Carpet Dawg

Re: wood stain, need help
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 05:34:23 pm »
Just two weeks ago I had a customer remove the tabs after I left and it created 4 marks, luckly for them it was rust marks and I managed to remove them with Craftex rust remover when I went back. I could of charged as it was thier fault. I always tell them to leave them there for atleast a day to make sure carpet is fully dry.

Tony

AshWhite

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »
Johnny just get some domestos bleach and put it on the carpet, it'll be fine.  I'd suggest the citrus scented one just to give a bit more value to the customer.  You don't want to be there all day obviously so you could accelerate the reaction using barbeque firelighters, about 4 or 5 should do it.  Go on, it'll be fine, no need to get any experience or instruction first........
Are you serious about it? How exactly shall I do it? Won't it damage the carpet?
I'll buy masterblend chemical anyway, The worst I can do is get some experience :)

I suddenly feel less optimistic about the outcome of this one..
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »
I have stopped giving a time scale as to when they can be removed, i just say when it is completely dry, seems the safer option.
Interesting observation that the furniture should be moved because the area under the plastic will take longer to dry, never thought of that.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 08:35:47 am »
We replace the furniture slightly off its marks so the area can dry fully. Most customers seem to leave the tabs in place as they are still there next time.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 10:27:53 am »
that's why chemdry used to print their name & number  on their tabs.

the pads were never moved, until the next time the furniture was pulled out  and then the customer saw the difference in the area under the piece of furniture and realised the carpet needed cleaning..... and there was the tab with the chemdrys number on it!!!!
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

steven Banks

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:37 am »
Clean around the furniture to avoid the hassle. If they wan't furniture moved they best get pen to paper  ;)

Why not state on your receipt, Furniture protection tabs have been provided and installed under furniture feet to avoid colour migration. They may only be fully removed when the area is 100% dry and get the customer to sign the job off ?

Jim_77

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »
So you'd leave 8 dining chairs round a table and clean round all 36 legs of furniture?  Presumably  leaving an inch radius around them to allow for horizontal absorption of water across the carpet? 

Any other great tips, like maybe cleaning stairs whilst riding a unicycle?

You could just provide a proper service :)

Craigp

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 01:50:49 pm »
I'm sure he never ment dining chairs! Let's not insult the mans intelligence. 

They can go in kitchen or whatever along with other small furniture.

Bob Allen

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »
I always tell them to remove the dining chairs, im not pi**ing around putting furniture tabs under each leg
(they do cost money you know and there is a recession on)  ;D
Bob Allen

John Kelly

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:42 am »
Bob, just use cut up M & S carrier bags like somebocy did. Then you are just left with nice Green marks not that horrible brown off the furniture.

steven Banks

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 08:44:16 am »
I'm sure he never ment dining chairs! Let's not insult the mans intelligence.  

They can go in kitchen or whatever along with other small furniture.

Exactly Craig.

Jim i would love to have suggested riding a unicycle whilst cleaning stairs but you have beat me to it sadly. :o

Johnny Czarnota

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 10:47:29 am »
All removed, Out of 6 stains only one came up yellowy, but it was good enough for customer, I added free whole house carpet cleaning as a redemption and I have to say that magic masterbelnd really does the magic - good stuff

Nigel_W

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 10:58:27 am »
Well done Johnny. I am really glad you were able to avoid the dreaded jnsurance claim.

Nigel

Johnny Czarnota

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2012, 12:05:01 pm »
probably i will not need this magic anymore, 100% i will not make the same mistake

Simon Gerrard