woodman

Carpet Cleaners Day Out 2005
« on: November 29, 2004, 06:34:33 pm »
With christmas approaching our minds might be focused elsewhere at present but I would like to gauge opinion once again on the possible next 'Carpet Cleaners Day Out'.

Lots have asked if I would be organising one again and after the run away success of the last one in Watford where Nigel W and the good gentlemen of A&M ensured that a fantastic day was had by all it would seem a shame not to.

The turn out on the day did take us all by surprise so I thought it best if this time we gave plenty of notice and depending on the numbers decide on the best venue (will have to check with A&M on availability).If we can not arrange something through A&M then a possible hall or hotel venue will be arranged where a charge will have to be made.

What started out last year as a local get together turned into a some thing altogether diffirent with carpet cleaners travelling from Ireland,Scotland and even some from Leicester ;D

So  some guys may want to stay overnight so possible Hotels and prices will have to be checked.If you all stay at the same hotel for instance we can get a discount.

It may seem a long way off but March 2005 would be the seem to be the favoured date.

Remember this event is run by carpet cleaners for carpet cleaners regardless of time served so is an excellent opportunity for new starts and possible new starts to mix and chat with the experts,put faces to names and there will also be a Carpet Cleaners Boot Sale so you might even pick up one or two cheap goodies ;D

Are you up for it? what are your views?

let me know.

Dynafoam

Re: Carpet Cleaners Day Out 2005
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 06:56:42 pm »
St. Trevor,

What an excellent idea  :D

Judging by the crowd that showed up at Watford, a larger venue may be required, though a visit to A & M is in itself an enjoyable experience.

Regarding the date, it would be well to ensure that it did not clash with the NEC show, especially in the busy month of March.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 07:01:00 pm »
I’m up for it.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:21:35 pm »
The reason the Watford event was so well attended was the Recoil was there.  But is was also an excellant day as they have an excellant set-up.  Worth the trip from Belfast.

I've travelled over for several sunny day out type events but they all must have one thing in common. 

That is something to draw people to it to make the trip worth their while.  I would suggest organising all the different cleaning systems to be there at once.  Not the suppliers just cleaners with their own gear and we can all have a try and make comparisons.  Or how about a mini training course on stain removal etc etc. 

Just to get together for a chin wag wouldnt appeal to me.

Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:39:37 pm »
Trevor a great idea but can it be held in the centre of the country (Birmingham may be) so it makes travelling fair for every body

paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

woodman

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 07:48:32 pm »
Hi Mark,

That tends to happen anyway, most machines TM & portables will be on show and we will no doubt see what this new eclipse is all about ;)

Hi Paul,

I'm open to all comments and views, the reason it was held in watford was because as I have said it was originally for local (London and home counties) carpet cleaners.

littlejack

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 08:15:18 pm »
Manchester is excellent in spring

Michel Roberts

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 08:35:42 pm »
Yep
I,ll Come, London suits me personally but as has just been said Bermingham way does seem fairer.

Michel

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 09:11:54 pm »
Michel

Birmingham wont we need to take the biometrics (ID) cards north of the gap ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

dave401uk

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 10:22:13 pm »
ALL SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DAY OUT TO ME, BE IT WATFORS OR BRUM, ID LOVE TO BE THERE

DAVE
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 10:24:42 pm »
Add me to the list of definates ;D

jacko

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 10:48:56 pm »
I'm interested....

eclipse

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 10:54:03 pm »
count me in for a bit of that
would be nice as other people have said to hold it more in the middle of uk to make travelling a bit fairer  ;D

Derek

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 08:04:34 am »
Trevor

Someone has mentioned the Cleaning Show in March at the NEC.
Why not speak to Uncle Ken (the Marigold man) about a possible venue and tack the meeting onto the Show? ... everyone will be up at the NEC anyway and could make it without too much difficulty

Just a thought........

Cheers
Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 09:53:33 am »
Derek,

Thank you Sir, I've waited all my life to be 'someone'.  ;D

woodman

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2004, 02:04:18 pm »
Hi Derek,

Yes might be an idea

I have heard today from guy who runs a leaflet distribution company who might be willing to attend (depends where it's being held) and explain all.

Leaflet distribution has been one of the major topics on the board so I think it will be very useful to have this guy there.

He will be able to answer all our questions, and explain pro's & cons of various forms of leaflet drops from solus to paper share,costs etc.

