Chinastack

Truckmount Carpet Cleaning Business For Sale
« on: December 24, 2009, 04:27:26 pm »
JUST FOR SALE

Carpet cleaning business complete with Hydramaster Boxxer 421 Truckmount with under 3000 HOURS, has recently had a FULL service down in Redruth costing over £800. Complete with waste and water tank

Business comes complete with above plus

200FT VAC/SOL HOSE  , drimaster and standard tool, 1 wand, hose ramps, £1k high quality metal solid chemical racking, 1 airmover, hose reels, Ionics water softener system, Hydramaster spotter kit, loads of chems over £1000 retail, tool kit stainless sprayer, every last thing you might need.

The Boxxer 421 is Mounted in a 53 plate Transit mwb semi high roof in silver 90k miles 10 months mot & tax.

Deal will also include webite www.bournemouthcarpetcleaner.co.uk and continuation  on the EXCELLENT trade site Checkatrade (see link for current details and rating points)

http://www.checkatrade.com/ChinastackCarpetAndUpholsteryLlp

These 2 sites alone have produced over 65% of the business. That has been doing between £1000.00 - £1500.00 a week. The business also comes complete with the goodwill of the company, a database of existing clients and a full recored of accounts.

ALL THIS FOR ONLY £16,000.00 (Sixteen Thousand)

For any further information contact Mat at info@bournemouthcarpetcleaner.co.uk

jsm

Re: Truckmount Carpet Cleaing Business For Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:39:40 pm »
Im in the market for a truckmount and van - have you got a price for just the van and hydramaster ?

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 10:43:55 am »
With all due respect "me old china" this is not a business you are selling but a business opportunity  Many prospective buyers will respect accurate descriptions of what's on offer. In our industry, a business for sale will include a significant database and, IMO, a lot of commercial contracts. Residential contacts are of lesser value.

I'd also like to suggest that your "business for sale" is restricted to the Bournmouth area so for anyone located more than a few miles from you will, at best, only be looking for the equipment on offer. Again, this is only a business opportunity and again IMO, is overvalued as such.

To maximise your response, may I suggest you look carefully at what you've written, how you've costed it and correct some minor errors (a 421 having 3000 MILES on the clock!) and start a new thread under a different title.

Good luck with your intended sale.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

richie

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 05:55:54 pm »
As Ken has pointed out, this is a business opportunity.  From what i have read it is more the sale of a van & truckmount.  regarding converting hours to miles on a truckmount im sure each hour = approx 70 miles therefore your truckmounts engine has covered approx 210,000 miles not 3,000 miles. Would be nice if you would tell people of any problems that the van & or machine have.  Apparently, there is or was a problem with the water system and also there is oil leaking from somewhere.  Also apparently the van engine is burning oil and the van has a big dent in the rear..  Its always best to be honest when advertising equipment for sale.  The guy that was going to buy from you paid a £2,000 deposit and was going to pay the rest once the sale of some property went through but he has said that the sale of his property fell through hence not paying the balance.  Maybe this is true /untrue???

Richie.

Chinastack

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 08:43:14 pm »
Richie

I believe the facts you have been given are incorrect, The Machine was given a major service in August, (have the invoice to show) I struck a deal with a guy 1 week after this service who unfortunatly kept coming up with false promises of cash, I MOT'd and taxed the van back in October still trying to help this guy out, Yes i was paid a £2k deposit back in Oct to keep this for him and to not sell it else where,I even let him have the van for 3 weeks so he could get used to using it, So if if thought there was a problem with the van or machine i wouldn't have give it to him would I ??, Yes the van does have a dent in the rear but to my knowledge there isn't anything wrong with either the van or machine when I let him have it 3 weeks ago or now that he has bought it back. Yes this deal has fallen through due to him not selling his shop, But this was only last week ! Not in October !!!

This company is STILL generating business with existing commercial letings, Businesss and residential

Chinastack

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 08:47:38 pm »
Hi Ken

Yes this would only interest someone within the Dorset area, I believe this is a business, I am selling everything including our database, Existing business leddings, commercial and domestic customers plus a supurb listing within checkatrade.

