Bungle

Re: Alternative to Gardiner brushes
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2023, 09:23:04 pm »
I absolutely love the xline sill with rinse bar, not used the flocked so cant comment but its by far the best ive used. Sadly i think im going to have to stop using them as im having alot of problems rsi wise with my shoulder and now been told  i have  osteoarthritis in it too which is a bit concerning given i need to be working at least another ten years so im using just supremes at the moment as much lighter. I do like the supremes but they're not a patch on the xline brushes imo, its just the weight issue.

The sill brush looks huge and heavy. Personally, I have no requirement for a sill brush, I use a swivel and can do the sill with any brush. I wish someone would develop 'oval' brushes more. There used to be a guy on here that made them, Tecbuk I think they were called. I now kick myself for not buying them,  on reflection they were probably the best out there!

His name was Peter? Spruce will tell you who he was. He didn't take criticism very well at all 😂 but he was passionate about his brushes, I'll give him that.
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2023, 09:36:57 pm »
I think he made boars hair brushes. Bit of a pig apparently.
Pretty sure Gardiners produced some too for a while.

Viscount

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 09:41:19 pm »
The kinda thread where reach-it radials get mentioned. They're a very different offering and the bristles themselves can be changed when they wear, so the brush could last years and years.

Heavy, but rinse on the glass, so...

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2023, 10:17:18 pm »
I absolutely love the xline sill with rinse bar, not used the flocked so cant comment but its by far the best ive used. Sadly i think im going to have to stop using them as im having alot of problems rsi wise with my shoulder and now been told  i have  osteoarthritis in it too which is a bit concerning given i need to be working at least another ten years so im using just supremes at the moment as much lighter. I do like the supremes but they're not a patch on the xline brushes imo, its just the weight issue.

The sill brush looks huge and heavy. Personally, I have no requirement for a sill brush, I use a swivel and can do the sill with any brush. I wish someone would develop 'oval' brushes more. There used to be a guy on here that made them, Tecbuk I think they were called. I now kick myself for not buying them,  on reflection they were probably the best out there!

His name was Peter? Spruce will tell you who he was. He didn't take criticism very well at all 😂 but he was passionate about his brushes, I'll give him that.

I was thinking 'Richard'🤔
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2023, 12:30:32 am »
Fantastic Brushes - I had several they worked really well - bit smaller than the gardiners brush - so people constantly slagged them off - yes he couldn't take the heat of this forum

All my guys now have an x-line sill with rinse bar - much better coverage and scrub - mind you they all now have  CLX poles so they do bend a bit  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2023, 07:09:54 am »
For me the stiff supreme brush is a good brush,scrubs well and good for getting spider eggs out of the corners of frames and lasts me at least 6 months before replacing.its excellent with very hot water too.great for first cleans,larger properties and less frequent jobs.

I also use  xtreme stiff brushes for some awkward work or if I just want an easier working day.not great but they get the job done and usually ready for the bin within 2 months.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to use anything heavier than a supreme brush for any WFP work.no wonder some of you have RSI....shoulder problems,etc.

If you want to last in this game you need to wise up and reduce hours,use lighter poles and brushes and do
some resistance training in the gym on a regular basis.
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2023, 07:11:17 am »

I miss those in personation games he played, but he eventually got caught out.

I purchased one of those Aerial brushes. It was heavy. When I complained about the weight, he had a hissy fit and told me my scale was wrong. The weight on his scale for the same brush was much less than mine, so I was wrong.
His scales showed a weight similar to a Gardiner brush I had in stock. Just comparing the Aerial brush in one hand against the Gardiner in the other, his DIY brush was noticeably heavier.

He was very rude.
He came across as a well-balanced person, a man with a chip on each shoulder. He didn't take criticism well, as you said.

I tried to work with that brush and get used to the weight, but it lasted until lunchtime. I gave it to son-in-law to use, and he took it off after the first house. Told me to keep it! ;D

I did wonder what happened to him. His business was in Leicester, if memory serves me, so he would have been a window cleaner in that area (if he ever was a window cleaner.)

He ended up deleting every one of his posts he could find. The remnants on here are the ones he couldn't delete from when his posts were quoted by other posters.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

zesty

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2023, 07:19:28 am »
For me the stiff supreme brush is a good brush,scrubs well and good for getting spider eggs out of the corners of frames and lasts me at least 6 months before replacing.its excellent with very hot water too.great for first cleans,larger properties and less frequent jobs.

I also use  xtreme stiff brushes for some awkward work or if I just want an easier working day.not great but they get the job done and usually ready for the bin within 2 months.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to use anything heavier than a supreme brush for any WFP work.no wonder some of you have RSI....shoulder problems,etc.

If you want to last in this game you need to wise up and reduce hours,use lighter poles and brushes and do
some resistance training in the gym on a regular basis.

I never use anything other than xtreme brushes, I don’t see any benefit in heavier brushes. In fact I could clean with even less bristles, as regular work isn’t that dirty.

james peters

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2023, 07:33:34 am »
Have you tried the supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid? They are pretty soft but last ages . I’ve got 2 in the van that get used daily that are at least 8 months old .Not sure how you’re only getting a few weeks from a supreme.

hi Richard... after trying out many...... this is now the brush we use.  Mine has lasted 6 months at least so far.
I like the extra splay length which is good for fascias and gutters, and even though it isnt a sill brush the longer splay covers upstairs sills .
great brush

Jonny 87

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2023, 08:34:29 am »
Gardiner supreme stiff brush for me. It’s the best I’ve found from any supplier.

Tecbuk used to be a favourite supplier but he stopped making them.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2023, 02:01:35 pm »
Have you tried the supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid? They are pretty soft but last ages . I’ve got 2 in the van that get used daily that are at least 8 months old .Not sure how you’re only getting a few weeks from a supreme.

I've had 2 dupont supremes from Gardiners and both were completely different to each other. One, the bristles were approx 30% longer than normal and the other was anything but soft- meduim to hard I would class it.  You never quite know what you're gonna get at times, the descriptions and consistency are seriously lacking here!🤔

I'm now wondering if the second one I tried was a stiff and not dipont🤔 it was anything but soft! The first dupont I got  was definitely a ringer- the bristles were so long they bent under their own weight, even when dry!! This was my first supreme so didn't know any different. Subsequent flocked ones were a shorter bristle length.
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2023, 06:01:24 pm »

That's him. I knew it was a nerdy kind of name.

Bungle

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2023, 06:06:18 pm »

I miss those in personation games he played, but he eventually got caught out.

I purchased one of those Aerial brushes. It was heavy. When I complained about the weight, he had a hissy fit and told me my scale was wrong. The weight on his scale for the same brush was much less than mine, so I was wrong.
His scales showed a weight similar to a Gardiner brush I had in stock. Just comparing the Aerial brush in one hand against the Gardiner in the other, his DIY brush was noticeably heavier.

He was very rude.
He came across as a well-balanced person, a man with a chip on each shoulder. He didn't take criticism well, as you said.

I tried to work with that brush and get used to the weight, but it lasted until lunchtime. I gave it to son-in-law to use, and he took it off after the first house. Told me to keep it! ;D

I did wonder what happened to him. His business was in Leicester, if memory serves me, so he would have been a window cleaner in that area (if he ever was a window cleaner.)

He ended up deleting every one of his posts he could find. The remnants on here are the ones he couldn't delete from when his posts were quoted by other posters.

I called him out on weight too. He told me my scales were wrong as well. I think he used to make his brushes in the scout hut  :D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2023, 08:52:35 am »
Yep, that stock was pretty brutal! Replace that stock with a Supreme stock and bingo!!!👌
Comfortably Numb!

Richy essex

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2023, 11:05:48 am »
Dazmond

Can I use the stiff supreme for cold water ?

Or should I stick with the soft im also trying to decide what brush to use ive dug my old supreme out and quite like it

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2023, 05:07:33 pm »
Dazmond

Can I use the stiff supreme for cold water ?

Or should I stick with the soft im also trying to decide what brush to use ive dug my old supreme out and quite like it

You can use the stiff with cold water but a medium would probably be better

the king

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2023, 09:32:41 pm »
i get 6 months + out of my ultmate flocked brushes with hot water till they get worn but still use them till i kill them i like to get my moneys worth though  ;Di liked the supreme stiff but the bristles have splayed out a lot making it a pain to use i think if the bristles were shorter it be bang on  and last a lot longer  the the tecbuk length  was perfect shame richard was a prat and diden't listen

jonny thompson

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2023, 07:44:55 am »
Unfortunately there is much, just bought a Xline brush but have already gone back to ultimate

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2023, 10:15:54 am »
Unfortunately there is much, just bought a Xline brush but have already gone back to ultimate

I've just received an Xline flocked so will see how I get on with it this week. 🤔
Comfortably Numb!

jonny thompson

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2023, 11:49:56 am »
I’ve got the mono with built in rinse bar , open to offers