andy east sussex

websites
« on: April 15, 2006, 06:23:39 pm »
do you know any where i can get a web site built cheaply and which specify in building cleaning web sites

Graeme@Access

Re: websites
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 06:32:09 pm »
Hi,

I know a guy who will put together a very nice site for you and offers excellent value for money.  That is more important than price... and he offers support/SEO/updates for about £250

Its worth the investment in a good site as it pays off very quickly.

www.capitalcarpetcare.co.uk is his site
www.transwebdesighn.co.uk is his web design company.

He has built sites for a number of the forum members and i know he is busy building another atm.  If your thinking of investing in a site then give him a call, he carries my personal recommendation.

Hope this helps

Graeme Thurston
Access Cleaning Solutions

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:00:29 pm »
Hi Guys,

As many of you know my sites rank very highly on search engines  , search essex carpet cleaning etc and as with most things in life , this has taken a long time to achieve.

I am now going to design sites and more importantly manage them so that their rankings reach a high level.

This will involve a one off building cost and an ongoing monthly hosting /managing cost.

If anyone is interested email doug@1st4carpetcleaning.com and I will send you details.

One I am currently doing is http://82.110.105.18/1st4cleaning.co.uk/index.html?1145195456859

Cheers

Doug

handyali

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:32:15 pm »
hi. just visiting the carpet bit of the forum on this exciting Sunday night  ;D
just a plug for my husbands business- i like a bit of honesty  ;)
hes a web designer and I.T consultant and you can find him at www.anything-it.biz which is about his websites or www.anything-it.org if you have any I.T questions. my webby is www.crystalplymouth.co.uk but not finished yet  :'(

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:11:10 am »
goto easily.co.uk

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 07:49:49 am »
Nick,

It is relatively easy to produce a site which nobody except you knows where it is.

The clever bit is getting it found by the search engines so customers come to you.

Cheers

Doug

Neil Grainger

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 08:11:47 am »
Doug

you mentioned this before, How do you do it wihout it costing a bomb? An e-mail explaing would be great if you have the time.

Cheers

Neil

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:23:19 am »
I'm no 1 in the yahoo search engine but on google on about page 12 how do i improve my google ranking?

craigp

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 08:45:37 am »
googles annoying, when you do any search all you get is millions of 'near' and 'city search' , 'find carpet cleaners' etc. type rubbish,

and only about 2 real carpet cleaning websites when there must be loads,

and on futher back pages its the same websites repeated >:(

i think its google cant do its job properly and find what you really searching for.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 08:50:33 am »
Hi,

Google has a serious conflic of interest going on as it displays the free hits on the left... and the paid listings on the right.

Its no wonder the free listings are rubbish.
Im sure yahoo will go down the same route.

Doug, you are 1st for Carpet cleaning essex with a page that has a rank of 0.  Our page rank is 4, but we come a long way down the list.

If anyone wants to add links to our site, that will help you come up the listings in google.

Graeme

Liahona

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 09:26:19 am »
Steve, nothing to do with this subject but....... I tried to look at your web site and for some reason it doesnt fit on my computer screen, if that makes sense. I would guess I am missing about an inch or inch and a half of it width ways. Just thought you might want to know in case it happens to other people too. I add at this point I know very little about computers so it might be something I am doing or not doing. Best, Dave.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 09:29:46 am »
Dont be tempted to do what this guy has done to get his site up the listings

http://www.spotlesscleaningservices.com/

If you look at the foot of the page he has a load of hidden text.  This will get you sandboxed (eventually) but does bring you up the rankings.

Doug, i had a look at your site again and i relly do wonder what it is that google likes about your site.  Can u tell me where to send the brown envelope?

Graeme

stevegunn

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 09:40:32 am »
Steve, nothing to do with this subject but....... I tried to look at your web site and for some reason it doesnt fit on my computer screen, if that makes sense. I would guess I am missing about an inch or inch and a half of it width ways. Just thought you might want to know in case it happens to other people too. I add at this point I know very little about computers so it might be something I am doing or not doing. Best, Dave.

