karygate

Re: Average House
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:22 pm »
WHY DIDN,T HE RINSE ANY OF THE WINDOWS OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING
gary

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:43:08 pm »
No rincing & brute force.  :o

If he cheaned my windows like that slaming his brush around i would rap that pole round his head.  >:(

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:46:45 pm »
I'm sure that what I've just watched is wfp at its lowest!

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S DONE AN EVEN HALF WAY DECENT JOB!!

What he did would take me roughly 25 mins (inc conservatory but not the garage door)....trad.

I reckon he might have the edge on me with the windows above the cons...just!...but as for the rest my result would be far far better.

I'd charge £12 ish....that coconut shouldn't be charging a penny above £5

Highrise

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49:31 pm »
You can see he has put a lot of weight on since not using ladders...  ;D
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

twt

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:51:22 pm »
he may  be a brute but he did rinse

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:55:59 pm »

he did rinse

Yeah at one point I thought I saw him having a p1$$ up one of the windows ;D

C'mon...that was ridiculous. It's guys like that that give wfp a bad press.

twt

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 05:06:55 pm »
do you know how to use a wfp

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 05:15:27 pm »
I prefer to rinse with brush off the glass myself just in case.
I would have done the job in a different sequence myself.  All top windows, then the consv. roof, then consv. sides, then ground floor windows.  This allows a bit more dripping time.  Also, I guess that the consv. roof is done every visit if it was that easy to clean up.

simon knight

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:16:35 pm »
Never used one in my life, but I've read enough on this forum to know that what I watched was a rushed botch job.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »
Never used one in my life, but I've read enough on this forum to know that what I watched was a rushed botch job.

Although I wouldn't do it that way myself, the funny thing is that, provided he was using lots of water, had a clean brush head, the water was 000 or very close, and it was a regular maintenance clean, it may just have come up OK.  I wouldn't want to chance it  though.

simon knight

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:29:02 pm »

Although I wouldn't do it that way myself, the funny thing is that, provided he was using lots of water, had a clean brush head, the water was 000 or very close, and it was a regular maintenance clean, it may just have come up OK.  I wouldn't want to chance it  though.

Dunno Shiner...I'll bow to your experience. But tell me, was that a 12 minute job?...Poleman said it was!

It all looked a bit slap-dash to me.

twt

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 05:29:48 pm »
simon if you've never used a pole before how do you know how to do a good job with one. a house of that size could be done that quickly with a pole IF they were cleaned regularly and weren't too dirty and IF there was no bird muck on them. you will know being trad some days you get there and the windows aren't very dirty so your quick where as other days they can be absolutly filthy and take ages. to clean like that and rinse brush on you need a brush in good condition which is clean and a good flow of water and most importantly know how much water is needed to clean a window. when i first started wfp i always used to rinse brush off the glass but after much practice i have come to realise it does not make any difference if done correctly i was very sceptical at first about brush on rinsing but after checking many windows i know it can be done. also lifting the pole off the glass puts strain on your body not a lot but enough.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 05:31:36 pm »

Dunno Shiner...I'll bow to your experience. But tell me, was that a 12 minute job?...Poleman said it was!

It all looked a bit slap-dash to me.

It could be done in 12 minutes without being so slapdash about it IMO - so long as the consv. roof and garage door are cleaned very regularly.  Not sure I would want to sustain that pace all day long though.

Majestic

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 05:35:58 pm »
I thik it was just to show how fast it can be done , I am sure there are people out there that are that quick.

But how long did it take him to get into his car, at the end of the video it looked like he had locked himself out

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 05:39:54 pm »
simon if you've never used a pole before how do you know how to do a good job with one. a house of that size could be done that quickly with a pole IF they were cleaned regularly and weren't too dirty and IF there was no bird muck on them. you will know being trad some days you get there and the windows aren't very dirty so your quick where as other days they can be absolutly filthy and take ages. to clean like that and rinse brush on you need a brush in good condition which is clean and a good flow of water and most importantly know how much water is needed to clean a window. when i first started wfp i always used to rinse brush off the glass but after much practice i have come to realise it does not make any difference if done correctly i was very sceptical at first about brush on rinsing but after checking many windows i know it can be done. also lifting the pole off the glass puts strain on your body not a lot but enough.

Phil, I'm not looking for a row...I'm not wfp so can't speak from experience.

You and Shiner say it's ok...so fine it's ok.

Still reckon my result would be better though...sorry ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 05:42:20 pm »
Where did i put my keys?  ;D

Thats pretty rough I would say. I would take nearly twice that to do a decent job.

I reckon he cleaned those window 1 hour previous to filming

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 05:47:09 pm »

I didn't actually say it was OK.  I said that if certain conditions were met, he might get away with it.

