Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive

Re: them and us
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 11:24:00 pm »
Hi Glynn,

Hope you are keeping well!
I'm fine thanks and just about to have a look at the truckmounters site.
Are you going to the Carpex exhibition this year?

Alan,
Have you actually tried using a truckmount.I think you would be amazed at the power compared to the two systems you are talking about.

Clive

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 12:07:32 am »
Dave,

When you had your little Ninja you had a Stemate did this not help to leave the Carpet Dry.

Congratulations on getting 5 jobs a day.

Are you still have your chap putting out leaflets.

Can understand why you would not want to stop and refil.

CLIVE

Have you still got your Bane.  Never got my head round how an Electric Truckmount can have more power as I understand it The power of prtables is limited by the amount of electric you can draw through a plug.

But I do not know?

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 09:22:49 am »
Clive, despite not having used a truckmount I KNOW that they are without doubt the most powerful. However, what gets you to work quicker in traffic, a Bentley or a BMW?
Think about it

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

cleaning co

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 09:52:07 am »
i think (and allways will)  if u do domestic its madness to shell out all that cost for a truckmount, use the best  porty u can find to its full advantge, u will not earn less u will earn more, u will not take longer than a truckmount to do jobs in some cases u will be quicker ,u do not need any higher psi than 200-400 psi to clean a domestic carpet  so y would u want one that whacks out 1200-3000 psi ? total over kill, heat on a certain porty can hold steam at 100ft hose !! how hot do u need it ?  y pay out for disel or petrol when u use custy eltric? y drive a huge van when u only need one third size? only use half the petol cheaper insurance, cheaper matinace , stop n think about it for a min  if a truckmount gos wrong it can cost big time , whats a porty cost to fix ?   y would u want to pull a 2" hose when a 1.5" is much easyier ,and not using a porty at 100ft plus of hose is a myth, i am proof of that  and i say again u will not earn more with a truckmount but u might hav to find more work to pay for it !!!   a truckmount for a domestic firm is OVER KILL FULL STOP  THINK ABOUT  HOW MUCH YOUR OVERHEADS INCREASE BY BUYING A TRUCKMOUNT ITS BIG TIME ITS NOT A SELLING POINT FOR YOUR WORK NO WAY A CUSTY DONT GIV A HOOT AND AINT GOT A CLUE ,THINK SMART, WORK SMART

BRSL

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 01:04:54 pm »
Gary not a selling point, WE DONT USE YOUR WATER OR ELECTRIC like the others, I think thats a pretty good seling point  8)

I Love this banter about TM vs Porty it makes for great entrtainment, better than eastenders I tell the misis,

But it's down to technological changes, the evolution of carpet cleaning, if you wanted a chipy to come and hang a door for you you wouldent expect him to turn up with a flint axe youd expect the 24v DeWalt to come out

But Alan you should become a sales man as youve nearly sold me with CFR, only as back up for the jobs when I cant use my TM of course, If CFR are at Carpex im leaving my wallet in the van

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

spinnaker

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 02:30:17 pm »
A truckmount will give you at least an hour a day extra free time or another job

Selling your service comprises of all the things you said when you had a portable plus you explain the additional benefits of a truckmount

The customer percieves your investment as being able to provide a better service, (real or not) this should equate to at least an extra job a week.

Physically,  not lifting machines, carrying buckets of water and working harder with the wand will protect your back.

I have owned a secondhand t/m 5 months if someone told me i had to go back to a portable I would seriously consider doing something else.

;D

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 03:57:01 pm »
I totally agree. It is all about peoples perceptions, and they appreciate your investment. It doesn't mean that the job will be carried out any better, but i think in time, you will find that tm ownership will increase to such an extent that people will request this.

Remember, some products and services may take off straight away whereas others may take a lot longer. TMs have been in this country for around 20 years i would think, but ownership is increasing steadily, so in a few years everybody will know what one is, especially with slick advertising from TM owners telling people about it.

