JandS

Re: TM v portable
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »
If I was to go down the TM route think I would
go for the Prowler.
Punches it's weight and is removable.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

mark_roberts

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 04:59:46 pm »
So has any one actually compared say the jag with heat to a small TM for domestic work.

For commercial bar work TM rules but I dont do that so not looking for that comparison.

Mark

Doug Holloway

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »
Hi Guys

The  big difference I noticed when going TM was that achieving a really good job was much easier as well as quicker.

I do not get the aches and pains as before and miss trhe rush hour home, all helps to make life a bit easier as the years roll on !

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 06:06:53 pm »
If I was to go down the TM route think I would
go for the Prowler.
Punches it's weight and is removable.

John

Yes, but it is very limited in its application, espcially if you're thinking of doing commercial work. I think most sweitch to a TM because they want to broaden out the kinds of work they can take on.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »
Tm for me equals speed and dry I have a Jag and it's not as fast or as dry like for like but it costs approx were 5 cheaper the Tm is still cheaper than staff quality of clean is down to the cleaner so to answer Mark's question with another question, "how fast do you want to clean?"

Shaun

petermaybury

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 09:28:11 pm »
the problem with subject like this is that every thing is looked on as an us and them situation but as Simon has said we are all portable users. Before I had a truckmount I can remember at leat 20+ hwe machines that I have owned. I have modified and improved and also have years experience at using several different truckmounts. The problem is that you do not see very much difference in performance but the difference is vast. If you are running a machine from 2 plugs the maximum constant load that you can run is 5 H.P..
I do not know where anybody went to school but that is a vast vast difference to 20+ h.p.. I just fail to see how anybody can really get taken into that the perfomance is comparable in any way. Truckmount owners are speaking from experience not hearsay.
It does not matter what advances have been made there is a vast difference.
I find it hard to believe that with the opportunities you have with the members of this forum to seee equipment in action that people still insist on putting up stupid aguments.
If do not have a truckmount then you are seeing only one side of the coin quite obviously people are not going to call you up to tell you that they are only going to use truckmount operators, so you are quite obviously you are only going to meet the people that have no objection to the equiment that you advertise.
If we say that we have compared on thing against another then we get all ther people that use  (say rotary against a crb for aggitation) then all the rotary users are posting as if we have just called their mothers prostitutes.
I believe that the forum is a fantastic source of information for all but I do think that a lot of things are reacted to in a very childish manner. If I had seen a forum like this before it would have saved me a very lot of expensive mistakes.
Some people on here have a vast experience of lots of diferent equipment and people should really sit back and think constructively about what is being said instead of treating posts like some sort of personal insult.
If andbody ever wants to compare one system against another then I am more than happy to show anyhthing that I have.
I do not know everything and do not have the best equipment but I am always trying to improve. I would be happy if my bussiness could always afford to buy the best and that is what I will keep aiming for. The better your equipment and your talents the less competition you will have.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com][url]www.carpetcleanercardiff.com[/url]

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »
I agree with what Peter says , with the additional  view that as well as bigger more powerful equipment doing a better job  this does not always mean more profit. 

Who would leave an employee in charge of a 30k TM even after training , who would leave an employee in charge of a £500 buffer , most people.     
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 09:45:16 pm »
I would imagine a buffer could do some damage too in a house, in untrained hands  :)

Andrew

Billy Russell

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 10:26:21 pm »
blimey peter, don't you spout on!!!!!!!!!! I had to read that in 2 halves, i fell asleep!!!!!!! ;D ;D

to save everyone a bit of reading, what peter is trying to say is, TM is better than portable, end of!!!!!!!!!! If you want to see the difference, speak to him!!!!!!!

See, that would have saved you loads of typing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:22 pm »
I skipped the long post. (I always do) I like a person who can summarize efficiently,well done Billy.... ;D

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 10:48:09 pm »
£500 rotary do £25k pa
£30k tm do £60k pa

You do the maths on which creates the best ROI ;D
Right I'm off to bed before I get my post verbally kicked to death ;D ;D

john martin

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 10:50:27 pm »
[quote  author=petermaybury

If you are running a machine from 2 plugs the maximum constant load that you can run is 5 H.P..

[/quote]

5 max  on the one circuit ?
5 = 3700 watts
using one house circuit per cord you could double that .

John Kelly

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 11:07:06 pm »
I don't get this "you need a truckmount if you are doing big commercials" it basically cuts down on time no matter what size job you are doing. For big commercials get the buffer out. A lot of them are out of hours anyway so the noise is a factor.

robert meldrum

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 12:05:31 am »
£500 rotary do £25k pa
£30k tm do £60k pa

Why would the rotary operator only do £25k ?

Jim_77

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:51 am »
let the kicking commence!

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:39 am »
£500 rotary do £25k pa
£30k tm do £60k pa

Good question Robert..... I work a lot quicker than a truckmount can..... I did a job for an ex member of this forum, and when I had finished he said that he would only just have got the TM warmed up....

Colin Day

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 08:14:27 am »
[quote  author=petermaybury

If you are running a machine from 2 plugs the maximum constant load that you can run is 5 H.P..

5 max  on the one circuit ?
5 = 3700 watts
using one house circuit per cord you could double that .

[/quote]

More John, more... Your posts have been helping me with my insomnia ;D

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 12:24:18 pm »

It was just a figure, it could just have well been any figure even as low as £10k if need be.
The point being ROI is far better with a rotary, that doesn't mean a rotary is suitable for every job. My first method of attack is HWE but sometimes there's no need for that and if a rotary gets the job done then rotary it is.
But anyway I'm never going to argue that portable is better than TM because it's not, but a portable is cheaper to run and if you're organised as quick to set up as a TM.

jasonl

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »
No one can ever deny that a TM is better if the question is which sucks best ,and pumps out the hottest water most consistently , any TM would win every time .

If the question is which is the most convenient, profitable ,user friendly , then the TM can be beaten in most scenarios
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paul Moss

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »
Yawn...................