Forum Admin

Window Cleaning Round Book (Example)
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:31:41 pm »
Here is a link to an example window cleaning round book, kindly provided by David Salkeld!

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/RoundBook.doc

And an example of how it can be used is here:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/RoundBookExample.doc

Cheers Dave.

gmccleaning

Re: Window Cleaning Round Book (Example)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 04:02:53 pm »
i no this sounds dumb but what does the letters  D/P  stand for and what does  B   F  stand for, (i just no its going to be straight forward)
im thinking date & paid for D/P

thanks george

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:23:43 pm »
Liked the docs,  Cheers!!   ;) :D ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 04:33:25 pm »
Dave,

Nice spreadsheet, I use similar but different.

I have a column with an area code from 1 to 12.  I list everything alaphbetical and then use the area code column to do a 'sort' which puts my work into groups.

I just copy the spreadsheat to a 'working list' document, highlight the area code, do an A to Z sort and hey presto, my work is organised into groups.

I just delete the rows of houses I don't want to clean and print off the spreadsheet remaining.

I also use a column to put an 'X' into those accounts who still owe me.  Those who've paid stay blank; I'm not interested in them.

When collecting, I just copy the spreadsheat to a 'working list' document, highlight the payment column, and then sort using the A to Z function.

Hey presto, I've a list of people who owe me money.  I just delete those who don't.

I reckon I spend twenty minutes a week updating and manipulating my spreadsheet.

Don't forget about data backup up.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:06:25 pm »
George,

Not a silly question iff you,re not me!

D = Date done
P = Date paid

B/F is the column to add any jobs owing before the start of the book

Check out the example doc

Tosh,

This is a paper version and is filled in in round order so you just keep on working through it and filling in.  From the Dates you can write out a sales account.

I will get admin to post an instruction document.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Forum Admin

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 09:03:47 am »
Check out the Round Book Instructions here:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/RoundbookInstructions.doc

easy

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:45:56 am »
Hi,

Nice & simlpe layout document.....cheers

bluenote

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 05:05:49 pm »
Seems a bit over the top to me I just use a small note book from partners that I keep in my hip pocket using one page for each street and mark each house with a / as its done and then when its been paid mark over with an \ Ive used this system for the last 20 years and its never let me down.  ;D
the 1st of july is coming hooray

Templar

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 09:44:36 am »
Interesting and helpfull. Dave in word Tosh in Excel. We all have to do this and I thought they made a good job of being simple and systematic.
Also it's interesting that the notebook user get's it from a computer and office supplier.(staples)

vwm

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 08:39:01 pm »
for £50 geogre the window cleaner assitance is a very simple to use program and i am finding it is great

worth checking out you get a free mouths trial 

Richy L

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 05:57:24 pm »
Seems a bit over the top to me I just use a small note book from partners that I keep in my hip pocket using one page for each street and mark each house with a / as its done and then when its been paid mark over with an \ Ive used this system for the last 20 years and its never let me down.  ;D

i use the same method. sometimes simple is best! :)

Mr.G

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 11:51:03 pm »
So do I! / done , X paid, easy!

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 10:49:10 pm »
I started with a paper book if you lose it your in trouble as it could fall into wrong hands. (not sure your coustomers would be happy knowing there details are scribbled in a book (think data protection) what is this place coming too.

i started with word, then to excel, I am now sampling a tech wizards database for doing the daily work, work totals etc. seems to be much easier and autobacks up to my second portalable HD.

DONT YOU JUST LOVE COMPUTERS :)

rhys11

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 02:13:31 am »
hi can you send me a copy plz
rhysaharries@hotmail.com
rhys