Pete Blackburn

Re: Why invest £'s when p's will do!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 12:57:24 am »
The guy really doesn't get it does he. As soon as you start selling on price you get more and more people who further object to the already cheap price. He will be a carpet cleaner to the dregs of society.

Is it better in terms of fuel economy, chems  and time to win 2 jobs out of 10 for a price of £500 or win all 10 totaling the same price? He won't understand this because he is clearly thick.

Your not in the margin game like a large manufacturer, so forget that concept. Your in the service industry where people buy trust, quality, reliability and likeability. You won't get more work charging less, you just open up a different sector of clients, that being - filthy poor dregs living in slum like conditions.

mr muzzy

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 07:34:20 am »
if you see his website he has false pictures - those pictures are done with a 'proper' wand, not the plastic one he has

also he says he steam cleans - but as far as i am aware that machine has not heat so can't acheive high temps

seems like some of you are being falsely tempted into the cheapo route - surprising what false marketing can achieve even when marketed to an 'educated' audience
you can see he has left a very wet edge on his wand strokes ,the carpet will be  wet  ???

derek west

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 09:20:29 am »
The guy really doesn't get it does he. As soon as you start selling on price you get more and more people who further object to the already cheap price. He will be a carpet cleaner to the dregs of society.

Is it better in terms of fuel economy, chems  and time to win 2 jobs out of 10 for a price of £500 or win all 10 totaling the same price? He won't understand this because he is clearly thick.

Your not in the margin game like a large manufacturer, so forget that concept. Your in the service industry where people buy trust, quality, reliability and likeability. You won't get more work charging less, you just open up a different sector of clients, that being - filthy poor dregs living in slum like conditions.

good post.

Hilton

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 10:48:42 am »
(I assume) He's not on benefits, he's not claiming welfare, he's putting a shift in.

If he's making a living with out ripping people off in the process, who cares.

His customers appear happy enough in the main and will not be calling you, as they are not your target market.

Good luck to him.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 11:43:53 am »
will not be calling you, as they are not your target market.

very common explanation, but who they would call if not him doing his cheap business ???

Hilton

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 12:16:18 pm »
somebody else at the price price

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »
somebody else at the price price

if no such a business around?
had many customers complaining on the price  but they could not find anyone much cheaper even there is many on half of the price. So not every customer is so despetate to save few euros and if theres noone else they can call they will call you.
Those cowboys only does not bother very expensive guys but bother most of average carpet cleaners.

petermaybury

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 04:20:29 pm »
It is a good job that we all do not buy on price or we would be cleaning nothing but polypropylene loop pile felt backs. That is not the case. One only has to feel the quality of the wand that that machine is supplied with to realize that it is not a quality professional machine. This guy obvious has not been trained and knows no better why even consider what these people are up to, if he knew what he was doing and was busy he would be using better more productive equipment.
I have a guy in our local who uses a rug doctor, charges Twenty quid to do a lounge diner and thinks he`s in the same industry as me.
Peter

jim mca

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 07:02:20 pm »
Read a article a while back about average price supermarkets (Tesco) being squeezed by the discount brands (aldi)
But the discount brands are not affecting the likes of Waitrose. Only trouble is there is not that many high end customers to keep every carpet cleaner busy.

*Hector*

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 08:21:04 am »
Hmmmm.... did the guy ask for criticism of his business model??

If it works for him, great... if it doesn't he will change... I am sure that he really does not care what anyone on here thinks, just as you should be concentrating on your business and not his.....

As has been said, his customers are not likely to be your customers. There are customers at all ends of the market... Maybe he likes the challenge of the minging polyprops and the job satisfaction of making them clean?

If he does a very good job and decides to raise his prices to what ~"you" think he should be charging, then you would be the first to whinge that he is taking your customers...

There is room out there for all types and price ranges... leave the guy alone....  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:09 am »
ok back to reality lads.

I don't know this guy and I don't care how many likes he has, but i can GUARANTEE you if he is charging them prices he'll not be making that much. He probably makes 600 - 800 (on a good week and he'll have to work like a dog for that) and thinks he's Richard Brandson.  

I'd love to see his face when he gets a van repair bill.

Going through his pics it looks like he's always cleaning cheap polys, no wonder he gets ok results with that heap of junk. My customers would send him packing if he introduced himself with that thing.

Yeah I'm sure your "customers" spend all they're time keeping up to date with the latest in carpet cleaning technology.  ::)roll

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 08:47:56 am »
Hector but his business model is to publicly (on the web)suggest that other carpet cleaners are over charging and ripping of people and that he give the same quality clean but at half the price. Do we not have the right to answer his allegations?

Of course he didn't ask for criticism, but I don't understand your point  Does anyone ask for criticism?? If we can only comment/criticise people who ask for it, then it would undermine our right to free speech. He has the right to say we over charge we have the right to respond.

But again like I said in my first post good luck to him, after all what he is saying is just marketing, I tell potential customers that some carpet cleaners leave a cocktail of chemicals on their carpets after cleaning & freshwater rinsing with RO water is the only true way to totally clean a carpet..... Again it's all marketing spiel, we all sell our own story to get the work
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*Hector*

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 09:10:47 am »
I agree Mike.... just wanted to stir it up a bit play devils advocate..  ;D

My website used to say that unlike other carpet cleaners who brag about their hose size... I didn't flood the carpets and attempt to suck it back out again...  :o

I also said that I used less than 25% of the total liquids left behind by the the other cleaners..  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(