Jof

"Softwash in a box" Rig For Sale - Nr Selby North Yorkshire
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:22:03 pm »
For Sale Softwash in a box "Rig"

I'm reluctantly selling my homemade softwash in a box system (with double axle GVW 2000kg trailer).
I built this about a year and a half ago with the intention of adding softwashing to my pressure cleaning business but I'm so busy with the pressure cleaning I just haven't got the time plus I can't find a lock-up/unit locally to store it and I'd like my garage back to put the car in.

I did a lot of research on this system at the time of building it as there was nothing available in the UK for softwashing and many had never heard of it. I based my system on the www.powerwash.com softwash in a box version which I was going
to buy and have it shipped over from the US but it was too expensive so I set about building my own after joining a US forum to find out what the best way to do this would be.

I've built it using hoses and connectors that will withstand sodium hypochlorite for as long as possible as it will eventually rot through most materials I even had to buy some things from the US as they just weren't available in the UK.

I've used this twice to test on my house roof & garage roof. Everything is pretty much brand new or should I say it was all bought brand new (except the trailer) when I bought it and like I said only been used twice.
I can easily reach a two storey roof from standing on the ground and i'd say it probably sprays up to 40ft (I have a three storey house and can reach the bottom of the tiles from the ground and the rest from up a ladder at the gutter line).

I bought the trailer from a chap who is an engineer who built it (it's only been used it to transport logs prior to me buying it) and it is very heavy duty and well made and in excellent condition, it is a double axle, 2000kg braked trailer. The sides & end panel of the trailer can be removed and also there is an option to add a frame to this if you wish to carry any ladders. The tyres are all virtually brand new as is the spare wheel, the jockey wheel could do with replacing as the rubber is perished but they only cost a few pounds I think. When I've used this to test it I used the 450lts tank as the chemical tank and the 250lts tank as the rinse tank.
I've included a video of the trailer (I said on the video it was a 400lts tank but it's actual a 450lts tank) and some photos to show you as much as possible. I'll try and get a video of it spraying but I'm on my own most of the time and can't spray and video at the same time. Obviously this will be demo'd for any potential buyer.

It could really do with a hose reel for the PVC hoses but when I looked into getting a SH resistant one they were about £550 which I wasn't prepared to pay but to be honest a far cheaper one would do the job and could be replaced as and when it wears out.

As I said this is a reluctant sale as I've been pondering this for months and I truly believe softwash clean in the UK can be a massive business opportunity if done right. I may still get into this in the future as I've been ask a lot of times for roof/building clean jobs from customers I also planned to use this for warehouse/industrial cleaning.
All you need is chemicals and water and you are good to go...

The trailer is big enough to fit a pressure washer on it with a bit of moving the tanks around so could also be used  for pressure washing as well.

There is NO warranty implied or offered on this setup & trailer and it is sold as seen. It will be demo'd prior to the buyer completing the sale.

PLEASE email jonathan@yorkshiredrivewaycleaning.co.uk with any questions.
Thanks

Details:
GVW 2000kg Double Axle braked trailer (Dimensions Height 3.5ft, Width 6ft, Length 11ft7)
Softwash in a box Flojet Pentaflex 12V Pump 26.5lts per min flow rate.
2 X 30mts of PVC Hose with polypropylene banjo connectors
450lts Baffled water tank
250lts Baffled water tank
2 x Numax 12v deep cycle marine batteries
Numax 12v Battery charger
Custom made lance with master water nozzle

PRICE: £2,500. (No VAT)

Jof

Re: "Softwash in a box" Rig For Sale - Nr Selby North Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:30:56 pm »
Open to serious AND sensible offers.

Jof

Re: "Softwash in a box" Rig For Sale - Nr Selby North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:16:29 pm »
Still for sale for anyone interested.  May consider selling in parts for the right money but would prefer to sell as a complete package.