

If you visit our website (click the banner ad when it appears) it will take you to the pages with the range. On each product page there is a video from Rick the creator explaining about it.

stuart_clark

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »
Geoff

maybe I should of said the carpets dried much quicker when using the ecap zystem, I used my Chemspec Chemstractor with a white scotch  pad,  applied a small amout of pre spay through my electic sprayer but most of the product was fed through the Chemstractors on board tank
pbviously cleaning in this manner you get a lot more agitation as opposed to a bonnet  so maybe I diddnt use as much product as I would of done had I been pr spraying  and using a bonnet

stuart

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 03:12:55 pm »
I think the original chemstractor foams the product also doesnt it?

stuart_clark

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 03:15:59 pm »
I have two specsavers to clean next week in west and south yorkshire, I think I will use the punch as a pre spray as Jamie recomended and DS in the tank and see what the outcome is ! These stores are cleaned every twelve weeks so do not get that dirty to be honest and each store has a good and reliable cleaner that vacumes the carpets on a nightly bassis  with a BS 46

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 03:20:08 pm »
DS2 will probably be enough.  Unless oily.

Maybe using Punch in hotter weather in case of asphalt track in.

If it is on a busy high street with vehicles their may be traffic pollution walked in.

garry22

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 03:49:52 pm »
Jamie, I've had both DS2 and Basic Encap off you in the past for use in a Cimex.

I'm sure I read recently that they had different dilution rates (maybe DS is a clue?). Is that correct?

What would you recommend for an office with quite a few drinks spillages?

stuart_clark

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 03:54:19 pm »
Well we will see how it goes, I like the fact I got a realy good result and diddnt use a load of bonnets! Less laundry costs ! In fact less cost altogether

ive got another sheltered acomodation comming up in a few weeks time just over 4000 sq yds so will probably use DS for that and the fact there isn't any over powering odours  will be a plus with staff and residents there

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 04:37:14 pm »
Jamie, I've had both DS2 and Basic Encap off you in the past for use in a Cimex.

I'm sure I read recently that they had different dilution rates (maybe DS is a clue?). Is that correct?

What would you recommend for an office with quite a few drinks spillages?

DS is 1:32 where Basic is variable depending on requirements.

You could spot treat the drinks pills with Hydrox then run over with DS2

garry22

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 05:07:38 pm »
Thanks Jamie.

stuart_clark

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »
Gary

I like your DF video but  your df plates could do with a de fluff mate ! Lol

mark shannon

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 07:56:34 pm »
Punch a great per spray but sticks in throat so don't mist.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 09:57:32 am »
Looking forward watching Jamie demo these great products at the TACCA day...

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 04:36:47 pm »
TACCA day will be more about the machines and techniques.

Unless you attend the first session.

All the soil had been loosened after the first run so it was just going through the motions.

I will have a wide selection of products with me again this time.

JandS

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 09:48:18 am »
Garry....what you using as chems in your office cleaning video?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

garry22

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 12:16:43 pm »
Jihn, I think the video was 2008? so it would have been Dry Fusion Restore as the carpet pre spray and then Activator on the pads.

Normally these were  dipped in clean solution and then wrung out (only clean ones). On a big stain like that (which is more or less on the surface) I would have probably just sprayed the pad rather than dunked (to keep the moistiure level low).

JandS

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:21 pm »
Going to try the Dynamall tomorrow on a domestic...first time I've tried it on a domestic.
Going to spray it down...agitate with rotary and brush....then bonnet it with the pad dipped and wrung out in Dynamall at 1:10.

dan paton

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:16 am »
John how did the domestic with dynamall go ?

ian harper

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:44 am »
stuart

when you use a product for the first time as one that works like this one you need to return the day after to inspect and see the results. as carpet dry bottom up

Respects

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:51:35 am »
stuart

when you use a product for the first time as one that works like this one you need to return the day after to inspect and see the results. as carpet dry bottom up

Respects

Can you ellaborate on this please as I dont understand exactly what you mean.

If it was extraction cleaning we would normally do as you suggest because of potential wick back if heavily soiled.

