Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken Wainwright

Re: Please explain.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2004, 09:41:20 pm »
I find that microsplitting solutions have made my working life simpler. But like John, not easier, but certainly safer/healthier.

What works for me on all domestic carpets, regardless of soil degree or type and regardless of carpet fibre, is a Woolsafe microsplitter. For those who use a Sebo Duo for agitation, but occasionally use detergents, you must remember that the Host T6 I use offers superior but gentler agitation, which makes this practice a more viable option.

When I used to use detergents, I'd use a general purpose pre-spray such as Ultra Prep, A Woolsafe version such as Pre-Spray Gold, an agressive one like Prochem Enzyme Pre-Spray and possibly Multi-Pro for Pre-Spray and a spotting solution. I'd then have extraction solutions such as Dry Pro, Crystal Green, Liquid Woolsafe and Fabric and Fibre Rinse. Of all of these, on a regular basis I only carry Fabric and Fibre Rinse. As you can see, micro splitting has made life much simpler. I still hold my usual detergents in stock, but only pull them out for problematic commercial work. They don't normally perform better than M/S'ers, but may be quicker.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

dan_1

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2004, 10:05:17 pm »
how can useing to much ms hidder performance when on the bottle it says dilute 1-5 for heavy soiling

mark_roberts

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 12:32:10 am »
For the past week Ive been cleaning trashed rental properties.  All have cheap polypropolene (sp) carpets.  Ive been using a citrus based pre-spray at 10-1.  Dwell for a few minutes and extract with hot water or Formula 90.  Carpets like new.

I feel more confident in the overall cleaning result when using microsplitters on wool with agitation but for synthetics there are quicker options.

Mark

paul@ctcs

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 11:45:55 pm »
At 11pm tonight i'm cleaning a huge and totally minging synthetic snooker club/public bar carpet and its heavy duty solutions #2 v's prochem high force, both to be agitated using my rotary and rinsed at the same temps so results should answer a few questions.The fact that i wont need to use an acidic rinse with the micro splitter makes it 1-0 to them at the moment.

i'll report back when i can ease myself out of bed sometime tomorrow.

Paul

Len Gribble

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2004, 12:09:55 am »
Paul

Are you sure its synthetic in this type of environment? To many late nights perhaps! :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2004, 02:45:28 pm »
Hi Len, No quite sure and as you would expect its full of burn marks, a strange choice as you say for a pub/club i guess it was going cheap or carpet sales man had a job lot to shift.I have found on a number of occasions in my area people having the wrong carpet for there needs, some sales men obviously dont inform there customers very well.
The cleaning results when comparing heavy duty #2 against prochem's high force were rather boringly really close, both being pre-spayed,agitated equally and extracted at 60 degrees.I mixed the solutions to a 15:1 ratio and possibly over aplied when compared to the suggestions of light misting on this site. ( cant quite get my head around being so frugal and still achieving a good result, i'll try it tomorrow) the high force as recomended one scoop per litre. Both cleaning solutions gave good results on the general sticky soiling and the vast solid black tar like surfaces, these disolved with ease using the rotary to break them down. The advantage with the micro splitter was the pure water rinse as aposed to the acidic rinse with the high force so if the costs are taken into account #2 HD wins the shoot out.
But on another job on another type of soiling the outcome may well different.

Paul     zzzzzzzzz!

woodman

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2004, 05:47:11 pm »
Hi Paul

Just a word of caution, if its synthetic and you propose to clean as you say make sure it's not a Belguim Wilton first ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2004, 09:41:01 pm »
Paul

Although ms is my main cleaning agent, I will put my hands up I have not used ms in this type environment tying to use up old stock of mutipro only 40lts to go.

Regarding type of carpet as Woodman pointed out care if BW, also think it’s down to owner to know fire regulations not sale person.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2004, 10:39:54 pm »
Hi woodman, thanks for the warning but its not a belgium wilton, just run of the mill short pile tuft,latex bonded so was able to douse on plenty of pre spray and ample wand strokes needed to shift the lovely thick gunge i was faced with.

Paul

paul@ctcs

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2004, 10:55:43 pm »
Len, When you manage to shift all the multi pro, do give the solutions a go, it will be interesting to hear how you get on with it on really mucky commercial stuff.
i wasnt aware until i spoke to solutions nick that there was a heavy duty high alkalinity #2 and not heard it mentioned on this forum, but having used it recommend it  :)

Paul

Len Gribble

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2004, 12:14:04 am »
Paul

Being of another faith at this moment in time need to get rid of old stock, did try to sell it no takers, but will admit now converted.

Len