Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

Re: Is the carpet cleaning world going mad
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2006, 06:29:50 pm »
Cleaning co.
What she meant was she couldn't bear the thought of you being there that long ;D
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

cleaning co

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2006, 06:36:06 pm »
just looked at that u post again red carpet , u winding me up 3 half hours ? :o thats nearly an hour a carpet, what are u doing to them?  just spray it on and suck it up and go , its clean honest and they still phone u up next year trust me, ive bin doing it same way over 1o years still in bizz still getting recoms, if u wanna stay there that amount of time start charging £4.5o sqm  if u can get it, just out of intrest what do u do in this time spent at custys house?

cleaning co

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2006, 06:38:16 pm »
lol alan , no she was ped with noise ,cold house,and wanted to go out, she told me this as she was writing me the chq  ;D

the red carpet

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2006, 07:18:02 pm »
i allow 1/2 hour for stairs same for landings and halls
about 45 minutes for bedroom
around a hour for a lounge

i have to set up and pack away, and refill water when it needs it and empty waste all of wich i know you dont have to do with your setup.

apart from that i dont usually pre-vac unless i think it needs it
i pre-spray
go round all the edges with hand tool
move furniture if needed
clean with power-brush using overlapping strokes

i guess im just thorough i wont leave untill i know the jobs done properly

ive done two jobs today both took 2 hours

1st job 2 lots of stairs 2 landings
2nd job h/s/l and single bedroom

im happy with it though i know im taking a couple of hundred pound a day, all my customers are happy
and as i get busier i will upgrade my equipment making me faster, meaning i will earn even more

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2006, 08:15:11 pm »
If a customer specifically states that they dont want the house cold then I pass the two leads and the hoses through a slightly open window somewhere out of the way and pull the door to in in that room. Et viola, noise and cold kept at bay. Otherwise people seem quite happy to go out and leave me to get on with it for the day if the job's that big. This is where going to site before hand to inspect and quote play's a major role. A trusting relationship is built and customer tolerances are assesed.
Got to say that ever since I've been using a powerbrush on restoration cleans the joib has really slowed down (hence the price). When you think you've got it clean with a wand then stick a powerbrush over it (one with a view window) you wont believe the crap thats still coming out of the carpet when it looks clean. I'm starting to see why a truckmount is the be all and end all of carpet cleaning systems. I don't think that they clean better than the ninja just quicker, more rinsing ability in less time. No I'm not buying a truck mount. I'll take my time and enjoy the job I do now.

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

therapist

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2006, 09:49:24 pm »
Just read your post John - Last job!

I've been trying to escape the business for years, for similar reasons to yours, but have yet to sell my main equipment.

Like yourself, I've been trying 'Charlies' and Dry System cleaning, purely as a means of continuing to earn regular money, but, I find the Rotary, can be more damaging on the back and have still to try a couple of lighter machines, eg, Contra rotating brushes, either barrel, or rotary types.

Used a Klanz in the past, which has two 'floating' contra rotating heads which can be used with 'powder' or 'microsplitter' and on hard floors.

Due to the state of my skeletal structure, I must stop heavy lifting and the Klanz, or Host type of machine would allow me to continue, but, change can be hard to accept...............

Best wishes

robert meldrum

John_Flynn

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2006, 09:59:03 pm »
Hi Robert

Yes, lifting the Rotary did cause me probems but the actual cleaning process was easier than HWE, all thing been equell my Truckmount travels north on Sunday, I can then get myself commited to my new venture.

Look after your back my friend because no other B*gger is bothered about it!!
I get better looking each day!!

therapist

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2006, 10:41:38 pm »
Delighted to hear you've finally sold tho beast, John.

As I mentioned before, the NHS are absolutely hopeless with back prob's and even Osteos and Chiros
have their limitations.

That's why I started training in Spinal and Muscular problems 8 years ago.

Before letting anyone near you with a knife, give me a call....

robert meldrum

01505 690041

John_Flynn

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2006, 10:49:33 pm »
I  will call you for a chat very soon.

Regards

John

cleaning co

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2006, 05:17:39 am »
i hav a power brush thingy a prochem,pluged it in once then sat down and watched the little clear screen on the front and watched a bit more !  nothing !! not a thing ! can u not get sky one on it ?

cleaning co

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2006, 05:37:34 am »
red just out intrest, how much water do u use to do say h/s/l ?

psg

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2006, 08:45:18 am »
hi mate,
we have a simular problem ove  here, just remember when they get their dole, income support, dla, rent payed for them i suppose its only beer money to them

the red carpet

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2006, 09:33:35 am »
hi gary,
with regards to water,
when i clean, if i use my hand tool very little, but when i use the power brush it really go's down quick.

on stairs im obviously using the handtool so it hardly touches it, and if the landings small rather than unplug the handtool and carry the powerbrush upstairs and plug it in i would usually just go over it with the handtool as well.

if the landings a fair old size or particually dirty il use the powerbrush and then as i say i notice the difference with water.

i rekon on a average say half a tank, give or take

do you use a handtool to go round edges and under and around furniture?

ps. i dont know why everyones going on like your mad charging what you do and making out as if your making peanuts, if your doing £130 jobs in under a hour and you have no staff to pay and you only have a 3grand machine to mantain as oposed to 10-15 grands worth like some people, you must be doing very nicely for yourself ;)

cleaning co

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2006, 12:31:33 pm »
hin red yes i am more than happy what i make, if i was still doing plastering (gav it up over 1o years(i would hav to work me nutts off allday for that

John_Flynn

« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2006, 01:01:57 pm »
hin red yes i am more than happy what i make, if i was still doing plastering (gav it up over 1o years(i would hav to work me nutts off allday for that

PLASTERING

Well that says it all doesn't it :o ::) ::) ::) :o

cleaning co

« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2006, 01:05:05 pm »
what dos that say mr flynn ::)

John_Flynn

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2006, 01:48:27 pm »
 ??? ??? ???

cleaning co

« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2006, 11:36:06 pm »

PLASTERING

Well that says it all doesn't it :o ::) ::) ::) :o
  what do u mean by thats says it all ?

John_Flynn

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2006, 11:53:14 pm »
I'll leave you to think about it for a few week.

If anybody knows the reason, Please tell him!!!

cleaning co

« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2006, 12:08:34 am »
sorry john u lost me ::) and whos "him" the names gary or cleaning co  :o