Encap products surface clean the carpet and are dry within 20 minutes or so.

ian harper

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:02 am »
How do you define dry?

My experience as a contacts manger taught me things dont always turn out the way your told they will. or user use the products as they are instructed.

Why would you not check back by phone or visit on your customers after a sale?

*Hector*

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 11:09:35 am »
With any due respect Ian.

My experience As an LM and encap cleaner has taught me that the carpets are dry to the touch and can be used as normal in about 20 mins to 1 hour.

I use the products as instructed on the tin.
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Derek_Walker

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »
My interpretation of an encap product is that it helps to prevent wickback. If there is any soiling wicking up from the base of the carpet, it gets encapsulated and then vacuumed away when dry. This is one of the reasons why it is so useful on office spills and stains etc.

JandS

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 06:57:09 pm »
Dan

I priced the job for HWE, empty 5 bed vicarage....to do 1 large bedroom, large lounge and large dining room and a hallway...I reckoned on 3.5 hours from arrive to depart @ £105 total.
Vacced it to death, sprayed down at 1:10, agitated then sprayed both sides of a bonnet with what was left in sprayer and ran over with bonnet.
It came up lovely before the bonnet and to be fair there wasn't much muck on the bonnet after use although when wrung out the liquid was dirty......this was an average soil carpet with one or two stains which disappeared on agitation.
I and the customer where very pleased with the finish and she loved the smell.....it's been toned down since the last lot I used smell wise and no longer makes you cough.
Would I use it again on domestic??...yes definitely....it's miles quicker than porty and, surprisingly, it looks, feels and smells clean....she was that happy I'm doing her 3 piece next week...she doesn't live at the vicarage she's the church warden.
Time taken...almost exactly 2 hours and that was steady away and messing about with things a bit.......don't know whether to bonnet again or just agitate and leave as your supposed to

wayne zabel

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:09:51 pm »
John,what rotary do you have?

Could that job have been done with a Floormac?

Robert Watson

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »
Why not let the customer decide. Say £110 for encap, 2 hours, OK.
or do the job properly  ;) and hot water it for £160, still too cheap but a wee up sell on protector?
I love encap, but for domestics Hmmmm, on occasion maybe.
The Kitchen Door Centre

stuart_clark

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »
J and S
sorry forgive me I dont know your name mate ?  Whose encap product did you use on your vicorage clean ?

dan paton

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 09:06:36 pm »
Going to try the Dynamall tomorrow on a domestic...first time I've tried it on a domestic.
Going to spray it down...agitate with rotary and brush....then bonnet it with the pad dipped and wrung out in Dynamall at 1:10.
Dynamall stuart :)

Cheers john. The reason I asked is because I used releasit hydrox on an empty domestic and it done a sterling job . Never bonneted though . I just sprayed and scrubbed with a challenger  (5 minute dwell).

stuart_clark

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 11:29:59 pm »
Whats a  challenger ?

dan paton

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:40 am »
Hi stuart, it's an op machine kinda similar to the hos orbot except its no tank or sprayer although I've converted mine to wheels down so it can be pushed along like the orbot
http://www.smart-cleaning-solutions.com/challenger3/4

JandS

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:46 am »
Wayne....agitated with Floormac.....bonnet with Victor rotary...used Dynamall.
Can't get to grips with Floormac with a bonnet on.

stuart_clark

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:24 pm »
The challenger
I remember it now, didd'nt solutions used to sell them a few years ago ? , I too had a floormac but could not get on with it so I sold it on,  I like the look of the Orbit mind you the fact thats its on wheels, I have four rotarys inc a Chemspec Chemstractor for which I have been using the encap products through
stuart

dan paton

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »
Yeah it's one of the solutions ones although I bought mine second hand. It's a doddle to use now I can push it along on wheels

JandS

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 07:37:24 pm »
Got a better one to test it on tomorrow.
Guy owns two 4 storey mills next to each other which he has converted to flats, every time someone moves out he calls me in to clean the flat carpets after all repairs and other cleaning is done and they are empty.
There usually pretty grubby and there all the same colour, a creamy colour so going to Dynamall them and I will remember to take the camera, and I will remember to take the after photos as well as the before.

stuart_clark

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »
Are you using the new batch of Dynamall with the lower odour ?

