Johnny B

Re: nasty custy
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 03:02:20 pm »
I wouldn't be abusive to anyone. I just wouldn't turn up and park on somebody's driveway, because I wouldn't want it done to me. It costs nothing to be polite, although good manners are clearly too expensive for some.

And some of you wonder why customers have a go at you with the attitudes you have.

I wonder why I don't have these problems? Answer, because I treat people the way I would like to be treated.  :)

Rant over!

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DaveG

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 03:12:48 pm »
I always park on my customers drives if its easier to do the job, but then I always ask the first time i do them.
You can't polish a turd

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 03:21:24 pm »
if its a problem i always knock the door and ask if its ok to park on there drive and if they want it moved i will accordingley

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 06:31:26 pm »
I wouldn't be abusive to anyone. I just wouldn't turn up and park on somebody's driveway, because I wouldn't want it done to me.

What's wrong with using someones driveway? Sometimes there is no where to park anywhere else. To say you don't have good manners if you use someone's driveway borders on the offensive. Some of my customers driveways are so long I would need 300m of hose just to get round the house. I've never ever had anyone complain, if I wanted a window cleaner, of course he could use my drive if I had one. Where else is he going to park?  ???  ???  ???

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »
I parked on custies drive today and unrolled the hose walking around the back of the house. I got a shock when the owner comes out shouting at me "who are you?" whilst brandishing his shotgun! Now I got used to having firearms pulled out on me whilst in my last job ( I was a bailiff!) but didn't expect it window cleaning. He was so apologetic when he realised who I was. I can see why he did it though! I am 21 stone and have a mohican haircut which I find people find intimidating!

dave f

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:53:54 pm »
its a single track plus been doing them for 2yr hes a victor meldrew >:(

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »
U get them mate , its sad i know once per month you will always get a situation i had to walk away from a customer today too.

dave f

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 06:16:01 am »
 ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 01:07:11 pm »
WHAT CRAIG 72 SAID.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Johnny B

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »
I wouldn't be abusive to anyone. I just wouldn't turn up and park on somebody's driveway, because I wouldn't want it done to me.

What's wrong with using someones driveway? Sometimes there is no where to park anywhere else. To say you don't have good manners if you use someone's driveway borders on the offensive. Some of my customers driveways are so long I would need 300m of hose just to get round the house. I've never ever had anyone complain, if I wanted a window cleaner, of course he could use my drive if I had one. Where else is he going to park?  ???  ???  ???

1. Nothing, if you get permission first. 2. Thank you for letting me park on your driveway. When I find out where you live I can thank you face to face. You will not, after all, be offended.  ;D
If you haven't got a drive, where will I park?  ;D

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dave f

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 05:20:49 am »
have been doing his house for a while its the first time he said owt ???

Dale Smith

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 05:42:00 am »
He was probably having a bad day or just had bad news if he was ok before this..... I would have done the same as you Dave, so fair play to you.. ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Neil Gornall

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 08:45:04 am »
Pull up a sandbag it’s a long one....

A few years ago I pulled up at a job, the driveway is shared by 3 houses, 2 of which are customers, the 3rd is an old fella (about 70) who I often used to say hello and have a quick chat if he was outside.

I pulled up one day, new employee in the van showing him the round. We decided to stop for a quick cuppa, we had been there about 2 minutes when I saw the old guy walking up to the van, so naturally I said to my guy “open your window he wants a chat” BOY did I get a shock!
“Get this F...ing van off my drive”.  I was gobsmacked! I said "but its a shared drive and I need to park here to access your neighbours", he than ranted about it being his drive and he couldn’t get his car out, that was crap as there was enough room to reverse a train out.

I told him that if he had come to me and said would you move please as I don’t like you parking here I would have moved immediately, but as he had been so rude and I had every right to be there he could take a hike. He replied by saying he was going to get his son to come and move me, great I said, make sure he brings his mates. He then went back to his house and we started getting the gear off the van. It was all over, or so I thought.

I heard him walking back across the gravel so looked up to see him walking towards me with a golf club in his hand, I didn’t know whether to laugh or run as it was quite funny to see an old man, all red in the face, looking really mad but still wearing his slippers.

I told him to put it down and not to be so daft, he got right in my face and started threatening me, then he suddenly head butted me in the face. Well at this point I had had enough, my natural instinct was to knock him out but as he was so old I did not dare so I rang the police, when I told them he had the golf club it went as a weapons shout and within 5 mins 3 police cars with 6 coppers in full protective clothing turned up, for an old man in his slippers ha ha.

He stashed the club, the police thought next door but were unable to prove it so he got away with that, it all went to court and he got bound over to keep the peace for 6 months.

I still see him and it always makes me laugh.

gilbert

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 04:37:08 pm »
just smile and move on it works a wonder ::)

NBwcs

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 12:50:28 pm »
Hello Neil, not seen you about for ages, how are you? Does your golfing buddy live in Spalding?