davey c

Leaded Windows
« on: February 16, 2007, 06:11:03 pm »
Can anyone tell me what the best way of cleaning leaded windows is please. Ive just taken on a customer with leaded all the way around her property..Any ideas welcome  ???<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a>
better luck tommorow.......

Jake

Re: Leaded Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:59:36 pm »
Dave

Do a search, there have been loads of posts on this subject
Exeter, Devon

cottonbud10

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:40:45 pm »
best way by far,is a spray bottle  with water in..a light spray and then buff off with a dry cloth,it,s quite hard work buffing ,makes your bloody arm ache,,,but that,s the best way...that,s also a reason a lot of w/c don,t take on lead light work,unless the price is right,,,good luck

russ_clark

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 09:10:22 pm »
water fed pole mate
it munches through leads like you would not believe
rinse plenty though

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:47:46 pm »
that,s also a reason a lot of w/c don,t take on lead light work

If you're going to buff a leaded window ask the owner if they're OK with that method. Older leadwork bows in when you put any pressure against it. Look at the window first to see if that's started already - on some it's fairly obvious!

WFP really is fantastic on this type of window, you need very little pressure, it's normally older glass which has been trained to work with window-cleaners, and they come up GREAT.

As Jake says, use the search button to dig out lots of information . . . http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10135.0
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Biscute

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 01:50:56 pm »
My round is hell m8 1930 the houses were built and bout 98% lead or georgen i just put a line dampen very slightly with my mop then rub like a grany whos just shouted house in a big club.  ;D
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 07:02:58 am »
I like leaded stuff I did use spray a very light mist and buff like mad!!!
But today is my first day with wfp so no i will be rinsing like mad

tacky

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 10:24:56 pm »
hi i use mop sqeese most of water off  then blade it use small blade ok on thin lead   when ever u do leadedwindows asses them first if some of them are damaged report them to customer  or they might try to blame u  happend to me once  wont happen again

geefree

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29:14 am »
i do them same way as normal windows.... mop, blade down... but then blade across...... then wipe once with a slightly damp microfibre.... then polish up and down with a dry one ..... job done... not a smear and a piece of wee.

Gary.