JandS

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 09:49:00 am »
Stuart

The first time I used was with Darran Price and it was his Dynamall and it made us all cough.
I used mine for the first time the other day, albeit purchased 3 months ago, and it was fine no coughing a lot lower odour.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 10:00:08 am »
Releasit DS comes in 2 versions.

Encap 1DS (original) & Encap DS2

The DS2 was formulated to have a "no cough" formula.
This is down to a component of the original formulation that would cause irritation when sprayed.

The Encap 1DS was relaunched as some original users felt the newer product didnt perform as well as the new one.

As most of those users were using Cimex machines or were applying by other means than spraying they had never experienced the cough problem.

We therefore have both products available so if you are a Cimex (or Chemstractor) user you can request the 1DS product.

I personally have ran both and dont notice much of a difference between the two variants.

Other veteran Cimex/Releasit users swear differently hence the introduction now of the 1DS to the UK market also.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 11:01:24 am »
Jamie any chance of a sample of release it hd I want to try it I did go to buy some yesterday but said out of stock cheers Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:09 pm »
Jamie any chance of a sample of release it hd I want to try it I did go to buy some yesterday but said out of stock cheers Phil.

They dont do an HD.

Next shipment arrives on Tuesday.

JandS

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 06:44:29 pm »
Any chance of a small sample of your wares Jamie.....I do quite a lot of empty flats with rather grubby carpets for one particular guy.
I also usually do the landing and lift area on the floor where the flat is and these would be ideal to test the stuff on and compare.
He even lets me pop in and try out new stuff on his landings...free of charge of course...be good to compare with the Dynamall.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:48 pm »

They dont do an HD.

Next shipment arrives on Tuesday.
I meant hd as in hydrox il order in Tuesday cheers Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

stuart_clark

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 08:25:38 pm »
Used DS tonight on a job in west yorkshire  a regular maintenance clean but this time  I used a buff pad on my chemstractor rather than a dozen bonnets, a much better result I must say ! I think encspping is the way to go in future for my regular cleans

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2014, 08:40:22 am »
We are waiting on new stock of sample packs.

We dont have any on the express shipment coming by air freight that arrives on Tuesday (most of this is sold).

We do have them on the sea freight order that will be arriving towards the end of the month.

JandS

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2014, 01:52:46 pm »
It's certainly quicker and it gives the results.....I was very dubious about it till I tried it.
Also cheaper in a sense as no wear and tear on porty and associated equipment.

*Hector*

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014, 03:15:56 pm »
welcome to the dark dry side John  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

stuart_clark

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »
I have just come back from cleaning a shop in north Yorkshire that ive cleaned for the past ten years, every three months and ive always used a bonnet system whether it was DF or another product but tonight I used Releasit Punch through my chemstractor at a dilution of 16 to 1 hot ! and used  a brown buff pad
I have mixed feelings on how the clean went, on one hand it seemed to be cleaning even better than the DS but after I had finished, it looked a bit patchy and brownish in places! I only hope that when it is vacuumed in the next few days it will improve in appearance, The carpet was thoroughly prevacked first with a sebo dart , no prespray was applied, the cleaning was done with 50% overlapping strokes as this system had not been used on this carpet before,

mark shannon

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 10:48:28 pm »
Thought punch was a PRE SPRAY Stuart?

stuart_clark

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 11:37:37 pm »
I have another store tomorow night, will  see how that goes, see if I get a better result !  In fact I have another thirty to do before the end of march so I have plenty to practice with releasit products ! Lol

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:25 pm »
Here is a description of Releasit Punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUMXrXMnc0

The example Stuart has would possibly be better tackled with DS2.

stuart_clark

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2014, 02:46:28 pm »
Ran out of DS2 jamie, hence using the punch, but will use the punch tonite but with a bonnet

stuart_clark

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2014, 02:54:11 pm »
Tonite will be my eighth clean using the Releaseit products, must say up to now ive been realy pleased with all products ive tried