Sir Squeaky

Re: w.f.p on domestic
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 08:35:01 pm »
Roger cleans four houses in one of the streets I do.  He misses all the top windows as he can't get access to them.  They're second floor dormers.  He could if he had a pole.
Funny that Tosh. :D

For a start those windows are attics and they don't want them done, and secondly that's exactly the sort of account you couldn't do with wfp!

You have to go through the backs of 5 houses and your hose wouldn't reach, and each house has windows above a roof you couldn't get to without climbing up.

Fair play you keep trying, but that's the worst possible example....

It's one for the ladder. ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 08:45:39 pm »
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pjulk

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 10:12:41 pm »
I use both methods and find you can get equally good results with both methods.

I use whatever tool is best for the given situation.

Most of my work is domestic and i would say i WFP 90% of it.
As i find its easier, faster and the customers don't care how there window are cleaned as long as they are done regularly

Paul

gaza

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 10:16:02 pm »
Oh and by the way Mark, you've come to the wrong place to mention Squeegees. ::)

Most sheep on here jumped on the wfp bandwagon and won't hear a word said against it, even though they know it's faults!

I know you use it yourself, but you see the value of a good domestic job. ;).
Keep pleasing the customers(they'll value you) and don't let the pushy sods talk you into spoiling all that! :P

AND MOST OSTRICHES ARE BLIND CUS THEVE GOT SAND IN THEIR EYES ;D  GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2006, 10:17:13 pm »
Sorry Gaza, don't get that.

Your pole is like an ostrich's neck? ???

gaza

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 10:34:27 pm »
most sheep on here jumped  on wfp
ostriches bury their heads in sand

gaza ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

macc

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 11:16:33 pm »
now now, be nice.  :)

rosskesava

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 11:32:13 pm »
WFP is the best for every job regardless.

Squeegie? In the dustbin of history.

I read one posting a while ago that claimed he'd done a better job on the inside of a conservatory by turning the flow down and putting plenty of towels down.

There you have it. WFP is better everytime, all the time and of course, always produces better results regardless of what some customers say.

Please note: I am agreeing that WFP is always better. It's always quicker too.

Afterall, I live in the real world of window cleaning.

Maybe this part of the forum should be renamed 'Window Cleaning WFP Issues'?

I, for one, would agree whole heartedly with that change.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 11:45:18 pm »
WFP is the best for every job regardless.

Squeegie? In the dustbin of history.

I read one posting a while ago that claimed he'd done a better job on the inside of a conservatory by turning the flow down and putting plenty of towels down.

There you have it. WFP is better everytime, all the time and of course, always produces better results regardless of what some customers say.

Please note: I am agreeing that WFP is always better. It's always quicker too.

Afterall, I live in the real world of window cleaning.

Maybe this part of the forum should be renamed 'Window Cleaning WFP Issues'?

I, for one, would agree whole heartedly with that change.
That's a new stance from you Ross.

You were always saying how it wasn't that great compared to using detergents and it was useless with your salty sea winds... ???

rosskesava

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 12:09:56 am »
Well, WFP is always better everytime always and in every case.

I've burnt our squeegies and mops (after they'd dried out) and gave all our microfibres and scrims to a charity so as they can make duvets out of them for the homeless.

I've also put a sign up at my front gate saying that this area (around my house) is a WFP only area to make my point.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:11 am »
Now I get it.... ;)

Morph

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 09:04:06 am »
I don't even let my wife wash her hair in the shower anymore.  It's too dangerous I've told her.  So I wfp it!  She looks so much better.  But the dandruff???  Man! ;D
Still you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 04:32:29 pm »
Next time I get oily hands from working on the car I'm going to go to Ian or Tosh's place and brush my hands with pure water.

I'm sure the grease will just fall off, no need for fairy or Swarfega. ;D

supernova77

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 04:43:58 pm »
Squeaky,

Do you normally have to use a ladder to climb up to the sink and then use an applicator & squeegie to wash your hands?

The thing is... You have never tried WFP so you haven't got a leg to stand on with your arguments against it.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2006, 05:54:57 pm »
Squeaky,

Do you normally have to use a ladder to climb up to the sink and then use an applicator & squeegie to wash your hands?

The thing is... You have never tried WFP so you haven't got a leg to stand on with your arguments against it.
You've never jumped in front of a train.
Doesn't mean you can't disagree with it.... :-\

Don't need to try it, don't want to try it.

