scott.

Re: Is the carpet cleaning world going mad
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2006, 03:21:37 am »
Dave
Had to give a quote for a commercial, last friday.  It was 1000sq ft of carpet tiles and was in a terrible state, with water stains, black stuff, and lots of other nasties all over.  Normally I charge £3 a sq meter for a job like this, as it would take around 3-4 hours..around £275 without the nasties..I had to quote them £700 for the extra time it would take to try and rectify it......so flexability is good.....I think they got a quote for  £200 in the end...good luck to whoever didnt survey it first :)

carpetclean

« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2006, 06:12:14 am »
therapist point taken i suppose you are right.
But i admit to not being as quick as some people on this forum though as you say it is a good wage for the day but where do you draw the line it was saturday i have two young children who needs my time and to be honest i did not like the persons attitude i have been in business for many years and learnt to read the signs. i have done very well with the same approach in decorating ,without going in to details there was one main reason i did not want to work for the man. also there would be no referals from him.  but i respect and take on board what you are saying
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

carpetclean

« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2006, 06:35:45 am »
scott win some lose some
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

therapist

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2006, 10:18:30 am »
The only time I walk away, is when someone attempts to get considerably more work without additional cost or attempts to get a lower price than previously agreed'

This is common to a particular ethnic group and where I previously overquoted, slightly, to allow for the ' bargaining ' I got so fed up with it, I now quote the work at a rate which guarantees they will look elsewhere.

This is not bad business and I will not elaborate on a public forum, so you can draw your own conclusions.

r m

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2006, 10:37:42 am »
i would of done a 4bed house and 5 seater suite for £280 and been happy enough about it, even with your overheads theres gotta be about £200 profit there for 1/2 a day to a days work depending how quick you are and what equipment your using.

(i done a 4 bed house today £210 took me 5 hours)
( and iv gotta 3 bed in the morning £190 will take me half a day)

i think a couple hundred pound a day is good money.

what do you aim to take in a day

I am told it is possible to do 10k a month working single handed

So that means I would like to take £1200 a day.

Would that be nice ;D ;D ;D

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2006, 11:31:31 am »
To be fair to carpetclean i passed the job onto him and i have recieved £3.50p perm2 of this client before, so i think he was definantly trying it on, also i told him he wouldnt get a price over the phone, he did and then played it against another companys price. I would have gone and priced on the job and offered him a take it or leave it price he had people moving in at 4pm!! he was probably telling fibs about the other companys price! but you learn this with expierence Allways try to quote the job insitu you never know what you can get. ;)

Regards

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

therapist

« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2006, 07:34:35 pm »
Ian                                                                                                                                                           

I can see how a female might make 2.5k per month ' single handed 'not so sure about a male.

Damn, my tongue seems to have lodged in my cheek.

r m

carpetclean

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2006, 06:33:27 am »
thanks nick
whats this about your fascination with leather!!!??
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2006, 08:02:04 am »
If you Watch Andy Allcock on the course he is very hands on!! the way he rubs the products on etc!! now i know why ;)
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician