derek west

Re: Truckmounts
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 09:00:26 pm »
clinton

place the photo you want to upload on your desktop, (its easier that way)
click on additional options
then click browse
window pops up
highlight your picture
click open
and the path should appear in the attach box,  then post.
lemon squeezy
derek
ps.now theres no excuse to add to my nice ta see ya thread.

clinton

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
Cheers derek going to get my girlfriend to try and load it up as am just no good with pc,s

Might do one after my workout in the gym ;)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 09:10:11 pm »
I've only had my rack and both tanks up and running for a few weeks, so the pictures haven't been posted anywhere.  I don't post pics on this forum either as I can't be bothered to move pics elsewhere first.

I really rate the Scorp set up that I have. As good as a T/M? No way if you you clean really dirty carpets ie hospitality sector, but with knowledge, experience and application of a COMPLETE cleaning system, it produce the highest quality results quicker than a conventional porty.  For my carpets and lengths of hose that I use, the dryness of the carpet is comparable with, for example, a Spitfire 3.2, but not as good as the new Boxxer 318, but it's not far out in experienced hands.

Because of the cables and connecting to water tanks, it takes a little bit longer to set up than a T/M, so is less productive than say a single small lounge when using it as a porty. But larger jobs do have a considerable time saving.

I don't use M Power as a frontline product, just as a problem solver. Had good results with it though on most fibres except bad polyprops, (one day I might persevere and make it work for me) I use a Green Woolsafe Approved non microsplitting detergent free product from a leading manufacturer. Woolsafe is important to me, especially as I do work for manufacturers and referals from upmarket retailers.

IMO, a Scorpion is the ideal tool as a T/M backup. You just use all the T/M hoses and tools, so that's less to buy and carry.
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

clinton

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 09:16:25 pm »
They sound a really good portie ken i know as when i spoke to joe hatton he praises them.

Like the idea of a set up it gives you if you want to run it from a van set up. :)

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 10:06:13 pm »
Ricky don't compare the performance of the Scorpion to truckmounts - it's an electric portable, not in the same league.

BUT

The way it's built, it has far more airflow than any other portable I've heard of, so it works differently.  As Ken explains, having it van-mounted is more of a convenience thing from the operator's point of view.

Ricky M

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 11:05:27 pm »
Cheers Jim & Ken all noted and taken on board ........so it looks like its TM after xmass then !!!

R.T
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

craigp

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 12:17:03 pm »
Portables are fine, next one i get will have to be 200psi at least though. mines 135psi and it just is not enough!

If your are really busy cleaning carpets then i would say get a TM, and if you are really busy you should be able to afford one too.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 08:10:24 pm »
I'm experimenting with the picture facility. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 08:14:29 pm »
Another view

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 07:58:10 pm »
go for it you ll never look back ! i live near ish you spend aday here and see if its for you or not ! i may even have a good unit for sale soon cheap !

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 08:03:49 pm »
ken, that Scorpion needs an auto pump-out and direct feed from an outside tap, that'll cut out them big clumsy tanks ;) ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 08:44:28 pm »
It'a always nice to see other people equipment :o somehow I think we've seen Ken's before!

Ken, what do you think to your Gloria sprayer? is that the plastic body one?

Shaun

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 11:59:25 am »
Shaun

The 5 litre Gloria sprayers (holds 6 litres btw) are light and easy to use and the components are just as durable as on my s/s versions.  Had one recently develop a pin hole in the cylinder so that one was scrapped and replaced. It was about 5 years old.  Dowding and Plummer had them for about £37.00 on their website but were £55ish in the shop.  I don't know if they've adjusted the web price yet.  I'm happy to stay with the Gloria.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

gwrightson

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 06:27:52 pm »
it amazes me how all of the pics on here of peoples vans and set ups look so neat and tidy,  :o

No matter how How I try to have things organised, no matter how often I tidy up , No matter whaT I,m carrying in my van.
I can never seem to keep on top of things ::)

What do you guys do?
Spend an hour on an evening, or are you not doing the work during the day? ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 06:45:13 pm »
Ken have you got their web address?

Shaun

mark shannon

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »
Ken nice setup where did you buy the hose ramp?

derek west

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 06:53:16 pm »
geoff
the answer is simple.
when you first set up in the business you take lovely photos of everything before youve even got any work, hence nice and tidy, you never really take many more photos as you keep using the first one you did, anyway thats the only time you'll see tidy vans, oh and once a year in summer when its really hot and youve got nothing better to do. think i speak for most van owners who are self employed, cc or any other business.
derek

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 07:01:13 pm »
geoff
the answer is simple.
when you first set up in the business you take lovely photos of everything before youve even got any work, hence nice and tidy, you never really take many more photos as you keep using the first one you did, anyway thats the only time you'll see tidy vans, oh and once a year in summer when its really hot and youve got nothing better to do. think i speak for most van owners who are self employed, cc or any other business.
derek

my vans are both flatout and there never anything out of place and is always neat and tidy want to know how to do it ????? its a simple women thing that most men cant do ! is put things back where they belong after you have used them ! its realy is that simple

clinton

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 07:05:41 pm »
Susan your right on that :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2008, 07:07:04 pm »
Only thing is Susan woman put things back in a different place! If I'm looking for something our home I asked the Mrs. "where's it living today?" she laughs but she knows it's true.

Shaun