If you can't beat em, join em, and i did.

Dave

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 05:13:30 pm »
Noones answered my question.

How can a Bane be more powerful than a Scorpion,

or garys Ninja

Alan I am confused I thought you had just got a new ninja.

Martin S

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 06:52:03 pm »
Spinnaker,

You based in MK by any chance?
Martin

Karl Wildey

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 07:00:56 pm »
I always repeat myself when it comes to the TM debate, but here I go again. If you've never used/owe a TM how can you comment on its running costs, cleaning or usage.

And horses for courses, some areas and jobs are best using a porty, not a TM.

Mines only a small one, but the housewives love it and still like the size of my tool.

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 07:17:45 pm »
What a load of garbage i have been doing this job for for over ten years and i have never been asked do you have a T M most people would not know what you were
talking about. And wye should they, all they want is a carpet cleaned, after all thats
what you advertise as being able to do, and so long as you carry out that task
corectly, and to the custys delight sureley thats thats enough.

Take Care John

P S Most of my work comes from repeat, and word of mouth GET MY POINT

spinnaker

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 08:48:34 pm »
1. Customers that have had truckmount cleans before do ask! FACT!

2.Truckmount owners often advertise they have a t/m so customers are slowly becoming more aware, the internet puts more info across and again the customers understanding grows FACT!

3.ten years in,  repeat / word of mouth /  obviously doing a good job immaterial to the porty / truckmount arguement......unless they lose your number and accidently use a truckmount company ............get my point!

(only had my t/m five minutes so all the benefits are all fresh)

This is good fun isn't it ?

Paul

Dave Parry

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 09:07:22 pm »
Ian, I had a steammate, but rarely used it, Have since sold it. Yes still use a guy to leaflet, not only for me, he does upto 3 or so others and is self employed. Do stop and refil, usually at lunch time, go home, eat sandwiches while van fills up.

Cleaning co, just because the speedo reads upto 160 mph doesn't mean you drive at that speed, same thing with a t/m pressure guage, it is possible to turn it down. I clean at 400psi. The difference is the amount of water my system will deliver at that pressure, a lot more than a porty, and it WILL also recover it. Regarding the van, I run a Toyota Hiace, not the biggest by any means, and I get 30 MPG out of it, so economical as well. As  i said my porty bought my t/m, but I would not wish to go back to using it.
seems top me that t/m users usually have started out using portys, so they know the pit falls, and the odd advantge a porty has, the vast majority of porty users have never even used a t/m let alone owned one.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

cleaning co

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 09:10:00 pm »
you lot  talk load tosh wake up for gods sakes ::) u live in little world of flyimg pigs and pixeys  ???

craigp

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 09:10:12 pm »
spinnaker, i agree, great fun this ;D  but you say custys becoming more aware,

there not interested,

we are because its are job,  i can tell you now if i ask my custys what a TM is they say a truck what?

they dont even know how a porty works..  they think we shamphoo it or somthing. many people only have carpets cleaned rarely so i my experience often dont remember how the last c/c cleaned there carpets just that "he had a machine thingy"   ;D :)

craigp

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2006, 09:14:16 pm »
and to them you got a machine thingy just like my machine thingy only yours is  truck thingy one.

lol ;D

cleaning co

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 09:16:49 pm »
well said craig, if id brougt a truckmount id spout sxxxt just  so i wouldnt look silly in buying it, wake up smelll the bacon guys !!! ::)

spinnaker

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 09:22:40 pm »
If you have got a portable you have gotta believe everything you just said!

Imagine they did a search on yell looked at couple of sites one screaming they had a truckmount  the other with a little "fisher price" toy machine who do you think they would use ?

(oops that was a bit strong, sorry)

craigp

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 09:25:39 pm »
nooooo,  they just think your machine s in the van mines not.

craigp

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2006, 09:29:15 pm »
talk to custys about a machine it bores them to death, there thinking "borriiin, immm wants for tea tonight"
 ??? ??? ???