dazmond

Road fund licence....
« on: March 07, 2024, 07:34:16 pm »
How much is yours?

£384 now for mine🙄but that includes VAT too.

The state of the roads round here is awful,potholes everywhere😡
price higher/work harder!

EandM

Re: Road fund licence....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 07:36:18 pm »
Both of my Rangers are £320 each - flat commercial rate.

The roads are dire!

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 07:46:07 pm »
Roads round here are like an Albanian motorway. Cars have to slalom along the roads.
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 09:18:58 pm »
Vehicle tax isn’t used solely for the upkeep of roads. It goes into central government. I don’t understand why small vans are taxed so highly.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 04:13:07 am »
How much is yours?

If you weren't paying a lease payment, your rfl would be less the vat.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 07:27:08 am »
Vehicle tax isn’t used solely for the upkeep of roads. It goes into central government. I don’t understand why small vans are taxed so highly.

Yes, it's another attack on the self employed tying to make a living while so many others stay in bed all day.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 09:31:24 am »
How much is yours?

I know but it would still be £322 for the year.my missus has the same van(the car version) but pays £30 a year (as its classed as a disabled vehicle  still from the last owner)

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 09:35:48 am »

Yes, it's another attack on the self employed tying to make a living while so many others stay in bed all day.

I personally feel there's too many people of all ages in this country looking for handouts and will use any excuse not to work....this country is in a mess and we should all do our bit...

If your on benefits and not looking for work you should be forced to litter pick around the local area and other community work that needs doing.

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 09:44:23 am »
How much is yours?

I know but it would still be £322 for the year.my missus has the same van(the car version) but pays £30 a year (as its classed as a disabled vehicle  still from the last owner)

A car derived van (people carrier) is the same vehicle but with windows and seats. It's not classed as the exact model commercial is regarding rfl.

It's the same with Renault, Citroen, Peugeot and Fiat etc.
All people carriers are taxed differently.

Tradesmen drive commercial vans so they 'milk' us as another form of taxation.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 11:10:41 am »

I personally feel there's too many people of all ages in this country looking for handouts and will use any excuse not to work....this country is in a mess and we should all do our bit...

If your on benefits and not looking for work you should be forced to litter pick around the local area and other community work that needs doing.

I reckon they should help fill in potholes.

My new slogan for the election...

'Potheads repair Potholes!'

;D
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 12:04:56 pm »

You could do that on the days you don’t work Dazmond.

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 12:48:29 pm »
Phuck me there’s some hypocrisy in this thread. Does anyone else see it?

deeege

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 01:52:21 pm »

;D Gotta be on a wind up here Daz.

Benefits come in all shapes and sizes, including subsidised housing. What day are you free for the litter picking?   ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 02:47:05 pm »

Benefits come in all shapes and sizes, including subsidised housing. What day are you free for the litter picking?   ;D

You might think differently if you lived round here.....whole generations of people who ve never worked a day in their lives and get all their rent and council tax paid for by us as well as deliveries from food banks,etc.........I'd bring back the workhouses if I were in power!😃👍

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 02:49:18 pm »

Actually I've done 2 stints of litterpicking with a local community group on sat mornings to try and smarten up the area a bit....

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 02:51:05 pm »

No one should get  benefits for doing nothing unless their severely disabled

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 03:28:57 pm »

Where to begin….

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 03:32:38 pm »
Whooooooosh!

Dazmond - your like my father in law  moaning about imigrants getting benefits when he's fiddled his accounts for the last 20 years so he can avoid tax  ::)roll
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

DJW

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 03:49:52 pm »
Must be loads of pots versus kettles up that way!

zesty

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 03:59:49 pm »

Tend to agree, although there are people who aren’t disabled that genuinely can’t work.

We definitely have a problem with people choosing not to work because they make more in benefits.

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2024, 05:10:49 pm »
Whooooooosh!

