Phil Marlor

Please explain.
« on: September 05, 2004, 11:59:39 pm »

I keep reading about how people used microsplitters in the past and did not like them.

Those same people now cant get enough of this product after trying them again only this time using them in the correct manner.

If this is the case what were you doing wrong originaly?

You spray on, you agitate, you rinse!!! ???

What could be more simpler?

I would like to know what the magic formula is, am I doing somthing wrong. ???

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

neil 47

Re: Please explain.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 12:11:59 am »
In my case Phil I was using to much and not agiting enough.

Neil
IICRC

scott.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 12:13:22 am »
what is a microsplitter ??? ??? ??? never heard of it!

Mark Betts

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 01:36:42 am »
Phil,

What are u saying?  You get good results from microsplitters, I have seen you in action.

I think though that you apply it too heavily  ;D ;D

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 02:32:05 am »
Scott, microsplitters work by loosening the soil binders so the soiling is easily rinsed off with plain water. One step  and Solutions are the two brands which I use and I find both products very good. Takes getting used to though but they do work very well.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 02:43:18 am »
I wish people would stop saying "takes some getting used to".

You spray on, then agitate, then rinse!!!

Where can you go wrong? How dose that take some getting used to?

Also if you apply too much, dose that mean it isnt working as well and why not?
Stevenage, Herts

Dynafoam

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 02:53:02 am »
Phil,

Plastering is easy - you slap it on, you smooth it out - perfectly smooth and level wall results. Try it

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 02:55:34 am »
I know loads of people with driving licences.............
Don't know more than a hand full of GOOD drivers   :-/

adl

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 02:56:06 am »
crikey john i thought i was the only one awake at this time
regards dave adl

Phil Marlor

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 03:01:27 am »

Obviously I am not going to get a reasonable answer on this one. :(

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 06:39:26 am »
I have not got a SeboDuo therfore was not aggitating to a high enough standard.

However the real answer is I still have stocks of other cleaning solutions that need using up then perhaps I will give an extensive trial to micosplitters subject to buy in quantities and carriage charges.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 10:15:46 am »
Phil, I've used microslitters (MS) on a number of jobs and got a rubbish result, If it was the first time I'd used MS I would have thought  MS were a load of crap and not used them again.

the fact is if I'd used conventional chemicals the result would have been just as bad.

in some ways i think this is why people tried them, then disgarded them,  they did'nt give them a fair trial.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 01:05:26 pm »
I'm just wondering here but it seems that the whole issue revolves around agitation. Could it be that those that are particularly impressed with microsplitters are the ones that never really gave that much importance to agitation when they were using 'traditional' products?

If you used a microsplitter in the same way as something like Prespray Gold (with mild agitation on heavily soiled areas) which would give better results? - Prespray Gold I would suspect. Now, if you used PG in the same way as a microsplitter (with something like a Sebo Duo) I also suspect it would perform better.

Maybe one good thing to come out of microsplitters is that people are now realising the importance of agitation.

As good as they may be, those that use them still seem carry the 'traditional' range.

Regards

Mike

scott.

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 04:35:37 pm »
cheers finton..must be an alltec thing.

Dynafoam

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 12:05:25 am »
Mike,

I too have wondered about how much some cleaners agitated prior to using micro-splitters.

For myself, having 'grown up' in carpet cleaning from the days when extraction power was very much less than is available today, I have always conducted each stage of the cleaning process to its' full extent.

Consequently I am sure that my comparison between MS and conventional is realistic.

However, I do still carry 'conventional products on the van. At the moment I am in the process of racking out and swapping to a new van. From the racks on one side I removed no less than 64 chemicals and have not touched the long shelves on the other side.

I doubt that I shall ever relinquish most of these old problem solvers, but would, as a generality, contest your statement regarding Traffic Lane Gold, excellent though it is.

Regards,

John.

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 02:51:11 am »
JB,
Although a junior in your ranks of carpet cleaning, i like your answer.
Realistic approach taken and REAL answer given.  8)
I carry 'traditional chemicals' but in a crate behind drivers seat ( where they are HARD to reach ). The only one i have called upon, in 8+ months, is Red RX.( killed 2 foot dried in TIZER stain on plain Green carpet recently )   :D
Solutions and Sebo Duo are making my life EASY and I like it................thats why i look/feel so young ;)

Dave Parry

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 03:11:22 am »
Sorry, but have to put my 2 pence worth in.
I use microsplitters on upholstery, like them alot.
I do not use on carpets.  Microsplitters make more work for me. I dont pre-spray / agitate, except on bad traffic lanes, where I use blitz and my sebo duo. But for MOST domestic carpets I find the majority of stains come out with normal cleaning. Why therefore at least double the work by spraying, agitating then rinsing.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Dynafoam

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2004, 04:47:18 am »
Dave,

We all work in a way that suits us. Micro-splitters do not, for me and some others, "double the work".

I would not say that they overall reduce the amount work either - just that they suit me well and perform well.

If you are happy with the products you use and the results they produce - Fine.

We really are not all the same.

Dynafoam

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2004, 04:50:30 am »
Chris,

Thank you kind sir  :D

What I want to know is why Solutions and Host do not make me look or feel young........................ On second thoughts, don't answer that  :(

John.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 12:41:47 pm »
I doubt that I shall ever relinquish most of these old problem solvers, but would, as a generality, contest your statement regarding Traffic Lane Gold, excellent though it is.

Unfortunately, I've not been in a position where it's possible to clean one half of a carpet with one product and the other half another.

How good one product is against another is very subjective but we both seem to agree that many people don't agitate enough regardless of the product.

It's difficult for me to comment because I don't clean enough carpets to get consistent results one way or another, but, although pleased, I've yet to be particularly impressed with the microsplitters I've used.

Regards

Mike