Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andy east sussex

websites
« on: April 15, 2006, 06:23:39 pm »
do you know any where i can get a web site built cheaply and which specify in building cleaning web sites

Graeme@Access

Re: websites
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 06:32:09 pm »
Hi,

I know a guy who will put together a very nice site for you and offers excellent value for money.  That is more important than price... and he offers support/SEO/updates for about £250

Its worth the investment in a good site as it pays off very quickly.

www.capitalcarpetcare.co.uk is his site
www.transwebdesighn.co.uk is his web design company.

He has built sites for a number of the forum members and i know he is busy building another atm.  If your thinking of investing in a site then give him a call, he carries my personal recommendation.

Hope this helps

Graeme Thurston
Access Cleaning Solutions

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:00:29 pm »
Hi Guys,

As many of you know my sites rank very highly on search engines  , search essex carpet cleaning etc and as with most things in life , this has taken a long time to achieve.

I am now going to design sites and more importantly manage them so that their rankings reach a high level.

This will involve a one off building cost and an ongoing monthly hosting /managing cost.

If anyone is interested email doug@1st4carpetcleaning.com and I will send you details.

One I am currently doing is http://82.110.105.18/1st4cleaning.co.uk/index.html?1145195456859

Cheers

Doug

handyali

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:32:15 pm »
hi. just visiting the carpet bit of the forum on this exciting Sunday night  ;D
just a plug for my husbands business- i like a bit of honesty  ;)
hes a web designer and I.T consultant and you can find him at www.anything-it.biz which is about his websites or www.anything-it.org if you have any I.T questions. my webby is www.crystalplymouth.co.uk but not finished yet  :'(

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:11:10 am »
goto easily.co.uk

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 07:49:49 am »
Nick,

It is relatively easy to produce a site which nobody except you knows where it is.

The clever bit is getting it found by the search engines so customers come to you.

Cheers

Doug

Neil Grainger

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 08:11:47 am »
Doug

you mentioned this before, How do you do it wihout it costing a bomb? An e-mail explaing would be great if you have the time.

Cheers

Neil

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:23:19 am »
I'm no 1 in the yahoo search engine but on google on about page 12 how do i improve my google ranking?

craigp

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 08:45:37 am »
googles annoying, when you do any search all you get is millions of 'near' and 'city search' , 'find carpet cleaners' etc. type rubbish,

and only about 2 real carpet cleaning websites when there must be loads,

and on futher back pages its the same websites repeated >:(

i think its google cant do its job properly and find what you really searching for.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 08:50:33 am »
Hi,

Google has a serious conflic of interest going on as it displays the free hits on the left... and the paid listings on the right.

Its no wonder the free listings are rubbish.
Im sure yahoo will go down the same route.

Doug, you are 1st for Carpet cleaning essex with a page that has a rank of 0.  Our page rank is 4, but we come a long way down the list.

If anyone wants to add links to our site, that will help you come up the listings in google.

Graeme

Liahona

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 09:26:19 am »
Steve, nothing to do with this subject but....... I tried to look at your web site and for some reason it doesnt fit on my computer screen, if that makes sense. I would guess I am missing about an inch or inch and a half of it width ways. Just thought you might want to know in case it happens to other people too. I add at this point I know very little about computers so it might be something I am doing or not doing. Best, Dave.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 09:29:46 am »
Dont be tempted to do what this guy has done to get his site up the listings

http://www.spotlesscleaningservices.com/

If you look at the foot of the page he has a load of hidden text.  This will get you sandboxed (eventually) but does bring you up the rankings.

Doug, i had a look at your site again and i relly do wonder what it is that google likes about your site.  Can u tell me where to send the brown envelope?

Graeme

stevegunn

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 09:40:32 am »
Steve, nothing to do with this subject but....... I tried to look at your web site and for some reason it doesnt fit on my computer screen, if that makes sense. I would guess I am missing about an inch or inch and a half of it width ways. Just thought you might want to know in case it happens to other people too. I add at this point I know very little about computers so it might be something I am doing or not doing. Best, Dave.

It depends on what size monitor you have I have viewed it on 19" tft & 15" standard monitor and yes the bottom where it says rug cleaning is missing on some.

this one is the same

http://www.fresherclean.co.uk/

Liahona

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 10:56:06 am »
So it is the same. Oh well. By the way how come you have the same picture of a sofa on both sites??? Best, Dave.

andy east sussex

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 03:21:01 pm »
do you get many people looking on your web site is it worth it

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:21:56 pm »
On the Spotless site it states Scottish enquiries only.
Whats all that about.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 04:46:35 pm »
Hi Andy,

I get on average one job a week but they are generally good quality and well paid.

Two sites I am currently working on

www.1st4fencing.co.uk
www.1st4cleaning.co.uk

Cheers

Doug

Art

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 04:52:27 pm »
On the Spotless site it states Scottish enquiries only.
Whats all that about.

Come on John, the answer to that one's obvious. He's trying to attract a better class of customer  ;D ;D ;D

Ali_D

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 11:34:05 pm »
Hi Andy

(I'm trespassing from the cleaning forum ;D)

I've just done my website with fasthosts.co.uk.  They help you do it from start to finish, i.e. register your domain name (mine cost £7.99 for two years), build your site (using customizable templates), divert emails to your email (i.e. enquiries@businessname.co.uk gets diverted to your personal email), publish your site and you can update whenever you like - all for £3.99 a month - bargain.

I'm probably putting myself in the line of fire here, but have a look at mine

www.cleener.co.uk

The wording and graphics are cr@p at the moment because I'm not actually up and running yet, just getting everything together.  Still needs work, but two weeks ago I didn't have a clue where to start so I'm quite proud of myself.

Let me know if you need any help - I'm a dab hand now.

Ali

p.s. I forgot to say you get £30 google voucher for ad words - whatever they are, haven't got that far yet. :-\

Graeme@Access

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 07:45:14 am »
Hi Ali,

Your site looks quite good for a newbie to web design.  I have seen a lot worse  ;)

I taught myself how to use dreamweaver using video tutorials from lynda.com and built our site, but with the time spent on it i would probably have been best getting a professional to do it.

Graeme