Dave Parry

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 12:36:05 am »
I notice you dont give the age of the machine or any photos. My boxxer has done approx 2800 hrs in 5 years so yours is probably about the same age. van 2003. Total value probably 4 to 5 k at best. so your valuing the business at 11k which seems a lot for a list of names.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

richie

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:23 pm »
Chinastack,
I understand what you are saying however, the guy that was going to buy it was on another forum asking for help regarding a couple of problems with the machine and that is where he mentioned about getting his hands covered in oil from the machine, the water problem and the van burning oil.  I guess that if anyone is interested they should just have a good look around your setup and perhaps have it running for a couple of hours to make sure all is ok then they can make their own mind up. 

Richie.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 05:07:40 pm »
Thats why TRYING to sell a cc company isnt worth it all you have is customer names and the HOPE they will use you in the future!!!

All you have is a van machine and data base!!! to be able to sell a company you need regular clients on a contract and theres not many in the Uk that have that on a sellable asset!!!
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

mcurran

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 06:13:11 pm »
you are wasting your time ,that price is way out of order,

andi wilson

Re: Truckmount Carpet Cleaning Business For Sale
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 07:46:05 pm »
Come on and give the guy a break.. If you are not interested keep your thoughts to yourself..

Dave Parry

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 08:11:27 pm »
Cant stand the heat, dont post on a forum !!
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 08:46:10 pm »
£800quid for a full service what the hell did they do for that or was it all labour charge.

Oh what’s the going rate for commercial work! contract signing in the New Year for 3years, in the commercial cleaning world it were 3 X monthly billing.

Matthew ebay it ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 08:17:34 am »
Chinastack,

I'd do exactly that, stick it on ebay, put a lowish starting price it with a sensible reserve.   Put it in the Businesses for Sale and also Cleaning Equipment and Supplies sections.

There are people out there who have recently been made redundant and have money in their pockets to invest in this type of business.

Good luck.

Chinastack

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:16 pm »
Hi Guys

Thanks for some of your constructive ideas ! Not desperate to sell this as this is not my main business,

As i got let down on the recent sell I thought I would list for sale to see what the response would be and what positive/negative feedback I would get back from it, and perhaps any other constructive ideas from the so called experts here !!.

Any pictures can be found on our website www.bournemouthcarpetcleaner.co.uk

Thanks

Matthew

MAX Carpets

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 06:08:21 pm »
I wonder how much we value our business at. I beg to differ, I think if a business has been running for say, 10 years and has a database of say, 3000+ customers, this must have some value. I know of a business with less customers than this, bane clean/old transit sold for £65k, had been running for 20 yrs, mind you he did start at £125,000!

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 11:03:35 am »
Theres some pish gets talked on this forum!!...................Nice website China;)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 09:07:26 pm »
James

If you mean my resposne by that, I still have the Daltons advert for this business. I know it sold because I looked at it myself. The way I look at it is, how much in advertising costs etc would it cost to get 3000 customers, locally that have there carpets cleaned?? It would be nice to add these to the 3000 + customers we already have. I must admit I was suprised he sold it. Incase you wondered I offered 30K, he wasnt interested.

Chinastack

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 01:07:30 pm »
Emclean

Yes i do agree with you on that, We are members of checkatrade for those who don't know in the north this is a website where a customer can find any profession they are after and will see HONEST reports from real customers that have rated each supplier out of ten on 6 different scales of service from timekeeping to quality of work, If you go to the website www.checkatrade.com an type in Chinastack you will see our current rating 126 customers have given feedback with an average
score of 10 out of 10. 100% recommend them, We get jobs everyweek through this because of our good work.

So yes Emclean i can believe your story of what this guy got for his business, We at Chinastack VALUE these sites as they DO give you business if you are good at your job, We must be doing somenthing right if that is how our customers have been scoring us, This with our own site www.bournemouthcarpetcleaner.co.uk , the truckmount and van and our existing customer database of letting companies believe this is good value for £16k to any hardworking Dorset businessman.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 01:38:19 pm »
just out of interest, how many custys on database