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 05:53:17 pm »

I didn't actually say it was OK.  I said that if certain conditions were met, he might get away with it.

Fair enough. Anyway guys that's enough drivel from me for the week.

Have a goodun....and please God next week might be DRY 8)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 05:57:43 pm »
I'm sure that what I've just watched is wfp at its lowest!

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S DONE AN EVEN HALF WAY DECENT JOB!!

What he did would take me roughly 25 mins (inc conservatory but not the garage door)....trad.

I reckon he might have the edge on me with the windows above the cons...just!...but as for the rest my result would be far far better.

I'd charge £12 ish....that coconut shouldn't be charging a penny above £5

youd only charge 12 pounds?

i dont think id be doing the equivalent for less that £35, con roof and stuff, bleh

Paul Coleman

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 06:04:22 pm »
I thik it was just to show how fast it can be done , I am sure there are people out there that are that quick.

But how long did it take him to get into his car, at the end of the video it looked like he had locked himself out

I notice he didn't collect any money or put a bill through.  Causes me to think it was a put up job.

cybersye

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 06:19:22 pm »
ha ha! ofcourse it was ;D
I'm sure it was just to show how quick it can be done, looks like some blatant advertising too.
The "average house" hey? Notice the gate was open, no rubbish in the alley or cars on drive, no potted plants or ornaments to get snagged on, or washing line! or bird mess on the glass etc. and did anyone else notice the young lad just out the frame who appears to be holding the hose reel so it does'nt roll away as he marches off with the hose and pole? ;D ;D

williamx

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 06:25:17 pm »
I think he is trying to show how a house can be cleaned using a wfp and how simple and easy it is to use.

I would not have cleaned that way, I would have cleaned all the top windows at the back first then cleaned the consevatory windows next then the conservatory roof, then the bottom windows.  

The reason for this is when you clean the conservatory roof it has more dirt debris and this can contaminate the brush head which makes cleaning the other windows harder.

Also for the same reason I would clean the garage door last.

If this was a first clean then I think that the results would be bad, but if it was a regular clean, then the windows could be perfect, as after you have removed all of the intial dirt from the frames and glass then the folowing cleans are more of a maintance program and you can be faster.

I would not work at that speed but I would not be far behind, say around 15 minutes.  On a first clean it could be upto 1 hour, depends on the state they are in.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 07:25:50 pm »
Ok - how many times did his brush hit the tiles, or the join between the soffit undersides and the top of the window frame (where the spiders nests are in real life.) ?

What about the side of the conservatory roof he can't get to?

How about when he wipes the cills and little bits of grit leech out so you do it again.

No rinsing off.

Bits of window edge missed where they meet the frame occasionally.

Order of work unwise too - as mentioned by others. Upper windows dripping on to lower ones.

Slap-dash.

On a proper maintenance clean I reckon that house would take me 15 mins, but I wouldn't do the con roof (well the two-thirds he did) or the garage door in that.
It's a game of three halves!

sair

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 08:16:19 pm »
of coarse it was a set up to demonstrate how quick wfp is, iam sure its ruben! but havnt seen him in 8 years so could tell, time ages us all.
but at least he was sweating had to wipe his brow walking towards the cab.

he did rinse, just in a different manner to most.

and if it was a regular job would have been fine! thats for sure and without a dought.

it would be cleaner than trad as it was a hot day but he did have a very high flow, lets face it we all know how hard trad is especially in the sunny days, hats of to those who still stick to it .

my only criticism was why to clean the  con roof before doing the up on the left as would have made sense to clean them whilst pole in the air,

i think 12 mins to 15 is a fair time if you do 3 an hour  even dropping in bills, i never collect even if there in just leae a pre done invoice ,its not a bad wagerfealy is it , still doing 10 - 12 houses a day is still good days work

i am sure some would say i am wrong, but i think the key to houses is one pole and i am still awiating the perfect pole for houses to sell and use

perfect pole would be 5x4 foot section weighing 1 kg as iam little soft and want it even easier since using wfp even if its not east enough
Essentially Pure Ltd

EasyClean

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 08:51:54 pm »
Anyone can clean windows that quick if it's a regular wash with no birds mess, etc. Obviously he had his waterflow turned up very high. He was a bit 'careless and brute force attitude' around the window frames to prove his point how quick WFP can be. The rinsing was more than sufficient although he didn't wash the upstairs sills properly. He cleaned the windows, conservatory and garage door in the wrong order. Should have done all tops, front door (so it's drip dry when asking for the money), conservatory, garage door then bottom windows. I clean windows in the right order, with a flow controller fitted to the top of my base pole section so that I don't waste water and am a bit more careful in avoiding hitting the soffits, walls, etc by going a little slower and more cautiously avoiding plant pots, washing lines, etc, probably 15 minutes for that job. Also, I would leave a safety bollard warning of trailing hoses on the public pavement for 'Joe Public' which I never saw him do. I must be getting fast because today I cleaned 8 windows compared to a newish chap I've never seen before across the road from me who cleaned 1 window with his WFP in the same time. 1st time I've ever been able to compare my speed to someone else. ;D Reminded me of how slow I use to be, not anymore thanks to the help I've received from this forum :)
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Clear Vision

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 09:07:33 pm »
Dont care what anyone says! I like it now :-[

We all know its a rushed job and the quality is probably not up to a good standard.