It depends on what size monitor you have I have viewed it on 19" tft & 15" standard monitor and yes the bottom where it says rug cleaning is missing on some.

this one is the same

http://www.fresherclean.co.uk/

Liahona

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 10:56:06 am »
So it is the same. Oh well. By the way how come you have the same picture of a sofa on both sites??? Best, Dave.

andy east sussex

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 03:21:01 pm »
do you get many people looking on your web site is it worth it

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:21:56 pm »
On the Spotless site it states Scottish enquiries only.
Whats all that about.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 04:46:35 pm »
Hi Andy,

I get on average one job a week but they are generally good quality and well paid.

Two sites I am currently working on

www.1st4fencing.co.uk
www.1st4cleaning.co.uk

Cheers

Doug

Art

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 04:52:27 pm »
On the Spotless site it states Scottish enquiries only.
Whats all that about.

Come on John, the answer to that one's obvious. He's trying to attract a better class of customer  ;D ;D ;D

Ali_D

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 11:34:05 pm »
Hi Andy

(I'm trespassing from the cleaning forum ;D)

I've just done my website with fasthosts.co.uk.  They help you do it from start to finish, i.e. register your domain name (mine cost £7.99 for two years), build your site (using customizable templates), divert emails to your email (i.e. enquiries@businessname.co.uk gets diverted to your personal email), publish your site and you can update whenever you like - all for £3.99 a month - bargain.

I'm probably putting myself in the line of fire here, but have a look at mine

www.cleener.co.uk

The wording and graphics are cr@p at the moment because I'm not actually up and running yet, just getting everything together.  Still needs work, but two weeks ago I didn't have a clue where to start so I'm quite proud of myself.

Let me know if you need any help - I'm a dab hand now.

Ali

p.s. I forgot to say you get £30 google voucher for ad words - whatever they are, haven't got that far yet. :-\

Graeme@Access

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 07:45:14 am »
Hi Ali,

Your site looks quite good for a newbie to web design.  I have seen a lot worse  ;)

I taught myself how to use dreamweaver using video tutorials from lynda.com and built our site, but with the time spent on it i would probably have been best getting a professional to do it.

Graeme

Ali_D

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 11:50:58 pm »
Hi Graeme

Thanks (sort of  ;))

It only took me about four hours in total (I know - it shows ;D), but I'm on a tight budget and it was the best solution for me.  Had one quote of £500 from the professionals! :o

It's cheap and cheerful but it'll hopefully do the job.  Still moving things around and adding and deleting bits so hopefully by July (when I hope to launch) I'll be happy with it.  When I start making some dough I'll probably get a better one.

By the way, do any carpet cleaners in Cheltenham and surrounding areas want a link to their website on mine (and mine on theirs in return)?  If so, let me know.

Ali

andy east sussex

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 06:40:11 pm »
ali

does that web site you set it up on charge to put ur web site on line?

Ali_D

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 06:46:19 pm »
No, absolutely everything's included.  The only thing you're limited to with the £3.99 package is three pages on your website. 

If you go onto fasthosts and click on website design, they've got a demo on there.  When you've done your site, you just click on 'Publish Website' and its done.  Its really easy. It must be coz I did it  ;D

Ali

Robert Watson

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:51 pm »
What about your alt tags, page title, contents description, robot files, links, HTML,
search engine submissions, CSS. I could go on.
If you don`t know what I`m on about. Your on the wrong track. Sorry  :-\

Yeah, at first its good fun, being creative. But when you get right down to it, theres a
lot to learn and it can be a real pain in the ass making it all work as it should.

Hope this helps. I just feel peoples time spent on marketing could be better spent, unless
you realy want to get in to it, if thats the case,
best of luck
cheers
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Ali_D

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 07:30:15 pm »
Could you repeat that in English please  ;D

I don't know what half those things are, but I managed without knowing and my website's up and running (and I've got a link on it). I'm not really after someone trying to find my site by just typing in cleaner and the area.  I'll be advertising in yellow pages and on yell with a link to my site and it'll be on my flyers, etc - that's all I want.

