UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Minimum charge...

<< < (10/10)

Jonathan Evans:
The best return I get is from my database. I mail them twice a year and send reminders.
Flyers do work but you need a really compelling offer and it tends to be a numbers game.
I think it depends on your pricing regarding Facebook and other social media.
Some people swear by it, I tend to swear at it.
AdWords works but nowadays it is very expensive and if you don't know what you're doing can be a nightmare.

Local mags are still very cost effective.
Hope this helps

JandS:
I did the opposite and took on window cleaning as an extra and now probably do more w/c than c/c.....I find w/c easier than c/c but I do it WFP and actually enjoy being outside  for a change.
Think there is more stress in c/c....with the w/c you can more or less start and finish when you want and no set amount of work needs to be done...my minimum charge varies dependant on travel times but £45 up to 2.5 miles, that would cover a single average lounge.

Robin Ray:
Window cleaning is the ultimate stress free job. It can earn excellent money too. I did it for many years before carpets and for some time along with carpets. The only thing I struggled with was boredom. After the first few thousand windows it got a bit tedious.

edward coller:
Nice Max thats around £7.42 per sq Metre, love the cut of your jib! I always want to put my prices up and yet so often dont, particularly when its a slower time for me, i GUESS  i need to get mote bottle! and probably sell my biz more. Generally I charge £65. for single stain removal and £ 85 for room up to 20sqm, so most spotters turn into a room!

RPCCS:
Window cleaning earns good money if you get the right work. I started too cheap and paid the price. Even now I still think I am too cheap , I am 90% wfp and anout 10% trad. I generally start about 9/9.30 and finish at 4., have a coffee about 10/ 10.3p for 15 mins, then 40 mins at lunchtime, but dont stop in the afternoon.  Another cleaner I know has done almost 40 years in the job. He is all trad and his work is bigger properties, generally starting at £20 and going up to 80/90 . Like me he's getting sick of it now and does bit of painting to diversify a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version