Derek

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 05:06:58 pm »
But Big Brother

Of course you are 'someone'.... a very important someone to the people who read all your technical imput on the forums.

When I grow up I want to be like my big brother  ;)  ;D

Derek

adl

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2004, 05:09:20 pm »
Count me in any excuse to get away for a day,

regards Dave ADL

Phil Marlor

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 09:49:05 pm »

Me & Mark Betts will be there when its organised.

Definately get the leaflet man there.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Dynafoam

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 10:29:41 pm »
When I grow up I want to be like my big brother   

Derek,

Bet you grow up before I do  ;D ;D ;D

Michel Roberts

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 10:30:22 pm »
Len,

That day is coming. According to the newapapers Yesterday failing to get one of the proposed national ID cards will result in a £2000.00 fine.

Michel

kerrmiddleton

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 10:31:39 pm »
hi i loged on a couple of weeks ago and enjoying site very much ,would be very happy to come down south and met othere  journeymen and women in the trade
it will be like going on ncca,iicr courses where everyone has some thing in  common , look forward to hearing more info kerr middleton ,Edinburgh C&W cleaning services

Derek

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2004, 07:30:47 am »
John

Having just past yet another milestone just last weekend I know you are right ....dammit  ;)  ;D

Derek

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2004, 08:31:01 am »
Woodman,

Two comments;

Firstly With no disrespect to our northern friends keep it local i.e London or very near.
(I know the northern lads have a meeting near Preston.)
IMO one of the biggest failings of the NCCA is its lack of a branch network.
Secondly the obvious time to meet up with everyone is at the NEC exhibition ,BUT do not try to combine the two things.

Hope I have'nt offended anyone but I just think 3 local meetings , London, Midlands,North and possibly a fourth in Bonnie Scotland , makes more sense.

Cheers,

Doug

Dynafoam

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2004, 10:26:37 am »
Trevor,

I have to agree with Dougs comments. I am sure that there are others in the various regions who would be willing to make similar arrangements and an over-large informal meeting can create communication problems of its' own within that meeting.

Though many of the interested parties will be at the NEC, perhaps one extra event would lead to too crowded a schedule?

woodman

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 06:45:12 pm »
Interesting points raised, Doug & John

If one is organised up north then it makes sense to keep ours in the south to south midlands.

Once again at this very early stage the response has been fantastic so we shall have to see ;)

I have communicated with Nick at Solutions and asked if he could attend with his new eclipse and also explain about MS with a possible training course in their application and proper usage, glad to say he has agreed.And before some of you say 'well he's a supplier'. I think and know others will agree ,that the use of MS has become a hot topic thats needs discussing further, especially for new starts.

Nick stayed away from A&M last year as he thought it was best (it would not have made any diffirence if he had have turned up) so an invitation this time round I believe was only right and proper considering all the help and advice he has given over the past 12 months or so. After all Steve Carpenter came to Watford last time round and we were all pleased to see him especially those who needed some explaination about CFR ;)

I am trying to twist the arm of some 'others' that may be of interest on the day and will let you know of any developments.

stevegunn

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2004, 07:04:16 pm »
So does that mean us from up north cannot attend your day out ???

Derek

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 07:09:19 pm »
Doug

Just to correct you on one point ..the NCCA do run Branch meetings from time to time in the various regions...Non members are always welcome

Derek

woodman

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2004, 07:14:36 pm »
 ;D ;D

of course not steve, everybody is welcome.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 09:01:33 pm »
Derek,

Let me know when the next one is and God willing I'll attend.

Cheers,

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 09:06:55 pm »
I'd have liked one at or near the NEC to see our Southern Softy friends, I think if we could have a single meeting place it would be bigger and better with more to show and more to talk about from a Carpet Cleaning point of view not just a cleaning point which will be in the NEC.

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 09:09:34 pm »
I'd have liked one at or near the NEC to see our Southern Softy friends, I think if we could have a single meeting place it would be bigger and better with more to show and more to talk about from a Carpet Cleaning point of view not just a cleaning point which will be in the NEC.

Shaun

Agree totally Shaun the more the better

Doug Holloway

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 09:16:27 pm »
Shaun/Steve,

I'll see if the 'Essex Boys' can operate that far north.

Cheers,

Softy Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 09:44:11 pm »
You don't get nose bleeds if you come further than Watford!

And your hands don't stop being soft either!

Shaun

Doug Holloway

Dynafoam

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 11:13:54 pm »
Doug,

Do you think we'd need a passport, as well as our thermal underwear?