G Griffin

Re: Can you call before you come next time
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2012, 07:51:46 pm »
i once put up a sign that fell on Nick Ross (off of crimewatch) head when he was in the middle of a presentation at a business function ... it was only foamex so no harm done  ;D

That's a relief, that the sign wasn't damaged.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2012, 07:59:13 pm »
>William

Selina Scott - she was great in her prime - whatever happened to her?

Mind you I don't see the relevance of such stuff to a window cleaner except perhaps to help make oneself feel "more important".

Now if you want to hear or read a motivational guy read or listen to Steven Covey. Really top stuff.

She got old, I was shocked when I first saw her.

I had to go to this event and I didn't even know she was going to be there, but I listened to her, she talked about how she first got started, all about the setbacks she faced, most where from professionals who said her idea would not work in this country.

She then talked about how her business grew and the mistakes she made, the biggest one she made was bringing in professionals to manage her company, she then lost control and sold up.

She then went on to start up another sucessful business and now she writes books and gives speechs.

There was also a marketing guru who is a expert on networking and linkedin, he also gave a brilliant speech.

While all of these people might not be relevant to window cleaning, their knowledge and experence are useful for someone who doesn't want to clean windows for a job, but to have a sucessful cleaning business.

It's all "My dads a policeman" really Hydro. How do you get on at these Amway breakfast meetings? If they don't agree with what you say, do you talk them to death like you do on here?

I get on quite well at them thank you, unlike you and others they have an open mind, I don't tell them anything personal, just who I would like to meet or quote for, I have found that you cannot just ask for referrals for window cleaning, you have to be specific and you have to listen.

I listen and when they mention something that will work for me then I will ask to a referral into that company, for instance that how I got into the property management company I do a lot of work for, someone mentioned that they do business with them and I asked for a referral, this I got along with a testimonial into what I do, it worked and they started to give me little bits of work and as the years pass they have increased what they give me.

But its all a 2 way street, I listen to what they want and if I know someone I will pass on their contact details, it happened today, a customer wanted to know if I do deep house cleaning, well I don't but I know a company that does so I phone her up and passed my phone to the customer, he has now arranged for her to clean her mothers house who died, so he can sell it.

Its not all about getting work either, you meet loads of different people from all the trades, so if I want some advice about tax issues or employment law or where to apply for business grants and finance I know who to ask.

Of course none of this works, thats why 10's of thousands of businesses waste millions doing it

C o z y

« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2012, 08:10:55 pm »
Well it doesn't seem to work for you, still only got 3 half days worth of work.  ???
No still don't understand, I must be thick

EandM

« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2012, 08:22:32 pm »

I bet it's hard to hold a conversation with one of those microphones stuck to your lips, though.
[/quote]

That never actually occurred to me. Perhaps that was the reason  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2012, 08:32:12 pm »

I bet it's hard to hold a conversation with one of those microphones stuck to your lips, though.

That never actually occurred to me. Perhaps that was the reason  ;D
[/quote]
 ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Frankybadboy

« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:28 pm »
Well it doesn't seem to work for you, still only got 3 half days worth of work.  ???
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »

It works fine thank you, at the moment its paid for itself so as long as I'm not losing money then I'm happy.

Mind you I do know one company in the networking group, that can supply me with the data I need to canvass the following Trowbridge and Avon areas and all the villages around it.  I was quite surprised how cheap this data is.

Dave Willis

« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:16 pm »
Will I Am .......... a ballpooper!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

C o z y

« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:58 pm »
3 days at 5 hours a day Hydro. Hardly world domination is it? Why do you feel the need to keep digging? Don't tell people what you're going to do, just do it.

You're in a simple business. Turn up, clean windows, get paid. Repeat this until you have as much money as you want/need.

No need to talk people to death, just follow those steps and don't bullpoope, you won't have to remember what you said then.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:39 pm »
Just another thread that this forum is famous for. That`s why we have 24 thousand none active. members. ??? ???

AuRavelling79

« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
William - why would you want to canvass all around the "Trowbridge and Avon areas and all the villages surrounding it?" (as you have written)
It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »
if he wants work down this way,then dont brother canvassing you can do some off mine. ;D ;D ;D

but there again he have tobe on his feet more than 2hrs, :o ;D

« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2012, 10:16:48 pm »
William - why would you want to canvass all around the "Trowbridge and Avon areas and all the villages surrounding it?" (as you have written)

Well I already work in Gloucester and Avon is only 30 miles away and the houses look nice.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »

Well I already work in Gloucester and Avon is only 30 miles away and the houses look nice.

Avon doesn't exist - that database must be out of date!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2012, 10:23:20 pm »

I think this thread has run its course now, its just getting plain silly.