I know before I started wfp I wondered what it was. That will really give newbies a ROUGH idea what wfp work is all about.

It the only FULL wfp video of a house clean I have seen.

Fair play!

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 09:33:52 pm »
A staged job for BWCA/Ionics
Far too quick and all in the wrong order. Zero effort to sills and not allowing top windows to stop dripping onto the lower ones will result in dust being picked up from the bricks on the way down, net result, spotted lower window panes.

And this lot train new window cleaners. What a joke.

LWC

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 09:38:21 pm »
i do just think its out there to show the speed it can be done in. i have done houses like this and never had any complaints...well to be fair i do lift off to rinse but as said, with experience lifting off isnt always essential

a well looked after house will make wfp this easy to use

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 09:45:55 pm »
of coarse it was a set up to demonstrate how quick wfp is, iam sure its ruben! but havnt seen him in 8 years so could tell, time ages us all.
but at least he was sweating had to wipe his brow walking towards the cab.

he did rinse, just in a different manner to most.

and if it was a regular job would have been fine! thats for sure and without a dought.

it would be cleaner than trad as it was a hot day but he did have a very high flow, lets face it we all know how hard trad is especially in the sunny days, hats of to those who still stick to it .

my only criticism was why to clean the  con roof before doing the up on the left as would have made sense to clean them whilst pole in the air,

i think 12 mins to 15 is a fair time if you do 3 an hour  even dropping in bills, i never collect even if there in just leae a pre done invoice ,its not a bad wagerfealy is it , still doing 10 - 12 houses a day is still good days work

i am sure some would say i am wrong, but i think the key to houses is one pole and i am still awiating the perfect pole for houses to sell and use

perfect pole would be 5x4 foot section weighing 1 kg as iam little soft and want it even easier since using wfp even if its not east enough

I wondered if it was Reuben as well Tony.  Similar build and the sort of clothes he wears.  Picture quality was a bit poor to be certain though.

NWH

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 10:02:05 pm »
That didn`t look like reuben to me.

LOVEme

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 11:11:42 pm »
Thats the 1st time I have seen someone use a Pole wash, man thats quick, have to get myself one  :)

Tom

EasyClean

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 11:37:05 pm »
Thats the 1st time I have seen someone use a Pole wash, man thats quick, have to get myself one  :)

Tom

That video is just a teaser of how fast WFP can be if you're working really fast. It would be hard to work constantly all day at that pace unless you're young and very experienced at recognising the pitfalls to watch out for.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2007, 01:25:42 am »

I don't think you're wrong tony. I use a 12ft extender exclusively when i can get away with it and it has made me significantly quicker.
When you find the perfect pole let us know.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2007, 09:07:21 am »
Why is it suggested to lift your brush off to rinse?

Matt

Helen

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2007, 12:13:36 pm »
Why is it suggested to lift your brush off to rinse?

As an example. If you wash your car with a sponge do you rinse off the dirty water by either hose pipe or throw a clean bucket of water over it. If the answer is yes then that is why you don't get dirt left on the paintwork.
As for window cleaning the brush is dislodging the dirt, some will stay on the glass and some will transfer onto the brush bristles, hence why you only want clean water rinsing the glass.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2007, 12:40:35 pm »
Ta muchly  :D

TennetClean

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2007, 01:29:20 pm »
That might be the case when washing your car but not when using a WFp.

You totally do not need to take the brush off the glass to rinse, I know that because I learned the hard way.

I always used to lift the brush off the glass and allow a good flow of water to rinse it all down, until I discovered it was unneccessary.

So theres my tip of the day, if you are one of those guys who rinses by lifting the brush off the glass, then forget it.  You dont need to.

I just allow the water flowing through the brush to rinse, and it works perfectly.  If you use a pole over 30 feet it is very difficult to lift off anyway.

The way its done on that video is just fine if you ask me.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

JohnL

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2007, 02:35:19 pm »
A staged job for BWCA/Ionics

but doing a job like that , in such a slap dash way is why WFP gets a bad name! and possibly why some say they can do a job in 10 minutes where it would take me - doing a decent job around 25 - 30 mins.

So after washing the back door he goes over the window again with the cXXp off the bottom of the door. Then he cleans the side window, wipes the sill and then goes over the window again with the mess off the sill! Dirt and rubbish off the bottom of the garage door goes straight onto the next window.