Whenever I need a service I never use a google search, etc, to find them, I always use Yell.  Not everyone will come up when you do that type of search, but when your on Yell they're all there for you to chose from.

But each to their own  :)

Ali

andy east sussex

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 06:12:10 pm »
just built my web site wana check it out

www.reliablewindowandcarpetcleaning.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 07:00:42 pm »
Andy

Who are nssa carpet cleaning federation ??? ??? ???

we are 99% you may be! I look for 100% but do have bad days so it slips by .009% >:(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

andy east sussex

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 07:04:16 pm »
anyone have any ideas how i upload my web site to the search engines and be on the first page

Mark Roberts

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 07:15:58 pm »
http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

or better still wait until it finds you.

andy east sussex

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 07:17:53 pm »
why is it better for it to find me ?

Mark Roberts

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »
It is rumored ;) that google will think a little less of your site if you submit it yourself. Too google if your site is really good and worth ranking highly then others will have linked to it and allowed it too find it that way.
I tried this on msn search and its same.

andy east sussex

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 07:39:38 pm »
what so just let these other sites find me is that what your saying?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 09:35:23 am »
Hi Guys,

I've been building a few sites recently , check out www.suffolkcarpetcleaning.co.uk.

I'm going to put some better pictures on this week when I take them.

I'm going to offer a cheap design/hosting service for people on here email doug@1st4carpetcleaning.com

Cheers

Andy

You need to get a mate who already has a searched site to add a link to your site.This way the when his site is searched yours will be picked up too.
Doug

andy east sussex

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 05:10:54 pm »
how do i do that

andy east sussex

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 05:13:03 pm »
could you put me on one ?

Neil Grainger

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 07:05:32 pm »
Hi Doug

can you please tell me how I move my web listing up from page 3 to 2 or 1.

I was shocked to even see it on theirwithout me paying per click

Hope you can help.

cheers

Neil

andy east sussex

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »
would anyone like to put their web address on my web site for same in return?

andy east sussex

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 11:37:33 am »
well

Doug Holloway

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 07:12:45 pm »
Hi Andy,

I've already put you on,  see my previous post.

Cheers

Doug

stevegunn

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 08:11:28 pm »
Doug

Could you add me to your site I have done the same for you ;D

Where is the best place to get links from?

Graeme@Access

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:57 pm »
Hi,

If anyone wants a link email me what you want your link to say, and i will add you to our site tonight.

Cheers

Graeme

Ali_D

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 02:57:29 pm »
Andy

If you log into fasthosts and go into configure website you'll see Traffic Driver.  Starts at £24 per year for basic and goes up to £120 per year for super duper listing. They'll submit your site to the search engines, give you monthly reports and one to one advice to optimize your listings.  If you try it, let me know how it goes.

Ali

the red carpet

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 10:53:43 pm »
Andy east sussex, iv just added a link to you from my site.
Steve Gunn, iv done the same for you as i saw you wanted links.

woulod obviously apreciate if you two could do the same for me.

Rabby, iv also added the links you e-mailed me a few weeks ago.

Anyone else want to exchange links?

stevegunn

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 07:09:27 am »
Andy east sussex, iv just added a link to you from my site.
Steve Gunn, iv done the same for you as i saw you wanted links.

woulod obviously apreciate if you two could do the same for me.

Rabby, iv also added the links you e-mailed me a few weeks ago.

Anyone else want to exchange links?

Linked back to your site cheers

steve cardy

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 07:25:43 am »
Hi scott,
I agree with you about people just want to how the basics but i found the way it loaded up onto the page a bit slow and if iwas a cust imight have got bored and gone onto another site.
 cheers steve.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006, 08:10:37 am »
-I would be extremleygratefulif you would exchange links with me.

www.carpetmedic-norfolk.co.uk

Many thanks

Graeme@Access

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2006, 01:43:35 pm »
Hi,

Ian, I will add you to our site tonight if i get a chance (and remember)  :D

Andy, Have you got a links page on your site? I will add you aswell if you want and can return the favour.

