Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam Eastman

Jaguar Cub Spec?
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:05:05 pm »
Just wondering if anyone knows if the cub is a twin vac? Also Im budgeting for start up costs, and have been looking at the Cub and Airflex mini twin vac. Anyone know which is the best spec machine? One last question if I may, are either of the fore mentioned machines suitable/good enough as a primary extractor? The plan is to purchase one of these to start with, until I have generated the funds from cleaning to add to my armory one of the larger machines, still keeping the smaller machine for jobs with limited access. Any advice gratefully received

Re: Jaguar Cub Spec?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:36:44 pm »
Went through exactly the same myself, had the same machines in mind. The airflex mini is the better machine. Speak to John Kelly at Restormate he will give you all the advice you need.

sean oregan

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 07:59:28 pm »
a lot of people on here have experience of the cub machine most think it's poorly built some think it's ok.
Things breaking and toppling over are the main things I have seen but I don't personally have experience of machine.
Air flex mini and Alltec express have much better reviews, with better back up.

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:30 pm »
Hi Adam

I run a Alltec Express for my smaller machine, its running 2 x 5.7 Electro motors - in tank heater - in line steam heater.

Been a great machine with first class service from the team at Alltec.

Just waiting now to replace my bigger machine with a custom built Elite machine.

Richard

tim handley

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:22:59 pm »
ive heard the cub is good and a powerfull machine, i started off on a budget, i went for an airflex pro and didnt regret it.
If i was starting out again i think id probably go and see somebody who has the machine im interested in and have a play........
problem with starting out on a budget is you soon realise you want bigger/better, maybe worth looking into leasing???

Adam Eastman

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »
Dave, good to hear feedback from someone that has the machine.  Can I ask what the issue is with emptying it? One of the reasons I'm swaying towards the cub rather then the Airflex mini is the Cubs larger solution tanks. I also understand it is a more power full machine.

Tim thanks for your feedback, I did initially start looking at the pro, but I then started to realize it prob wouldn't be long till I wanted something bigger, and I can't see any advantage of having a pro and storm for example, so my theory is start with something small that can also be used when access is an issue, then add a larger machine further down the line, either jag or storm. I am off to the clean smart course later this month, so will be good to see the machines as you suggested.

john martin

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:03:28 pm »
Just wondering if anyone knows if the cub is a twin vac? Also Im budgeting for start up costs, and have been looking at the Cub and Airflex mini twin vac. Anyone know which is the best spec machine? One last question if I may, are either of the fore mentioned machines suitable/good enough as a primary extractor? The plan is to purchase one of these to start with, until I have generated the funds from cleaning to add to my armory one of the larger machines, still keeping the smaller machine for jobs with limited access. Any advice gratefully received

No .. Cub is not a twinvac   , you would not fit two motors in there , in fact its so tight in there the brass regulator had to be put on the out side . Originally the base of the cub was suppose to hold one 5.7 motor and a diaphragm pump , it was a shorter tanked spotter machine called the ' mitey one '  but they stopped making it because the waste tank was too small and water would get into the vacs if u halfed filled it .
The cub is still the same twenty or so year old ' design ' case . Its just shocking bad ... in that why would u suffer the inconvience of such design when u can have a modern design like the airfex/alltec mini for eg .
By bad i mean  ...   you cant really get a bucket under it because of the height of the waste  gate from ground .  Also all the cross american machines have an inch gap between the waste gate and the bottom of the internal waste tank so its difficult to clear the grime from the bottom .... a modern machine has a molded bottom to flush the water/grime as it empties .
Also the internal cutoff is a small Polystryene disc moving up/down a metal rod ...  it was never reliable .  Theres a chance solutons/cleantalk rips that out and mocks something else up in its place like they do with the jag but it compromises the usable waste tank volume .
Power wise ... the cub has one 6.6 motor ... the twin vac machines will be more powerfull no matter what way to measure it .
One 6.6 motor is 7amps ... two electo 5.7motors will be 12 amps .  In airwatts  one 6.6 is 640 airwatts ... two electros will be around 900 airwatts .
If u are going for the airflex mini or alltec version ... there is little price difference between the 6gallon and full size 12gallon machine casings , so if u have the space to carry it i'd go with the large capacity machine . 

tim handley

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 10:38:37 pm »
Dave, good to hear feedback from someone that has the machine.  Can I ask what the issue is with emptying it? One of the reasons I'm swaying towards the cub rather then the Airflex mini is the Cubs larger solution tanks. I also understand it is a more power full machine.

Tim thanks for your feedback, I did initially start looking at the pro, but I then started to realize it prob wouldn't be long till I wanted something bigger, and I can't see any advantage of having a pro and storm for example, so my theory is start with something small that can also be used when access is an issue, then add a larger machine further down the line, either jag or storm. I am off to the clean smart course later this month, so will be good to see the machines as you suggested.
when you go on the course have a play with a storm.................... its very very good.....

neil 47

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 01:30:45 am »
 John Nice review

I have the airflex mini and its a joy to use only thing i need is a higher psi pump when doing 3 storey houses it lacks pressure 135psi

I have a inline heater so a intank would help as well ,is it easy to upgrade the pump or is there pitfalls

thanks Neil
IICRC

Adam Eastman

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 09:39:50 am »
Thanks for you feedback Neil. I gather from your comments your running a longer length hose when required, do you find any issues with carrying the air flex mini up flights of stairs?

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 02:22:55 pm »
My airflex mini has a 220 psi adjustable pump and an inline heater. Love it.

Steven Butler

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 02:57:26 pm »
Neils getting on a bit now so only cleans bungalows....if theres any stairs he usually rings me to lift it for him  ;)

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »
Thanks for you feedback Neil. I gather from your comments your running a longer length hose when required, do you find any issues with carrying the air flex mini up flights of stairs?

Hi Adam   The airflex mini & alltec express size are ok to carry up stairs but if you go for the better vacs you can easy run 50ft +   so  just leave the machine by the front door.

Even done it like a truckmount style when i had the van up a drive and done a lounge...

Richard

fibresafe

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 04:18:53 pm »
The Cub with 1 x 6.6 motor is not more powerful than a twin vac Mini or Express.  It is there in black and white for anyone to see on Ametek's own technical data sheets. Don't become one of the many who have been fooled.

Also with a twin  vac if one motor packs in you can finish the job on the other motor.

john martin

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:55 pm »
John Nice review

I have the airflex mini and its a joy to use only thing i need is a higher psi pump when doing 3 storey houses it lacks pressure 135psi

I have a inline heater so a intank would help as well ,is it easy to upgrade the pump or is there pitfalls

thanks Neil
were u asking me ? missed that
this would be your easiest option  , carpetcleaningstore should restock them sonn id say
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230-Volt-AQUATEC-220-PSI-Extractor-Pump-Mytee-EDIC-Sandia-Ninja-/221838864872?hash=item33a6a071e8:g:HyMAAOSwBLlVZKL4

The 250/300 psi pumptec woodbridge have for £208+ would probably be better but u have a bit of plumbing , mounting uploaders and all that to do .

neil 47

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 11:21:04 pm »
Thanks John .

Ay up butler I can still mange to carry the airflex up stairs.

But it's usually those 3 storey and it's still awkward getting around the corners . I'm going to do as John suggested and get the  bigger pump from Woodbridge .

It's far easier to run hoses out .

IICRC

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 09:06:36 am »
John Nice review

thanks Neil
were u asking me ? missed that
this would be your easiest option  , carpetcleaningstore should restock them sonn id say
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230-Volt-AQUATEC-220-PSI-Extractor-Pump-Mytee-EDIC-Sandia-Ninja-/221838864872?hash=item33a6a071e8:g:HyMAAOSwBLlVZKL4

The 250/300 psi pumptec woodbridge have for £208+ would probably be better but u have a bit of plumbing , mounting uploaders and all that to do .

I spoke to Carpetcleanersstore John as i want one of those 220 pumps - he said it will be about 5 weeks for them to arrive

jasonl

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 03:34:27 pm »
Had a cub for 2.5 years, I have no clue what the psi is , I know its a 6.6 motor. I know I consistently win new customers from other cleaners and retain mine , it makes me money and buys me lovely things and experiences and £ for£ it worked out the best return on investment which is why I am in business, all machines have pumps and motors with mildly different configurations, colours and logos on them.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 07:05:40 pm »
I think the Cub goes up to 300psi - there is a regulator to adjust the pressure but i dont think its got a psi gauge - easily sorted with a gauge bought separately and put on the solution out connector if you want to adjust up and down to your preferred psi