Peter Sweeney

Re: Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 06:59:46 am »
Sorry Bob, no can do

Pete

richie

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:02 am »
Bob.....Pay £235 & you will find the answer to your question  ;D  Why do i get the feeling this CLEAN will end up as a US & THEM thing...

Just because someone can clean vast amounts of carpets and or upholstery with a smaller team in a shorter period of time does not mean that your doing a splash n dash.  Simon has many years experience of cleaning vast areas in very short if not almost impossible times.

Richie.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:02 am »
Richie

I really can't understand where the Simon Gerrard thing comes from so please don't stir things up. I don't doubt for a second that Simon knows what he's doing and comments like that are what turn discussions into unnecessay arguments.

As for the us and them, yes, there will be members and non members and thats all there is to it.

With repect,
Pete

richie

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 10:46:00 am »
Peter,

Not stirring anything up, i was merely pointing something out, someone mentioned about Simon been able to clean vast amounts of carpet / upholstery in short amounts of time and you mentioned about not possible to clean in 1/4 of the time without been a splash n dash.  I merely pointed out that it can be possible to clean vast areas in almost impossible short time periods without been splash n dash as Simon has proved with his many years experience.  I was not attempting to say that you where saying otherwise or stirring things up.  Read my post again & you will see this.

Richie.

JandS

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »
Top secret.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

robert meldrum

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 02:01:32 pm »
Isn't the English language a pain at times .................you can say something simple which can ( by omitting a word or two ) be taken to mean some specific when it was only meant as a generalisation.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »
Not that it has anything to do with me, im just wondering, this is a very big job. Who is responsible for paying each individual?

What if the client defaults on payment will the subcontractor get paid?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 02:59:45 pm »
Hi Guys

Clean has a lot of positive energy and will be exclusive by the high standards it will set, but any CC prepared to work to those standards will be welcome.

It will obviously not be for some and there is a absolutely no compulsion to join, but for the CC looking to expand his business and be part of a positive and vibrant organisation then it is well worth joining.

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »
For what it's worth I think this job is just a ruse to generate heightened levels of interest in the new CLEAN Association, enticing prospective members with the lure of lucrative new contracts (although the jobs themselves are a secret and all of a sudden it is fully resourced with 46 people having been recruited in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, there will be other work ;))
I've been doing large and VERY large jobs for decades and I can tell you that this one just doesn't smell right.
Jobs of this size, with this many people involved are planned, not days before,  but weeks, even months in advance and the team is built meticulously ensuring that each of the 23 teams can produce identical results, you can't achieve that level of detail in a couple of days with a one line introduction on an internet forum.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »
Hope it isn't because I've been offered a place, long way to go but wanted to see how it's done, moneys ok as well.

Shaun

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 07:23:31 pm »
I live in the south will keep a good look out.  breaker breaker 19 we could have a cc convy

KEEP OF MY MANNER OR I WILL PUT PINS IN YA VAC HOSES LOL ;D ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »
Thanks, Shaun, you just won me a tenner.
Someone bet me a tenner that if I put that post on, someone from CLEAN would come on and try to counter it and you did, Mr President of CLEAN.

So at least we know Shaun's on the team, I wonder how many other from CLEAN directors etc end up doing the job? (If there is one that is.)
The problem with these types of schemes (even when the jobs are real) is that the people running them end up having first crack at the work. I would have thought that the directors and President would stand one step away from the jobs and resulting flow of money in the name of fair play and all that.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 07:29:21 pm »
Put that tenner away!

I am NOT the president and not a member, there are no members, infact I have nothing to do with CLEAN but as I have already stated I want to become a member.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »
Well that's one of the problems with CLEAN, people are being expected to sign up and get involved but all under the veil of secrecy. It all seems so very underhanded. You were the President of CLEAN and it seems to me at the very first sign of a CLEAN job coming up someone who is or was heavily involved is going to travel all the way down south to do a job when surely that job should go to people in the South and to people who need the work far more than you do.

Simon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »
Here we go, Simon being a d_ck....AGAIN! yawn yawn  ::) Hurry up and get your 15 to 20 replies that your no doubt going to put on here, so we can all get back to normal when you gone  ;D

Mark

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 07:42:38 pm »
I am not a member of clean and wish to put the record straight. I have worked for pete on the last 'big' last minute clean......It did exist, I don't believe for one minute this is a rouse for membership.
Pete in my opionion is an honest guy who has no ulterior motives. While I was prepared to wait 3 months to get paid, I got paid in a couple of weeks.
I was offered a place on this clean with no mention of conditions.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
"So basically its a big vax!"

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 07:45:47 pm »
Steady Mark everyone is allowed their say.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »
Oh come now, not the sour grapes retort. If Pete or anyone else can do good things for this industry then they have my respect.
The fact that this job appears to have been organized at the last minute is my only concern because in my experience jobs like this are a long time in the planning.
Simon

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »
Top secret.

Think it's more like not giving your work to the competition....common sense really  ;)
"So basically its a big vax!"

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 08:21:47 pm »
Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment clean does not have any members as until they have run their first trainning / exam and you have passed it no one is eligible.
So I just took this to be a job that was offered by Pete not clean as the people working on it would not have the trainning / exam to determine their competence.
Hope the job goes well for all concerned, and if you ever get any in the North East let me know.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk