petermaybury

Re: Water heater Is it a must for Carpet machines
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 03:27:21 pm »
Elfrin
there are loads of people that have been in the industry a long time that are still useless carpet cleaners. Science has laws that cannot be rewritten. Any house wife with just a small amount of common sense understands that heavily soiled items need to be washed at temperature. Yes there are cool temperature powders on the market but they are not as effective. Even the washing powder industry which is a multi billion pound industry does not have chemists that can reverse scientific laws.
I myself cannot understand anybody that has been in this industry for any amount of time that is
unable to get to grips with this.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com[/url]

Doug Holloway

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 04:41:02 pm »
Hi Guys

A scientific law is always right, if you can prove it wrong then it is not a law.

It is not like economics for example where 'laws' are flexible and as such are not laws!

It worries me that people are paying to go on courses where they are basically given a marketing angle and not proper science.

Cheers

Doug

AshWhite

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 05:02:25 pm »
As above - it hit home to me last week when I washed my terry cloths (covered in various soils from using for spotting). I put them on 40 degrees instead of the usual 30, and they came out like new - whereas normally they would be quite grey with various marks still on them.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Russ Chadd

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »
I prefer to work with hot water either by inline heater or my little Zeta, on some carpets when i extract with hot water (not warm) it seems to soften the fibres and allows the wand or hand tool to glide over the carpet better.
There are people who claim that extracting with hot water actually helps the carpets dry quicker.

Billy Russell

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »

there are loads of people that have been in the industry a long time that are still useless carpet cleaners.

You talking about yourself again Pete?

;D ;D ;D

Mattt

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 06:04:35 pm »
Hi Guys

A scientific law is always right, if you can prove it wrong then it is not a law.

It is not like economics for example where 'laws' are flexible and as such are not laws!

It worries me that people are paying to go on courses where they are basically given a marketing angle and not proper science.

Cheers

Doug

Totally agree with that one!  I think for carpets, you use as much heat as you can get away with depending on the fibre. New concepts most often, dont mean better!

john martin

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 08:41:35 pm »

' Microsplitters'  have become synonymous with the whole cold water cleaning thing ...

Does anyone have a link to a data sheet so we can see what its based on  ? ..

several suppliers selling ' microsplitter ' products  now ...  but not one data sheet to download

perhaps the 'cleaning system Uk ' chap might oblige  ?

Just curious  , i suspect its mostly sodium tripolyphosphate  as doug mentioned    ....   anyone   ? 

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:30 pm »
New data sheets dont list ingredients.

Its STPP though.

Full marks to those importing, blending, bottling and marketing it. The cost of 100kg is really low including import from China.

john martin

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 09:31:12 pm »
New data sheets dont list ingredients.

Its STPP though.

Full marks to those importing, blending, bottling and marketing it. The cost of 100kg is really low including import from China.

excellent , thats all i needed to know ...

so nobody has ' microsplitter ' as a trademark or whatever ..
wonder where the name originated from  ..    the UK im pretty sure anyway

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »
The first 'microsplitter' I can recall is One Step  & One Step fine line. I believed it was a CFR product possibly developed to go with their recycling machine but a little research has turned up this http://onestep-europe.de/english/index.htm I only recalled it because it was at the big cleaning show at the NEC years ago when the CFR pro was introduced to the UK. I have led a sheltered life  ;D so others might know better but it seems it's a european concept.

john martin

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:37 am »
  Hmm   ,  That looks like it could well be the original source alright .

Doug Holloway

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 08:16:28 am »
Hi Guys

There was a dispute if I remeber correctly between One Step and Gunter's version.

Wild claims were made for the effectiveness of the STTP based products and a whole mythology grew up around it.

I have been trying to give a more balanced view for years and it has not always made me popular.

STTP is well worth having in your cleaning arsenal, I particularly like Pureclean on upholstery, but don't throw away your detergents either, they work very well too.

Cheers

doug

clinton

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 08:28:29 am »
I first used the one step in the late 90,s..It took a while to get used to that product as was using powders up to then in the clean tank..

Elfyn

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:15 am »
Elfrin
there are loads of people that have been in the industry a long time that are still useless carpet cleaners. Science has laws that cannot be rewritten. Any house wife with just a small amount of common sense understands that heavily soiled items need to be washed at temperature. Yes there are cool temperature powders on the market but they are not as effective. Even the washing powder industry which is a multi billion pound industry does not have chemists that can reverse scientific laws.
I myself cannot understand anybody that has been in this industry for any amount of time that is
unable to get to grips with this.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com[/url]
Petter (is that how it's spelt?)
This is the second time that you've cast aspersions at me personally and at my abilities as a carpet cleaner. If you can't grasp the fact that there are alternatives to the way that you've worked for years, well that's your problem.
I'd also like to point out that I haven't needed to advertise for quite a few years and all my work is from personal recomendation. So, my customers, at least, are are please with the service I give.
It looks as if I'll be doing a job in Cardiff in a couple of weeks time. Why don't you come and see my work for yourself.
Additionally. The examples given of washing dishes and clothes apply only to the use of detergents. I agree, detergents need hot water. I DO NOT USE DETERGENTS.
Serveral posts suggest that I'm stuck in the past and carrying out the carpet cleaning equivalent of devil worshiping. Again, I would say that these people are the ones that are stuck in the past. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FUTURE
The future, in my oppinion, is detergent free.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:59 am »
I find that when I rinse my van after cleaning I get a better result with hot water.

So the same must apply to the rinse agent

I do not to be scientist to know this.

Go on a training course read a manual pass an exam all of which I have done.
Infact I cannot remember an exam questions which says cold water is best.

I think people who sell machines without an heating option are selling an incomplete product.

No doubt I will now receive emails from certain parties telling me I am speaking out of the top of my head and as a Moderator I should not make such post etc etc.

clinton

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 12:31:43 pm »
Take cover ian ;D

peter maybury

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:09 pm »
None of my post was aimed at you at all. I am not one of these idiots that has time to sprout on chapter and verse about things that I do not know about. I know nothing about you, where you are are based what equipment you use ore anything and could not give a flying f+++.
Why do you think there was any reference to you?
I do not have the time to become personal and childish myself. I do make a lot of spelling mistakes in a lot of my posts, I am ever so sorry that you have taken such offence. When you come down to Cardiff call over so I can put the teddy back in your cot.
Peter

www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Jim_77

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2012, 11:27:43 pm »
I love it when the Taffs get all hot under the collar!  There's nothing so entertaining as an angry Welshman ;D

Oops better watch my mouth, I'm going abroad to Wales in a week or so :D

Elfyn

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:45 am »
None of my post was aimed at you at all. I am not one of these idiots that has time to sprout on chapter and verse about things that I do not know about. I know nothing about you, where you are are based what equipment you use ore anything and could not give a flying f+++.
Why do you think there was any reference to you?
I do not have the time to become personal and childish myself. I do make a lot of spelling mistakes in a lot of my posts, I am ever so sorry that you have taken such offence. When you come down to Cardiff call over so I can put the teddy back in your cot.
Peter

If your comments weren't directed at me why did your post have my name on top (twice)?

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 03:06:03 pm »
to put another spin on it  cold water cleaning became very popular as porties got bigger eg triple vacs etc would it not be the case that many of the manufacturers embraced cold water cleaning so they could reduce the amount of power cables required.

just my opinion    PS i love heat and my tm