SteveAllan

Re: Jaguar Cub Spec?
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2016, 06:23:34 pm »
:)

sean oregan

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2016, 07:37:02 pm »
Why try to insult someone because they have a different opinion to yourself?
Has anybody said anything stupid?
Apart from comment above

Raymondo

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2016, 08:41:36 am »
I have followed this interesting theme.

I have not got a cub so cant talk from experience we run a TM but have a small prochem bravo for small spotting situations. Hardly ever use it 2 or 3 times a year.

All portables or spotting machines will have advantages and disadvantages but what I can say in the defending the cub is the same as someone else as said you never see them for sale carpet cleaner keep them.

If they were so poor they would be sold on.

See a lot of prochem machines for sale  but hardly any of Nicks machines on ebay.

I would like to set up a row of portables in a room with the hoses running into another rooms with identical wand and see who can identify which hose is attached to which machine.

There probably would not a be a great difference.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2016, 11:51:23 am »
I think any small, light machine which is capable of doing 25 to 50 feet of hose is a good choice to have on the van. Knowing that you can lift the machine up stairs etc for flats & difficult access areas gives you peace of mind you don't have to turn work down.

These newer middle performance machines with a single 6.6 or 2x 5.7 motors are capable of doing a good job and lifting enough water to  get good drying times so long as they are used right. You get good performance in a little, lighter weight body.

The choice simply comes down to how much you are prepared to pay and which supplier you like more  - go for the Cub which is a good sucker and cheaper, or go for an Airflex Mini/Alltec machine and have more refinement, more choice on spec but pay a bit more.

They will both serve you well, the Mini's will be easier to work on but again some people get others to service/repair any way.

john martin

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2016, 05:35:19 pm »
This was not about the OP looking for a handy lightweight for doing the odd spot job in someones attic .
He is looking for a primary use extractor to start a business .

one 6.6 is not the same a s two 5.7s so don't lump them together .
One 6.6 is 25ft machine  ...  two good 5.7s like the electros ca be used at 70ft ...or will give vastly better performance at 25ft compared to a 6.6.

I started out with a square extracta single vac machine ( at least it had heat )   leaving it outside each room i did ...   i could even carry it upstairs in my arms .   But its a far less efficient way of working than leaving a good heated twinvac in one place and reaching around to several rooms with a longer hose  .  also i  now get better drying and productivity in general even at close range ... 

All these cub heads talk the same cleantalk language ...  ' its so  light weight '... '  punches above its weight '  etc
Iv seen people like russ chadd used to talk like that at one time  ... ' the jag was the future of machine performance ' etc  then he tried an Enforcer and a high spec Alltec express and was blown away by the performance , heat and build quality .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTQjPKXkvI

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2016, 06:55:41 pm »
I understand what you are saying John and agree with a lot of what you say - i have just gone for the 2x 5.7 parallel set up as opposed to one 6.6 as it will perform better as far as i can see.

I am not blinkered by the Cleantalk crowd - far from it. I just think some of the good stuff you say gets lost in your rant sometimes directed at Solutions. The Cub, for its faults, is far from a spotting machine as you said - it will be capable to work with.

And again i agree - much better to get a good main machine first like a full blown Airflex or Enforcer which will perform much better and on longer hose runs and then get a little machine after