Dazmond - your like my father in law  moaning about imigrants getting benefits when he's fiddled his accounts for the last 20 years so he can avoid tax  ::)roll

Don't get me on immigration....why do you think there is a massive housing crisis?my hometown is absolutely overun with them.im not racist one bit but there's too many!FAR TOO MANY!!😡😡

I don't fiddle my taxes by the way but we should have controlled immigration  not open borders.a point system similar to Australia.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 05:17:30 pm »

Tend to agree, although there are people who aren’t disabled that genuinely can’t work.

We definitely have a problem with people choosing not to work because they make more in benefits.

I'm  on about  people who don't do any work whatsoever and haven't done for 20-30 years.NOT

1.people who get benefits because of very low wages
2. people who care for a loved one at home
3.genuine disabled people(mentally or physically)

Everyone else should be doing some kind of work IMO

Bungle

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2024, 07:11:10 pm »

Yeah, and make them wear pyjamas with arrows printed on them 💪

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2024, 12:23:02 am »
do you think a single man earning 65K a year should get a cheap rental flat ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Bungle

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2024, 01:00:49 am »

Do you think a scrounger who never lifts a finger should have all their bills paid by the tax payers?

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2024, 01:23:06 am »
unfortunately it happens and usually by the indigenous population.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2024, 09:11:50 am »

Absolutely not.

Don Kee

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2024, 11:17:56 am »
Give over Daz.

You might think that just because you shine a few windows that you can climb your high horse but that subsidised flat puts you in the same bracket as the rest of the scroungers you describe mate.

Immigrant induced housing crisis?
I give you a guy that boasts about 5 star holidays and baked bean baths taking up a social housing flat that he quite clearly doesn’t need.

I sort of respect the whole positive attitude you have and the way you’ve turned your life around but get a grip tiger, you’re part of the problem.

simon w

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2024, 12:58:30 pm »
Give over Daz.

You might think that just because you shine a few windows that you can climb your high horse but that subsidised flat puts you in the same bracket as the rest of the scroungers you describe mate.

I give you a guy that boasts about 5 star holidays and baked bean baths taking up a social housing flat that he quite clearly doesn’t need.

I sort of respect the whole positive attitude you have and the way you’ve turned your life around but get a grip tiger, you’re part of the problem.

He'll be giving up that flat to a single mum or deserving low earner soon when he movesin with his Mrs. A move that he won't be able to back track as his life situation will be very different now then when he originally qualified for social housing or help from the tax payers  :) probably be hard giving up that security knowing once gone it'll be gone for good.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2024, 01:16:52 pm »
There is a difference.

When you 'qualify' for a council flat there is no rule that says you have to get out if your circumstances later change.

Otherwise the little old widow granny that lives in a 3 bed semi since her kids left and husband died would have to leave.

When you qualify for cash benefits it's because you 'cannot' work and when you can then you should.

(I actually think there is a case for forced eviction of single or couple subsidised renters in 3 bed houses being moved into smaller dwellings. In fact the high rise flats that are well kept with working lifts, parking and security would be ideal. It's the scrotes that make them unpleasant.)
It's a game of three halves!

simon w

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2024, 01:29:04 pm »

I'm  on about  people who don't do any work whatsoever and haven't done for 20-30 years.NOT

1.people who get benefits because of very low wages
2. people who care for a loved one at home
3.genuine disabled people(mentally or physically)

Everyone else should be doing some kind of work IMO

I bet all the immigrants residents in daz's block of flats must think  Rockefeller living alongside them  ;D

deeege

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2024, 01:31:45 pm »
There is a difference.

When you 'qualify' for a council flat there is no rule that says you have to get out if your circumstances later change.

Otherwise the little old widow granny that lives in a 3 bed semi since her kids left and husband died would have to leave.

When you qualify for cash benefits it's because you 'cannot' work and when you can then you should.

(I actually think there is a case for forced eviction of single or couple subsidised renters in 3 bed houses being moved into smaller dwellings. In fact the high rise flats that are well kept with working lifts, parking and security would be ideal. It's the scrotes that make them unpleasant.)

Wasn’t there a big kick off a few years ago when they introduced a ‘bedroom tax’? Meaning the people living in 3 bed council properties would have to pay more or downsize.

