Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Loncin engines
« Last post by Splash and dash on April 28, 2024, 07:34:11 pm »
Briggs vanguard are a cracking engine much more power than a Honda uses less fuel , and much quieter, Loncin have a good reputation but personally not had one .
Always remember that sliding sash or other 'big framed' windows need pricing accordingly.

Window Cleaning Forum / Loncin engines
« Last post by Stoots on April 28, 2024, 07:29:32 pm »
Are loncin engined pressure washer any good ? reliable ?

or if not which is better to go for GX390 or a Briggs Vanguard

thanks

edit:  ive posted this in wrong place i know 
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Best time, effort & money saving tips
« Last post by AuRavelling79 on April 28, 2024, 07:25:57 pm »
Going Cashless is good in theory but I like posting a card and even collecting cash. It does take longer but one meets the customer and usually ends up with other work from them. Building a bond with the customer is the way I like to do things.

Scottish going collecting is a pain esp if you ve done it for 25 years and have more than 100 customers!

I've not collected for years now due to electronic payments,the pandemic was the catalyst to get even more customers to pay by BACS....now its around 80% BACS and the other 20% a mixture of cash/card on the day

I reckon they'll be no physical cash within the next 10 years.

Not sure on that - ive noticed nearly all the local chip shops and takeaways (not the big chains) have put up CASH ONLY signs this year

Browns restaurant, Park Street, Bristol, Parsons Bakery, High Kingsdown Bristol and The Forge & Fern, Staple Hill, Bristol have now all recently gone "no cash policy"

It's like a third world city.  ;D
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Go on a water meter
« Last post by Perfect Windows on April 28, 2024, 06:58:33 pm »

So, am I right in assuming that as I am on a septic tank I won't be paying the for the water going into the drainage system?

Nick

Not sure how septic tanks are rated but you may well be right which would make it fit in the £350 or so range. Just look at your last water bill for the input price per m2 and multiply accordingly.

Vin
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Expensive brushes
« Last post by tlwcs on April 28, 2024, 06:39:18 pm »
Too heavy for me at any price
« Last post by Viscount on April 28, 2024, 05:59:48 pm »
Oh, and it doesn't lose bristles, but they do wear slowly. I have a new bristle set coming. All the parts are replaceable.
« Last post by Viscount on April 28, 2024, 05:57:52 pm »
Been using a standard radial brush since September. Always used Tucker and Gardiner super light in the past. This time window cleaning I used an x-line Dupont sill brush. I have used a vikan back in the day and homemade Addis floor brush on my home made fishing pole modular pole.

Honestly, it isn't expensive for how good it is. It is way better than all the other brushes I've used and I'm getting a super-lite version  and a rocker version. I get why people want to put them down, but I ain't going back. Not a chance. But I get why people are reluctant. I was always a sucker for different kit - the Tucker pole (original brass coloured aluminium) back in 2005 was
like that. It was amazingly engineered, but heavy and fiddle to use. The brush was unequaled. But the radial brush is better and even better engineered. Wouldn't touch anything else now except for fascias and stuff.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Best time, effort & money saving tips
« Last post by robbo333 on April 28, 2024, 05:46:53 pm »
Bin off your crap jobs!
I think we've probably all got a job (or 10) that we just hate doing, for whatever reason!
Usually we keep them because the customers are really nice (but the job is an absolute nightmare) or it's in the middle of a row that we do...etc, etc, etc.
Put the price up to match the job or bin it off.
It may not speed up your day, or make you quicker, but mental health plays a big part in our game and if you're happy, you work better and more efficiently.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Nano trolley controller
« Last post by Billy clarke on April 28, 2024, 05:08:58 pm »
Let you know tomorrow. 👍
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10