Very sloppy and unrepresentative of a decent job.

Put up demonstration jobs like this should stay in a cupboard cus they are not worth looking at.
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

dave0123

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 04:21:42 pm »
Soo..

to someone who is about to invest into the wfp setup... how long would that house take doing a proper job not slap dash... say without the conservatory roof being cleaned..

Thanks Dave
Dave.

EasyClean

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2007, 04:25:48 pm »
It's quicker to rinse over a window with the brush on the glass then it is to rinse with the brush off the glass as you can pull the water down with the brush rather than waiting for it to run down with gravity.

williamx

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2007, 05:08:03 pm »
Soo..

to someone who is about to invest into the wfp setup... how long would that house take doing a proper job not slap dash... say without the conservatory roof being cleaned..

Thanks Dave

Dave

If you are new to wfp cleaning, the time to clean it will take a lot longer than it will do when you are experienced.

Cleaning houses can take various times.

It depends on a lot of factors.  For instance.

On 1st cleans it always takes longer because they are normally more dirtier than when you have cleaned them a few times, this also applies if you are transfering from a trad clean to a wfp clean, but this clean is not a long as a virgin clean.

When you clean a house the first time, you will take longer because of the lay-out of the house, you need to know if there are obsticles in the way, like plant pots, cars in the driveway, back gates locked, the hose is also a creature with a mind of its own, if its wants to gets snag on a brush or tree it will find a way of doing it.  Where to park your car/van, once you get to know a customers house the faster you will become.

You also need to have the right type of hose, if you use the garden type, you will find that its catches on every thing where as the microbore seems to be better and this can increase the your cleaning times.

Now you wanted to know how long this house would take, if it was me who has had 4 years experenced on wfp, on a 1st clean including the conservatory and with the window and frames very dirty, I would expect it to take me 30 to 40 minutes, and when it has been clean a few times I could bring this time down to 15 minutes, providing they are cleaned every 4 week to 6 weeks, any over a 6 weekly clean will take longer, so charge accordingly.

Price wise, for a 1st clean I would charge £30.00 and then £15.00 every 4 weeks, £18.00 every 6 weeks and £30.00 for anything over this.

NWH

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 07:18:02 pm »
That job was completly rushed for the camera,i bet that when he finished and the camera stopped rolling he was bent over and out of breath.That job could be done in 10 -15 mins properly without running,and i wouldn`t do the roof every time included in the price that`s for sure.

TennetClean

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2007, 08:23:36 pm »
williamx is completely right

if this was my customer, I would not do the conservatory roof or the garage door.

It would take me about 15 minutes (going at normal working pace) and I would charge at least £15.

So if you had 4 houses like that close to one another, that would be about £60 an hour for work like that. 

£60 an hour!  Wow I love this job.  Its only when you see something like this it makes you think about what a great hourly rate you get with wfp.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

roo

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2007, 08:36:14 pm »
air brushed window cleaning...i dont mean the quality either ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2007, 06:43:20 am »
Darn!
I missed this one when it first started, and now the video clip is gone so i can't comment!!
How frustrating!!!!! :-\

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

eddie d

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2007, 10:36:35 am »
i thought the vid was good as an advertising tool .

what do you want .dirty clothes ,dirty van ,dirty windows ,fAg hanging out of mouth.

obviously it takes a lot more effort .amd good results come with experience ,but it showed wfp in a good light.

NWH

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2007, 04:50:39 pm »
As clear vision said those window`s i`m sure cleaned before filming,but i`ve done houses like that on a regular clean and the results have been spot on,when cleaning like that you need to have more water at the brushhead,cleaning like that with a low flow rate then the result would be different but with a good flow of water shouldn`t be a problem.

davids3511

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2007, 04:56:41 pm »
With a high flow rate how do you prevent it splashing on the sofit and dripping after you have left?

NWH

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2007, 05:03:24 pm »
I wouldn`t go as high as him on the frame only on the first clean when i took my time,he could afford to go up and over all the plastic because he more then likley cleaned them in the morning before filming so it was all clean already,turn the flow up to about 11 on the varistream and put on a mono brush and you can clean like that and get results.Try on your house or family-freinds and see for yourself,try it a month after the previous clean.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2007, 08:00:22 pm »
Darn!
I missed this one when it first started, and now the video clip is gone so i can't comment!!
How frustrating!!!!! :-\

Ian

The original video showed Ionics rushing a house as fast as could just about be managed, but clumsily, whereas this new one shows them going much slower and being much more careful.
I miss the old one, because I wanted to compare if I am now faster than him. Has anybody got a saved copy of the old one they could post on this forum for all to compare??

NWH

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 10:28:14 pm »
Look on youtube.