Jason Hedges

CCDO - DATE & VENUE SET!
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:36:10 pm »
Hi all,

Pete (ex-lands) and I are in the process of organising a ccdo (carpet cleaners day out) event hopefully to be held in a few months time. Our event will be an informal affair and cover a variety of subjects arrising on this forum all the time. Venue and date to be arranged but will be in the Midlands somewhere possibly Birmingham area.

Workshops for the day will include:

Paul Moss (quick leather cleaning, repair and re-colouring) *This session is not for beginners!
Dave Liahona (saturation rug cleaning, if time allows dye setting, stain removal, re-tufting & re-weaving)
Doug Holloway (chemistry / stain removal using high street products)
TBA (basic marketing, leaflets etc.)
Chris Straker (how to market the green side of your business)
More to be confirmed......

Price for the day is to be arranged and include light refreshments throughout the day and a buffet for lunch.

We will also be sorting out accomodation at a (hopefully) discounted rate for anyone that wants to stay over after the event. Will be good to go out for a meal and have a few beers again the same as last year!!

Any questions or suggestions for the day please contact me on (07721 827163) / jasonhedges73@aol.com or Pete on (07816 276290) / pete@oakleafcc.co.uk

If anyone is interested in coming along please put your hand up so we can gauge numbers and start looking for possible venues.

Also, if anyone has a subject area they would like covered on the day or if they would like to contribute to the day please let us know!!

All the best,
Jason.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: CCDO
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:44:18 pm »
Perhaps in the marketing you could have specifics like how to convert at higher prices over the phone or techniques on in the home quotes, alot of cleaners would benefit from this also how to sell protector and also upselling extra rooms on the same trip.

I'll try and post a few more ideas but obviously if it's a full day or I'm talking poo then take no notice.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:47:26 pm »
Good idea Shaun we missed that. Have a background in sales so can run that one myself. Thanks

Pete

Jason Hedges

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 10:49:05 pm »
Nice one Shaun, great idea.

Keep them coming, we want to provide what people are interested in!

lands

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:14 pm »
Can Doug or Ian put this down as a sticky?

Art

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 11:26:18 pm »
Give Mike Hall a ring.

He's the envirodri rep and i'm sure he would be happy to give a demo on dry cleaning.

His number is 07969344765

Arthur

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 11:30:24 pm »
No longer I believe.

lands

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:04 pm »
John, can we speak about this?

No longer I believe.

Art

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 11:33:17 pm »
No longer I believe.

What Mike Hall has left?

Jason Hedges

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 11:47:57 pm »
Give Mike Hall a ring.

He's the envirodri rep and i'm sure he would be happy to give a demo on dry cleaning.

Arthur

Thanks Art,

We're looking at having some trade stands / demos too.

All the best,
Jason.

Art

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 11:56:18 pm »
Give Mike Hall a ring.

Arthur

Thanks Art,

We're looking at having some trade stands / demos too.

All the best,
Jason.

Jason, if your going to carpex, sound out a few of the suppliers when your there

Arthur

Jason Hedges

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 12:06:01 am »
Yes will be going, good idea mate!

Thanks again.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 06:08:58 am »
Great idea, would love to come.

What about a section on getting the best out of the web and also what about asking Yellow Pages and Thomson to do a question and answer session. They never believe what we tell them about their books.

Cheers Neil

lands

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 06:35:03 am »
Hi Neil

I agree re web and that idea has aleady been knocked about. Will look into. Doubt YP or Thompson would send someone down for what will be an aggressive version of the Spanish inquisition though.

Pete

maxcarpets

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 06:56:45 am »
Sounds good, my hand's up!

Justin

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 07:29:46 am »
what about a little award giveing out ??? have a few vans on show like a car show it will give people many idears on how to set there vans out , what to carry and the best way to make use of space ??

how many times have you seen a pic on here and thought thats a good idear never thought of that

lands

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 07:45:54 am »
We are thinking along those lines but thought we could do a porty vs TM competition for a bit of fun at the end of the day. I'm sure Dave Liahona would be happy to represent the TMs and I'm happy to take a beating from him on the porty front but yeah why not, I'm sure we could take a look at each others vans at some point.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:33 am »
Pete

As long as your porty is top of the range, then he may have some competion, make sure he vacuums and pre sprays as well as a lot truckys dont do this even against the rules of NCCA.

Cheers

Neil

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 07:57:22 am »
We are thinking along those lines but thought we could do a porty vs TM competition for a bit of fun at the end of the day. I'm sure Dave Liahona would be happy to represent the TMs and I'm happy to take a beating from him on the porty front but yeah why not, I'm sure we could take a look at each others vans at some point.

i will be happy to bring my t.m. and let people try it out from start to finish
(unwraping pipes, pre spaying , cleaning and packing away) so people get the full idear

David_Annable

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 07:58:40 am »
Hi

Please add my name to the list.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician