patricia

public liability for domestic cleaners
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:27:17 pm »
Hi
Iam just starting my up in the domestic cleaning agency business and i am unsure about insurance for sending girls into clients homes & protecting clients possesions just what insurance do i need and where is the best place to get it

The girls will be self employed but i want to make sure they are covered working for my company

gratefull for any advice
lifes a roller coaster you'v just got to ride it !!!

Art

Re: public liability for domestic cleaners
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:20:33 pm »
If there doing regular work for you you'll not be able to register them as self employed

patricia

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 05:55:57 pm »
YOUR JOKING  :o
HOW ARE THESE CLEANING FRANCHISES DOING IT , I'V LOOKED INTO A FEW OF THEM & THEY ARE DOING IT THIS WAY
I WILL BE PAIRING CLEANERS UP WITH CLIENTS AS AN AGENCY THEY WILL PAY THE CLEANER £6.00 IN CASH & THE REST TO ME BY STANDING ORDER
WITH THE FRANCHISES {SOME} THEY ARE DOING IT THIS WAY ONE OF THEM MAID2CLEAN IS I'V BEEN OVER TO THERE HEAD OFFICE TO SEE FOR MY SELF
WHY CAN I NOT DO THE SAME AS THEM ?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW ANY MORE INFO MUCH APPRICIATED THANKS  :)
lifes a roller coaster you'v just got to ride it !!!

Xtreme Clean UK

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 12:26:13 pm »
You can have them as self-employed.  All you do is have them contract their cleaning services to you. No hassles with tax or NI deductions, just a contract.

Public liablity is easy and you can call a company called Swanton they are pretty well priced and do our cover.
You can ask them to send you a copy of your policy and this can in turn be produced to each client with your valid policy number

Good luck

Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 12:59:12 pm »
They can only be self employed if they supply the equipment to do the job, there is a document you can pull off the internet from inland revenue web site and the document is called IR56 and is called Employed or Self Employed, have a look at page 5 & 6. :) :)<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a>