Glynn

Re: them and us
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 10:38:57 pm »
The Truckmounters site is aimed at TM operators. Its name does suggest this doesn't it ?
As for signing up, the site was operating in maintenance mode earlier and is now fully open again.
Regards
Glynn

clive

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 11:06:58 pm »
hi glynn,
What is the website called.

Clive

Glynn

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 11:08:08 pm »
Hi Clive,
How are you ?

Sorry cant allow links to other Forums.

But we have allowed disscusion.

Very reasonable.

Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 11:10:50 pm »
Yes, you do have to own a Truck Mount to be accepted as a member of TruckMounters although anyone can look in on the site at the moment, but that will change shortly. You don’t have bricklayers in the National Association of Funeral Directors, do you? And while there is this constant bickering between the two factions, Truck Mounters and the porty brigade, why not have a clean break and create a forum where we can all be in a group of like minded people who share a common cause. There is nothing superior in that notion, just the usual paranoia on your part.

Simon Gerrard
  (moderator please delete if this reference offends)

BRSL

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 11:18:45 pm »
S.O.C

id hate to get into the debate about the best, if your looking for the wow factor Hydramaster wins hands down, ive always had a taste for quality not saying that any other machine is C*** there all good now esspecialy the new woodbridge but Hydramaster has had years more development time "I think" and it shows the build quality is amazing,

Geoff as a TM owner I feel sometimes I have to talk with words wrapped in cotton wool as not too offend any porty owners so isnt it right to have a forum where we can express ourselves freely, although how often do we get put down do you here us complaining, as for regestering I dont think you have to own a TM, it's obviously aimed at TM's but surely any members are welcome and all info appreciated, you dont even have to be in the CC industry to give good relevant advice on all these forums.

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 11:32:20 pm »
Pile profile

I have tried several times unsucessfully to get on truckmounters website. I register then choose a password. A notification is sent to my e-mail then i use thin link and put in user name and password. Nothing, so i try password reminder.  Nothing

I get the impression im "persona non grata" on there

Dave

spinnaker

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 11:40:56 pm »
You've got the truckmount maybe you have got "previous"

BRSL

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 11:47:27 pm »
S.O.C you have to use your real name and fill in most requests like location have you tried this

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 12:02:10 am »
No thank's, i'll try this tomorrow.

Dave

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 12:02:31 am »
Ive just woken up.

and remembered its against Forum rules to give out rival Forums locations.

So I suggest anyone who is interested makes a note of the details.

Hope its not going to be a LONG NIGHT SHIFT TONIGHT ??? ??? ??? ???

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 12:16:12 am »
Gotta say that the ninja at the other end of a fifty foot hose in a domestic environment renders a truckmount as a pointless overspend due to the heat, suction and waterflow available at the toolhead and The Pro500 cfr with its amazing tooling and massive airflow ability also acheives as good a job. That being the case WHAT is the point of having a truckmount only forum. We might just as well have a debate about whether Spaghetti is better than Penne pasta. ;D

In a domestic environment (where theres more money, less hassle, less waiting for pay and daytime work) you've got to be a bit short up there to buy a truckmount ::)

Stirring
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:35 am »
As i sead before in this debate you do not have to spend £20,000 in order to clean a carpet. And as for running costs i do not paye for the electricity i use
while cleaning someons carpet or upholstery, THEY DO

Take Care John

Dave Parry

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 09:24:17 pm »
Alan,
As a t/m owner who does 3 to 5 mainly domestic jobs daily (and who also has a Ninja) I do not consider myself a bit short up there. I used my ninja to pay for my truck mount, but I would now rather watch day time tv  than use it.
A t/m is not the be all and end all, but for me it its the best solution. If I worked in london or other city then it would probably be a pain, but I dont.
Its quicker on most jobs, hotter and leaves carpets drier. I dont have to constantly fill and empty, and its more reliable. I also dont consider myself superior to other cc's whatever equipment they use.
PS I used to use upto 75 foot of hose on my Ninja, and did curtains with it aswell,  the van knew its way to Dartford VERY well, I have had a couple of problems with my t/m none of which stopped it from cleaning, all were sorted over the phone promptly. I suggest you engage brain, before operating mouth in future.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

BRSL

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 09:48:41 pm »
And as for running costs i do not paye for the electricity i use
while cleaning someons carpet or upholstery, THEY DO

Your missing a sales point there  ::) ::)

Oh and Alan spegetti wins every time as long it's big and load and goes grrrrrrr grrrrrrrr wooooooosh  ;D ;D
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

cleaning co

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 10:42:38 pm »
I GO WITH ALAN ON THIS ONE ;D

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 10:56:24 pm »
It is a known fact that men who brag they have a big one usually only have a little one :)
I really despise this them and us business,at the end of the day we are all carpet cleaners,and I know of many porty owners that acheive as good results as a tm.
There are pros and cons for both systems,but they both clean carpets perfectly well.
John

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 11:08:12 pm »
Dave,  :o
Was it something I said ;D

Dont burst a vessel over it. Carpet cleaning is carpet cleaning. Was your ninja the top spec or a 135 infact I dont want to know because I gotta tell you this cfr pro 500 with cfr tooling beats a truckmount hands down. Why? If I can match the airflow and flushing power of a truckmount at the tool head and combine it with ozone to instantly break down anything organic while NOT caning off loads of chems AND achieve all this at anything from a quarter to a half the cost of a truckmounted system AND without emptying a local reservoir once a month then I would be a short up top not to see the obvious.

Know what I mean ;)

Alan

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 11:14:33 pm »
And if you're watching daytime TV as well as doing 3 - 5 jobs a day, there's no way you're prevacuuming ;D

spinnaker

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21:10 pm »
david beat goliath......but the odds were against it!

Dave Parry

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 11:23:11 pm »
Wasn't bursting anything, and even though you dont want to know, it was a 135psi        ( 400 were not available at the time), with solvent kit, auto fill, auto pump out and uprated vac motors, 75 foot of hose, 60 feet sovent hose. Great machine, not a patch on my Boxxer. cfr are great if you like cleaning with dirty water. Didn't say I watched daytime tv, just preferable to using a porty. No I dont pre vacuum, dont believe its nessesary for domestics.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html