Benefits, including social housing should all be means tested and I believe most are. Which begs the question again, should a single person on £50k per year with a years income in savings, be living in subsidised social housing?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

simon w

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2024, 01:41:15 pm »
There is a difference.

Wasn’t there a big kick off a few years ago when they introduced a ‘bedroom tax’? Meaning the people living in 3 bed council properties would have to pay more or downsize.

Benefits, including social housing should all be means tested and I believe most are. Which begs the question again, should a single person on £50k per year with a years income in savings, be living in subsidised social housing?

Council should put his rent up to 1.8k a month, he'd soon move in with "the Mrs" then  ;D simultaneously freeing up a dwelling more suited to somebody in a similar situation as when he originally qualified to get it.   

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2024, 02:44:16 pm »
Give over Daz.

Half the flats round here are boarded up now and it's not uncommon for people to get stabbed or shot and crack and heroin is a real problem.....

Most people would be scared to death living here!😆

You simply can't put me in the same bracket as a machete wielding drug dealer who's been on benefits for 20 years!🤣

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2024, 02:49:52 pm »
Give over Daz.

He'll be giving up that flat to a single mum or deserving low earner soon when he movesin with his Mrs. A move that he won't be able to back track as his life situation will be very different now then when he originally qualified for social housing or help from the tax payers  :) probably be hard giving up that security knowing once gone it'll be gone for good.

Any single mums who have moved in over the years move out within a few months because of the violence and xl bully type dogs....

simon w

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2024, 03:48:58 pm »
Give over Daz.

Any single mums who have moved in over the years move out within a few months because of the violence  my relentless drumming and xl bully type dogs.... prancing around in my gym shorts...

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2024, 04:04:40 pm »
Council house tenancies are not a benefit neither are they means tested.
Anyone can go on the waiting list lots of my customers have sold houses and got council bungalows.
Spit and polish

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2024, 04:48:07 pm »
Anyone can go on the waiting list lots of my customers have sold houses and got council bungalows.

You can’t just apply to go on the council housing list , you have to meet certain criteria and even then it is a very long list and you could be waiting years to get anything .

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2024, 04:54:22 pm »
There is a difference.

Council should put his rent up to 1.8k a month, he'd soon move in with "the Mrs" then  ;D simultaneously freeing up a dwelling more suited to somebody in a similar situation as when he originally qualified to get it.

It has actually gone up to just over £91 a week from next month....

I'll be moving out soon as my stepdaughter has just had an offer excepted on her first house today!😛😜

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2024, 04:55:42 pm »

You can’t just apply to go on the council housing list , you have to meet certain criteria and even then it is a very long list and you could be waiting years to get anything .

I was on the list for around 8 years before I got a property....👍

simon w

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2024, 07:09:25 pm »

Find out how much that flat would be to buy off council (if your eligible) rent it out when you live with mrs, if things don't work out you've still got a roof over your head, if you don't you could effectively spend the rest of your days paying someone else's mortgage just for the privilege of having a home

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2024, 07:39:59 pm »

Find out how much that flat would be to buy off council (if your eligible) rent it out when you live with mrs, if things don't work out you've still got a roof over your head, if you don't you could effectively spend the rest of your days paying someone else's mortgage just for the privilege of having a home

You can't buy housing association flats there not for sale.me and the missus will be just fine.we ve been together for 12 years now.👍

deeege

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2024, 09:28:53 pm »

You can't buy housing association flats there not for sale.me and the missus will be just fine.we ve been together for 12 years now.👍

That’s not true, Google ‘right to acquire’

Mate of mine has just bought his association house, had full discount of 40%. He can’t sell it for 5 years so he’s renting it out and will sell it for a £100k - £120k profit in 5 years. It’s free money.

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2024, 10:11:16 pm »

Mate of mine has just bought his association house, had full discount of 40%. He can’t sell it for 5 years so he’s renting it out and will sell it for a £100k - £120k profit in 5 years. It’s free money.

Actually he’s right the vast majority can’t buy them unless they were formally owned by the council , but most there days are built by the association from new theses can’t be sold to the tenants.

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2024, 08:37:37 am »

Nope you can't buy(it's written in the tenancy agreement).

I wouldn't want to anyway.