Andy Foster

Re: Job on a ship in Southampton
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 03:54:21 pm »
I would genuinely like to thank Simon for offering the work. The distance would be my expense and obviously I'd need to ask for enough money to cover it.

If I was in S/Hampton, I'd have been all over this sort of work at a reasonable price, suitable for me, my GDB and of course, Simon...

Thanks again Simon... :)

I echo these remarks. Thanks for the opportunity Simon.

Andy

Craigp

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 03:58:28 pm »
Creeps!

;D ;D ;D

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »
Theoretically you should not work in another public place, including customers homes etc  for at least 48 hours afterwards. Norovirus is a very virulent and particularly unpleasant illness.

Also worth considering the time it will take after the clean for your gear to be cleaned, before taking into other customers homes
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 04:39:32 pm »
Theoretically you should not work in another public place, including customers homes etc  for at least 48 hours afterwards. Norovirus is a very virulent and particularly unpleasant illness.

Also worth considering the time it will take after the clean for your gear to be cleaned, before taking into other customers homes

This is what I was hinting at , clearly the operators of the ship , nor the cleaning teams know the risks involved , if they did things would be different .

This is far more than a cleaning issue, it is a decontamination issue , with the carpeting being one aspect of the job . I would recommend  not to use any equipment on another job after this one,  until it has been properly decontaminated .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 04:45:51 pm »
Sounds like a good crack and you are likely to get paid too.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Colin Day

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »
Creeps!

;D ;D ;D

If only I was a creep when I was in the Navy.... I'd have made it to Warrant Officer..... ;D ;D ;D

Craigp

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »
Simon are you paying on completion or when you get paid ?

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »
Two bods, one machine, one gofa say 9am start... pack up 1.30  20 cabins no breaks
making each cabin 13.5 mins. Not taking into account passengers still in cabins/quarantine, other contractors fogging cabins etc

Don't forget vapour masks cleansan and continental power adaptors if req.

But I'm sure Simon has this covered with his experience ;D
"So basically its a big vax!"

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 05:33:12 pm »

I hope so because back in 2010 he wrote this:
Boudicca has had problems with Noro Virus lately and this mass clean might be something to do with that. If so, I would urge everyone involved to make sure that they wash all of their clothing and scrub themselves down very thoroughly indeed. And wash down all equipment used on the ship before taking into another customers house. Theoretically you should not work in another public place, including customers homes etc  for at least 48 hours afterwards. Norovirus is a very virulent and particularly unpleasant illness.

And Glynn wrote this:
I hope you exhausted every portable's vacuum outlet to outside atmosphere !, otherwise youv'e just made all the germs airborne again.
This is where Truckmounts win over because they vent to fresh outside air. Same with decontaminating hospitals after an outbreak, you must not exhaust spent germ ridden air back into the building.

Like Simon says theres more to these jobs than you think and a particular way of operating.

The rest is on this thread from 2010 if anyone is interested
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=90314.120

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 05:47:19 pm »
I'll tell you what guy's, this is the last time I will ever try to spread work amongst colleagues on here.
All I've got in return is a bunch of know it all's either telling me how to run my business, or cast doubt on my ability to carry out a job I have been doing for twenty years, without incident, I might add.
I put the same post on Truckmounters and strangely it hasn't been greeted with the same hostility. ;D

Simon

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 06:12:26 pm »
Might be coz you own the Truckmounters forum.

You would have had no trouble on the LM forum either mate...

It is these porty owners.....   :P :P :P :P

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 06:17:05 pm »
Oh come on Simon, no need to throw your teddies out the pram.
At the end of the day you can't spend 51 weeks of the year telling us all about the titan and it's the be all and end all of carpet cleaning (which I'm not going to dispute) then request the help of 20 carpet cleaners to use twin vac porties on a prestigous (sp) job.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 06:29:56 pm »
Simon is right he has been ridiculed but there's a lot negativity around the forum, on saying that in previous posts Simon has said his beliefs then others also should be able to.

Come on lets get things back on track.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »
Totally agree with that, Shaun. Trouble is this wasn't a discussion in the true sense of the word, just the desire to spread some spare work around, more fool me. :'(

Simon

Paul Moss

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 06:43:06 pm »
I agree, Simon there is no need to abandon ship as your posts are normally above board.If it was rear Admiral Glynn making the points then I would say he had gone adrift, and I would shout to him ahoy.
At the moment Simon needs all hands on deck for this job which needs to be carried out ashore as quick as possible. Therefore the reply coming back should be aye aye captain ;) and not to batten down the hatches. I for one wish him tally ho and say dont worry too much mate as I dont think they harbour a grudge  ;D ;)

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 06:43:54 pm »
but forgetting the negativity for a moment Simon.....

You did get the required number of people ..... so not everyone on here is negative...

;D ;D

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »
I agree, Simon there is no need to abandon ship as your posts are normally above board.If it was rear Admiral Glynn making the points then I would say he had gone adrift, and I would shout to him ahoy.
At the moment Simon needs all hands on deck for this job which needs to be carried out ashore as quick as possible. Therefore the reply coming back should be aye aye captain ;) and not to batten down the hatches. I for one wish him tally ho and say dont worry too much mate as I dont think they harbour a grudge  ;D ;)

have you become a ad writer all of a sudden Paul ??

;D ;D

jasonl

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2011, 06:46:15 pm »

I hope so because back in 2010 he wrote this:
Boudicca has had problems with Noro Virus lately and this mass clean might be something to do with that. If so, I would urge everyone involved to make sure that they wash all of their clothing and scrub themselves down very thoroughly indeed. And wash down all equipment used on the ship before taking into another customers house. Theoretically you should not work in another public place, including customers homes etc  for at least 48 hours afterwards. Norovirus is a very virulent and particularly unpleasant illness.

And Glynn wrote this:
I hope you exhausted every portable's vacuum outlet to outside atmosphere !, otherwise youv'e just made all the germs airborne again.
This is where Truckmounts win over because they vent to fresh outside air. Same with decontaminating hospitals after an outbreak, you must not exhaust spent germ ridden air back into the building.

Like Simon says theres more to these jobs than you think and a particular way of operating.

The rest is on this thread from 2010 if anyone is interested
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=90314.120

Exactly what I was getting at.

Fair play for giving out work , I do too , and the payment does not come to me very quickly  at all resulting in bad feeling , best to just gear up and do it yourself if you can , HSS hire portables with the spec you want .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

elliott cleaning

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 06:51:11 pm »

.............I put the same post on Truckmounters and strangely it hasn't been greeted with the same hostility. ;D

Simon

I guess, predominantly a different ilk of membership, Simon