Re: Why don't they phone?
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 07:41:36 am »
Hi Colin

I rarely have a problem and when I do I'm glad it's flagged up. I think it's the tone you put it across that makes it work.

Don't get me wrong I still have glitches and people cancelling, but I feel these are likely to be genuine cases.

clinton

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 07:47:09 am »
Mike

Bebo ;)

Looks like i missed something then ;D

Ricky M

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 08:07:00 am »
Shaun tut tut calling ppl tight , you ate & drank for free ( smooth )

Len you surprise me I thought you would of been in the blackberry evolution .

Clinton , think you need to look at your diff levels of communication with new and old clients .
mind you saying this this there was I guy at the CCDO meet who aint advertised his biz for 15 years but still going strong via word of mouth .
I will be joining the BB thingyo next week  :P.
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Dennis

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 08:47:53 am »
I remember 3 or 4 years ago turning up to a job for a regular customer and she said "I'm sorry I'm going to have to cancel today, my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly during the night in hospital".
Quite rightly the last thing on her mind was the carpet cleaner arriving at 9.30!
As someone said excrement happens.

Len Gribble

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 07:11:04 pm »
Shaun

Calling me tight OK I can live with that. ;D

Ricky

Are you the same person who Shaun handed money too on Sunday. 8)

Blackberry new kid on the block, once had trio palm about 10yrs ago done more or less the same thing. :)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 09:12:28 pm »
There's a lot of people getting uptight about cancellations/no-shows.

Yes it can be annoying at the time but lets be honest unless you are a "Billy-no-mates" how many times has it happened to you.

For me probably about twice a year.

When it does rather than sulking I just think something like "yippee! I have some "me" time to do what ever i like". Or more likely find I am not running so late in my diary or I can get home early and catch up on the never-ending paperwork.

Either way, think positive. You probably wouldn't have liked working for that client. And sometimes, just sometimes in that downtime the phone will go for a real emergency job (and which is highly profitable) and you can say honestly "yes madam, I've just had a cancellation and can be with you in a few minutes.

It's what you make of life!
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 09:31:46 pm »
Ricky people felt sorry for me that's why I got it all for free, they know how poor I am and they are trying to feed me up ::)

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:46 pm »
Booked a job in 3 weeks ago and it was from a job i was doing in the street where they lived.

Went did the quote 10 pounds worth of work and booked it it after having a look.

Day before the job was due got a text saying can i leave the job till the next week as they wernt well and could i do it(tmorow)and could it be done at 12 oclock,anyway half way throught the apprentice a text came through saying can we call it off again as they said it not a good time.

Must say didnt have a good feeling about them and the job so am not going to arrange another job as a bit longer notice i could have booked another job in ::)

Thought i deserved a phone call..