Doug, Do you fancy a link exchange aswell?

If anyone else wants a link exchange then I would be happy to add you to our site.

Cheers

Graeme

the red carpet

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2006, 06:58:19 pm »
Ian, link to your site should be done tonight

Scott, if you think 90% of your customers havent the time, why have you designed the site the way you have?

i find it very slow and very long winded, and personally wouldnt wait i would just click on another site.
looks very professional though, i like the way your coverage area comes up, very nice

stevegunn

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2006, 07:38:55 pm »
-I would be extremleygratefulif you would exchange links with me.

www.carpetmedic-norfolk.co.uk

Many thanks

Link added

Liahona

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 11:42:16 pm »
To The Red Carpet and or others. I looked at your site and wondered in a lot of cases although not all, that the same pictures are being used in various web sites. Not only that but also the same format is being used.  Why is this? I am finally getting a site together and of course using pictures but they are all of cleaning that I have done and also I am trying to come up with a more unique design, just to be different. I am sure it doesnt matter too much its just that I am a fussy xxxxxxxx..... However looking at the links you have I was a bit concerned with the same or similar site after site after site. It came across as a franchise which I know it isnt but a customer might not. ..... but then maybe to them it isnt a problem, anyway, best, Dave....... Dont worry I will put mine up here to be critiqued too hoping it will be as different as I plan it to be. Who knows I might shoot myself in the foot the way I have done it but wont know till it is out in la la land....

the red carpet

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2006, 12:52:08 am »
a lot of the sites on my links page were created by the same guy and that is why they look alike and link to each other
the pictures on my site were took from other peoples sites just to use untill i got my own sorted out.

however my site is now my main source of new customers and is doing better than i imagined it would, so its now a case of
"if it aint broke dont fix it" i have my own pictures and ideas for the site, and im sure it could be designed better as i done it myself.
but to be honest im scared to touch it.

Liahona

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2006, 08:17:04 am »
ok, and thanks for the reply. More to the point I am glad it is working for you. I dont advertise as you probably know by now but again I am going to do a web site. On the contrary to most people though I dont actually want people to find it maybe as easy as you or anyone else does. My theory is to get who I want to go have a look at it.......but like I said maybe I am shooting myself in the foot. I will have to wait and see. Nothing ventured I suppose, I can always re-do it if it doesnt work.......a mate of mine is creating the web site for me as like you I would be scared to touch it...........I designed it so to speak but wouldnt have a clue as how to put it together.........I built his fire place and wood burner for him, he builds my web site.....Best, Dave.

Doug Holloway

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2006, 01:18:55 pm »
I am a bit puzzled by your suffolk site, are you using a helicopter?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2006, 06:59:03 pm »
'about us' & 'picture' lead to the same pages.

just how many,   'millions of square metres of carpets cleaned' have you done? and where's the proof ;) ;)

Mike
 '
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2006, 08:59:45 am »
Mike,

Thanks for that , I published my pictures twice.

I first started cleaning carpets at M&S head office 1971-1981.

Own CC business 1982-1986 (London), 1989-present (Essex) and estimate I have cleaned at least 2,000,000 square metres of carpet.

Ian,

I am developing websites so www.suffolkcarpetcleaning.co.uk covers my neighbouring county.

Cheers

doug

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 05:22:16 pm »
Hi guys,

www.suffolkcarpetcleaning.co.uk has got to the top of Google if you search suffolk carpet cleaning ;D

Cheers

Doug

Mark Roberts

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 06:40:26 pm »
Nice Doug,

Looks like google has finished there latest update and let a load of sites out there filter. Ive noticed a big shake up of results.
My website has jumped up to the first page for 'carpet cleaning' on google.
 :o

Mark

Doug Holloway