Dave Willis

Still using the Supreme
« on: April 15, 2015, 01:45:23 pm »
Second week with the soft Hybrid and it's grown on me a bit. Still a bit of a flicker though and a shocker on georgian leaded windows - that bad that it would probably do some damage! It's the splay that rams the tips into the lead strips so I imagine the whole range will be as bad?
Good brush if you like one that slops about the frames and cleans everything.

johnny bravo

Re: Still using the Supreme
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:05:24 pm »
so no good on leaded windows.
can cause lead to loosen you say

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:07:42 pm »
Second week with the soft Hybrid and it's grown on me a bit. Still a bit of a flicker though and a shocker on georgian leaded windows - that bad that it would probably do some damage! It's the splay that rams the tips into the lead strips so I imagine the whole range will be as bad?
Good brush if you like one that slops about the frames and cleans everything.

I have cleaned quite a lot of leaded windows with the Soft-Hybrid during testing and have always found it  worked well - needs a gentle touch though, with minimal pressure.

The Supreme medium versions are not suited for use on lead though in my opinion.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »
i think the soft hybrid and flocked versions of the supremes are ideal for leaded.just dont apply too much pressure if the lead is a bit loose dave.

the soft hybrid is all ive used all week.great brush.lots of sills/frames and glass are filthy due to pollution/sand from the sahara last week at the moment.they make light work of bird strikes too IMO.
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:09:02 pm »
first day using my flocked and soft hybrid and had no issues on leaded, still have to work on an angle to scrub them right without bouncing off each lead strip, i absolutely love the soft hybrid though, the way it spreads is really nice and skirts over the frame and glass beautifully!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 05:48:05 pm »
I tried it on lead and gave up after 2 minutes it jumped like a cat on hot coals lol,very very few brushes out there that work well on leads.  The original full trim gardener mono brush worked perfectly on leads but was to heavy that was the only issue.

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 05:50:51 pm »
Would the soft hybrid be any good on first cleans ?

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 08:03:10 pm »
Dave your to heavy handed I've had no issues with leaded windows using Soft Hybrid at all , Personally for first cleans  i prefer the Medium Hybrid .

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:18 pm »
These brushes really grow on you.
Been using the medium hybrid daily for a couple of weeks now and at first I wasn't sure about it but the bristles seem slightly softer, less bouncy and easier to scrub with now.
Even lead isn't such an issue anymore.
Only negative so far is that my brush seems to shed bristles like it's got alopecia.
Other then that great brush!

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:30 pm »
Maybe the particular house, but honestly it was almost unusable - the brush splays with minimal pressure so the tips won't ride over the lead they just ram into the sides. Could be the lead had a very raised profile maybe but I've never had a problem with it before, even cleaned it with a stiff extreme in the past. Just my experience with it. I'm not heavy handed either - it's on an Extreme pole.

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 08:30:19 pm »

robbo333

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 07:29:27 pm »
My two pence worth – and I have some shoulder and elbow problems (actually getting better now).
Supreme soft hybrid is a good brush and it feels light to use. I would say a general all-round good brush (bit too jumpy for me over leaded). Excellent if you have shoulder or elbow problems and you want something with some guts.
However:
For first cleans and real heavy duty stuff – my medium dual trim sill brush (probably biased but I love this brush).
Everyday maintenance cleans - Extreme medium mixed (very accurate and exceptionally lightweight).
Leaded windows - Extreme soft flocked (glides over leaded windows as smooth a silk, not even a hint of jumping).
Aren't we lucky to have so many brushes at our disposal.
Thank you Alex.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 09:22:27 pm »
I don't know how some other people clean leads WFP but that brush soft firm or stiff does not work well on any type of lead,I've spoken to a few who have them and we are all of the same view,it's not an opinion a brush either works well or it dosent. If it jumps all over the shop why should you have to be careful in order for it to clean well,it can't have been made with lead light cleaning in mind  IMO   

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 09:30:29 pm »
I don't know how some other people clean leads WFP but that brush soft firm or stiff does not work well on any type of lead,I've spoken to a few who have them and we are all of the same view,it's not an opinion a brush either works well or it dosent. If it jumps all over the shop why should you have to be careful in order for it to clean well,it can't have been made with lead light cleaning in mind  IMO

i dont know why you seem so worked up about cleaning leaded windows WFP?I never have a problem.just dont apply too much pressure when scrubbing if its loose.they always come up fine no matter what brush i use.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »
I've just taken delivery of a stiff supreme, in came with my new xtreme pole, after nearly 4 years I'd worn the old one out.

I use the xtreme brushes for ever day stuff and then the supalite for 3 monthly commercials that are really dirty.  I think the supreme could replace the supalite for the dirty stuff and be lighter as well.  Looking forward to having a play with it on Monday.

Have to say I like the way the xtreme pole has improved over the years.  I like the stainless steel bands, a brilliant idea.

Simon.

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 04:32:21 pm »
Used my Supreme on diamond leaded windows today - no problem. Getting used to it now.

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 06:42:01 pm »
after 3-4 days now i think im actually faster using the supreme than an extreme, it gives you more confidence getting right in the corners with the soft hybrid and it pulls the spiders eggs out a treat, not lost many bristles too like the extremes.
i'd love the lightness of the extreme but the supreme is a fine balance of trading weight and bristles, had a fewfirst cleans this week and no complaints at all not that i get any anyway!!
will be my regular brush from now on.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:51 pm »
Had 3 and sent them back.to heavy and hopeless on leads and Georgians  IMO I can't see what advantage it has over other brushes of the same weight at all. Just my view I don't like big splaying brushes I can't see the need for it

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 02:19:41 pm »
Had 3 and sent them back.to heavy and hopeless on leads and Georgians  IMO I can't see what advantage it has over other brushes of the same weight at all. Just my view I don't like big splaying brushes I can't see the need for it

each to their own.i find the bigger splay better for cleaning the frames/sills etc