I've seen enough results from various other established top w/c'ers.
Why should I be able to do it any better if they can't do it to my standards? ???

I they want to sacrifice quality that's up to them.
All I was saying is that to remove grime properly you need detergents.

I'm sure you wouldn't trust water alone to wash cutlery in a restaurant you had to eat at.

You'll eat off Fairy though.... 8)

Rog.(who's answered enough questions now)

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and remember they're all valid; including Squeaky's (Roger).

Even if those views are misguided, biased or just plain incorrect.

All I know is, I've a lot of customers who're more than happy with my work.  I'm also earning more and working less.  Safer too.

But statistically speaking:

If a ladder user cleans, say 15 houses per day, and has five ladder cleans per house.  (Conservative numbers I know), that's 75 ladder climbs per day.

Based on a conservative 20 working days per month, that's 1500 per month.

Over 12 months that works out as 18,000 ladder climbs per year.

Over ten years that equals 180,000 climbs.

That's one-hundred-and-eighty-thousand, at least, climbs in a ten year period and it's probably a conservative estimate.

That's a lot of chances to have a fall.

If you've a young family, how would they cope if you ended up paralysed or brain-damaged?

PS.  If any of the calculations are wrong, Wor Little Un did them on the calculator and told me the answer.  Her maths isn't the best.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2006, 06:32:06 pm »
squeeky

Pure water alone is a good cleaner.

It is used in the microprocessor industry as it is the only thing that will get the chips clean enough,just one microscopic spec will ruin it.

It is also used in the printing industry.

The pure water cleans by means of the purified strives to return to an impure state.
Pure water is a very aggresive cleaner.

And yes i would eat off a plate washed by pure water rather than fairy.

Fairy contains silicones and hydrocarbons and other surfacents.

Drink enough fairy and you will die .>>>>> FAct.

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2006, 06:52:24 pm »
I think Roger (Sqeaky) is in his 'comfort zone', using ladders.

I too have a few issues around being in my own comfort zone.  (I'm frightened of canvassing (although I tell myself I'm too lazy to do it) and I've never phoned a company back, when I've quoted and not heard back from them).

But I'm working on 'comming out of my comfort zone'.

I think Roger's happy doing what he's doing, earning enough, and quite happy to do it.

There's nothing wrong with this at all.

Roger has been window cleaning for at least seven years now, and to change over to WFP would cause him some trauma; I think.

But, if he's prepared to work harder for less than your average WFP user; don't knock him.

I've enough competition for the best accounts with other WFP users in this area!

neil100

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2006, 07:28:26 pm »
Tosh,
when considering weather to change to Wfp instead of Traditional I tried to calculate how many times I was likely to go up and down a ladder before I retired.

It was frightening to think how many times I would be up a ladder when I did not need to be. The problem being the older you get the bigger the impact it can have on your body as you do not recover the same as you get older.

I have fallen off ladders several times in 26 yrs. Though I never have been seriously hurt. Before wfp I was doing tops only, my son was doing downstairs trad, I did not let him do the tops because I would never forgive myself if he ever fell and suffered a long term disability as the result of a fall at work.

Accidents can and do happen with horriffc consequences. 20yrs ago a freind of mine suffered a fall while w/cleaning and it was touch and go weather he was going to have his arm amputated. He never w cleaned again after that but thankfully he pulled through with his arm in tact.

I was going up my ladder 200 times a day on average, 5 days a week = 1,000 times a week. 50 weeks a year = 50,000 climbs a year x 18 years to retirement = 900,000. Thats :-
NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND ladder climbs.

I'm Wfp, risk of falling greatly reduced, My son is considering staying with me and developing the Buisness togethor.

You can debate and argue about weather the finnish is better with wfp or Trad. Which is a matter thats open to opinion. You cannot argue that you are a whole lot safer on the ground then being up a ladder. And ultimately thats the over riding reason why I went wfp and why many other w/cleaners will go wfp.

Nel.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2006, 08:28:30 pm »
As a domestic CUSTOMER,  (I dont run a W/C business)  As long as my windows are clean..........does it matter if its cleaned with a clean pair of Y fronts, a squeegee or a pole that shoots water??

I agree I've just down graded all my advertising The punters arn't intrested in how the windows are cleaned as long as they are clean..
Like most trades use the right tool for the job, but whatever tool you use, use it safley...

Its the Window Cleaner that cleans the window not the equipment, (the right equipment helps to make the job easier )
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz