Tim82

Re: Frosty Letter
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:54 am »
I must be getting old but I just think life is too short.

You can grade customers on a scale of 1-10. The mega moaners are 10 and the sweet old ladies who are always in, never moan and pay on the spot are 1.

Once they start getting past about 7 their days are numbered.

The moaners are the worst. Some of them just have nothing better to do.

Could you describe numbers 2 - 9 aswell please (just for a laugh)  ;D

Helen

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 12:24:54 pm »
unlocked gates don't you love it, yes there is the odd time they forget but i have a rule if it happens twice in 6mths then i bin them cause there unreliable and how can i build a professional round with customer's like that even though Ive phoned in advanced.

2 times in 6 month = unreliable????
March, "had a funeral to go to, sorry I forgot"
July, "Was rushed into hospital the night before for an emergency operation"

2 times running would spark us into action, but what if you had 2 emergencies yourself in 6 months and could not clean as agreed, does that make you unreliable?  (note... You is used as in "general" not in personal)

Ravensford

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 04:41:25 pm »
I have read many of Helen's posts & she always seems to be the 'Voice of Reason' to me. I entirely agree that twice in six months doesn't make them unreliable. Leaving the gate open for a window cleaner is way down the list of priorities for most people. Buy a 'Little Big Ladder' which means you have a step ladder without a centre tie & you can put over the gate for easy access.

Now if it was a 'Not Today' customer twice in six months I would have dropped them like a hot potato.

Many wc seem all too eager to live by strict rules - i.e. payment within a certain timeframe - which, if I was a custie I would dislike at the very least. I ask payment within 28 days but even then people forget. Providing it's not the same people paying late every time it doesn't bother me.

Ravensford

NWH

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 04:46:47 pm »
I agree about the payment comment,i don`t have any set time scale in which they have to pay i always get my money in the end and that`s the main thing.I have a lot of customers that pay by BACS ie commercial work,quiet often my domestic customers will owe me 3-4 cleans i never collect.

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »
 Helens Voice of reason or not Ravensford he was clearly talking about the the locked gates of people who had specificaly asked him to phone the night before and never climb over.You may think this way down the list of most peoples priorities, I think it's rude.

NWH

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 04:59:28 pm »
Just keep doing the front only,they will soon unlock the gate.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 07:40:53 pm »
I have read many of Helen's posts & she always seems to be the 'Voice of Reason' to me. I entirely agree that twice in six months doesn't make them unreliable. Leaving the gate open for a window cleaner is way down the list of priorities for most people. Buy a 'Little Big Ladder' which means you have a step ladder without a centre tie & you can put over the gate for easy access.

Now if it was a 'Not Today' customer twice in six months I would have dropped them like a hot potato.

Many wc seem all too eager to live by strict rules - i.e. payment within a certain timeframe - which, if I was a custie I would dislike at the very least. I ask payment within 28 days but even then people forget. Providing it's not the same people paying late every time it doesn't bother me.

Ravensford

Surely though, if you have another income (as I believe you did), it isn't quite so necessary to be strict with the customers.  Many of us have window cleaning as our only income so it's important that the business works smoothly.  I subcontract some of your old work from someone (to remain nameless) and I find that the level of reliability isn't so good with a fair number of them when it comes to leaving access as requested.

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 07:46:51 pm »
Well i had to phone for access just now for a country house (electric gates) "another couple of weeks they arn't that dirty yet!" These people have a Merc, a Porche 4x4 a BMW X5, swimming pool, lake, the lot.  >:(

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
Well i had to phone for access just now for a country house (electric gates) "another couple of weeks they arn't that dirty yet!" These people have a Merc, a Porche 4x4 a BMW X5, swimming pool, lake, the lot.  >:(
Thats the problem with calling people the night before, send a text, and make sure they are told that it costs more if these have every other time cleaning, and if you get there and there is a note, charge them anyway. (you have to remember you are a business and people will take the P if you let them.

Also when sending a text include: message is automated no reply is read.

There is loads of custom out there.

Ian

eddie d

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:54 pm »
i like vinces ranking system .great .love it .

i"ll have no custys by monday ;D