This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kempy

Re: Still using the Supreme
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 10:54:44 pm »
Been impressed with my medium white supreame .

s.w.c

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 04:24:09 pm »
Unfortunately ive been very  ill and not working much, but as for supreme brushes ive used a bit, my findings so far are heavy flocked with four jets is good on conservatory roofs an solar panels,  my mrs has stiffer white ones she seems to favor the medium soft so far, myself im liking the hybrid supreme,   ive used it on really bad first clean it dealt with it easily,  general regular cleans, ive not used it on leaded yet, the soft version ive been using on shop fronts it seems perfect for them,
Ok I had a hand in its format from some model brushes I nocked up for alex way back, now brushes can be a very personal thing, some like dual trim some like single trim, then soft or medium or hard etc,
but over the years ive tried to build the perfect brush that will do everthing, but im not sure it exists.  But I will say there's a place for the supreme range, its down to finding what works best for you,
now for me I see supreme range for conservatories, solar panels an shop fronts an mucky first cleans, then its extreme for the rest soft single trim for old delicate windows on old manor houses an old thatched cottages,  then black an white dual trim for generally the rest, except I use a cut modified soft sill brush on fascia an gutter cleans,
so carrying a few different ranges of brushes in your van for different set ups is a good thing correct, !!!
The better your equipped you are the more efficient you work,

its a personal choice in brushes, take me I still stand by my love of single trim even after all my years, I did send alex a original idea of my dual trim design that still stands to use in extreme range, I still use the design for 80% of my work in black and white extreme,  but if we only ever cleaned glass single trim is correct, but we have frames etc to deal with,

well thats my two pence worth, some may agree totally some will disagree,  its dont make me right or wrong its just how it works for me, I beleave in being equipped to the best I can be,

Its like some pest control I do there's not one gun that will cover all job's,  I need several from high powered FAC rated air guns to rimfire and back to basic springer for fun an close range work,

basically its be correctly equipped to do what job you need,

Spruce

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 08:41:15 am »
I have used the Supreme soft hybrid for this last week and love it.

For some reason I'm working quicker than with the sill brush. I don't actually know why. The results are exactly the same. But I do have a habit of over cleaning so maybe a totally different brush is a placebo.

I dumped the 90 degree Quickloc and put the angle brush holder back on. I have found it makes the slightly narrower brush head more stable on the glass.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ChumBucket

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 04:10:01 pm »
I have used the Supreme soft hybrid for this last week and love it.

For some reason I'm working quicker than with the sill brush. I don't actually know why. The results are exactly the same. But I do have a habit of over cleaning so maybe a totally different brush is a placebo.

I dumped the 90 degree Quickloc and put the angle brush holder back on. I have found it makes the slightly narrower brush head more stable on the glass.

I find 45 degree  brush angles better all round. More stable & a better view of the brush.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 07:51:31 pm »
I've used dozens of brushes all manufacturers and still say dual trim lots of splay is not needed,the ionic bristles I find are the best quality but they are heavy. Everyone keeps saying  this brush is better but what's it better on it does nothing different to the standard brush they do,I've used it on leads and it was awful IMO along with Georgians it bumped and flicked like mad. All down to the angle and shape of the brush when I first saw it I thought of vikan oval and sill brush,each to there own but I won't be using them.

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 07:55:54 pm »
Second week with the soft Hybrid and it's grown on me a bit. Still a bit of a flicker though and a shocker on georgian leaded windows - that bad that it would probably do some damage! It's the splay that rams the tips into the lead strips so I imagine the whole range will be as bad?
Good brush if you like one that slops about the frames and cleans everything.

I have cleaned quite a lot of leaded windows with the Soft-Hybrid during testing and have always found it  worked well - needs a gentle touch though, with minimal pressure.

The Supreme medium versions are not suited for use on lead though in my opinion.

I used the soft hybrid on old style leaded glass today and it jumped about a lot to be fair. Would it be the natural bristles digging in?
We look at them, they look through them.

s.w.c

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »
I finally used supreme on 100 year old leaded windows today, I found it not to my liking an switched. Back to a old single trim extreme in soft, now thats the best brush for leaded, but supreme still has its uses.

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 09:08:52 pm »
Second week with the soft Hybrid and it's grown on me a bit. Still a bit of a flicker though and a shocker on georgian leaded windows - that bad that it would probably do some damage! It's the splay that rams the tips into the lead strips so I imagine the whole range will be as bad?
Good brush if you like one that slops about the frames and cleans everything.

I have cleaned quite a lot of leaded windows with the Soft-Hybrid during testing and have always found it  worked well - needs a gentle touch though, with minimal pressure.

The Supreme medium versions are not suited for use on lead though in my opinion.

I used the soft hybrid on old style leaded glass today and it jumped about a lot to be fair. Would it be the natural bristles digging in?

No, it's the splay digging the outer bristles into the lead.  Works ok on diamond pattern lead but jams on some square georgian style ones. Because it's a soft brush the bristles are nearly flat with very little pressure.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 09:17:32 pm »
To be fair, apart from the leaded issue, it has grown on me gradually. I've not taken it off yet. I have ordered a medium mixed too.
I used to like the soft black Extremes a couple of years back as they tended to mop the glass rather than scrub it. Can't remember why I stopped using them now, probably to try the Extreme hybrids at the time.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »
You can't compare fAg paper lead to your run of the mill lead,all  saying is what does it do that all the others don't do IMO nothing at all. It does make everyone go straight out and buy a load though lol,but like changing the dials on the dash of my van and saying it's better or improved. Any brush out there will work on new very thin lead lights we all know that

s.w.c

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 01:52:30 pm »
Back to supreme today on normal windows at standard height the hybrid version, just magic on normal windows, As MC HAMMER said  ( you just cant touch this )

NWH

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »
Like i said on normal windows any brush will do as long as it's light if there just plate glass windows,the best way to test a brush is on leads.

s.w.c

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 08:53:17 pm »
But leads aint a huge percentage in the average round or in light commercial,  my single trim for leads is magic but best suited to leads, but dont clean others as well compared to other brushes, unless you have a round full of leads,

chris turner

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 11:20:03 am »
Soft hybrid is just a fantastic brush.
It's already my favourite ever brush and I've only used it for 4 hours !!!!
The splay and the way it glides over the glass so effortlessly is just magnifico.
Haven't had a chance to use it on lead yet but no matter the outcome this brush will be staying on my pole.

My love affair with tecbuk brushes has officially ended :D

NWH

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 04:51:24 pm »
Ain't tried it on leads then lol,I do a lot of old houses which some are leaded. It's ok if your doing a small house with a few leads but when your on a house for 2-3 hours a jumping brush is no fun

s.w.c

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
Nwh I will sort some pics out tomorrow of what I use on leaded, might even have a old mocked up I will search weekend,

NWH

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 03:17:45 pm »
Wait till you get on proper leads with it,it will be coming off your pole after a couple of windows lol. It's not much different on Georgians I'd re name it hair flick lol

chris turner

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 05:27:12 pm »
Wait till you get on proper leads with it,it will be coming off your pole after a couple of windows lol. It's not much different on Georgians I'd re name it hair flick lol

Cleaned leaded windows yesterday and today with it and it hardly bounced at all, certainly a lot less then the medium hybrid.
The soft hybrid is quite simply the best brush I have ever used...

NWH

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 06:26:33 pm »
If your cleaning PVC leads it doesn't count at all like I said the other day any soft brush will clean that type of lead,old style diamond or square lead it's hopeless to say the least IMO