kempy

Re: Pressure washer ordered today
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 10:14:47 pm »
500 litres wouldn't last long , unless your feeding it as your working . ??

handyal

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 10:36:18 pm »
I've been looking for something similar for the last month or two. Does your new pressure washer have a 2:1 reduction gearbox fitted?

davids3511

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 11:04:54 pm »
I've been looking for something similar for the last month or two. Does your new pressure washer have a 2:1 reduction gearbox fitted?
It will have if its 21ltrs a minute. Its probably an interpump ws202 and an rs500 gear box.

Matt.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 02:29:31 pm »
This may help you David. Was one of first emails I got from Rutland

Basically they build what ever you want. Hope it helps

We can certainly put together a good package deal for you we do a package in competition with Slipstream (basically a better machine at a better price).

My first question to you would be to ask whether you would like a machine with a gearbox or direct drive. Whilst many claim that the gearbox is the only way to go, there are an equal number who set their store with direct drive. To be honest 10 years ago I would have said that a gearbox was absolutely necessary for the longevity of your machine. With the modern E3 series pumps I would not be quite so sure. There is an advantage to the gearbox but the price increase is usually around £150 to £200 depending on whether an RS99 or RS500 gearbox is used.

My second question would be based to an extent on the answer to the first. What sort of pressure would you be looking at for your machine. If you go direct drive you get a higher pressure and higher flow than with a gearbox unit as you loose 1.3HP to the gearbox.

If you are looking at 21Lpm you would get roughly 220Bar direct or 190Bar via a gearbox.

The next question is would you like a return to tank system or internal bypass / control set. the return to tank system is the best as it prevents water re-circulation within the head of the pump whilst the trigger is closed, this reduces the chance of the water being heated within the head which can cause seal damage if left for an extended period. The alternative does recirculate the water within the head of the machine but again this is becoming less of an issue with the newer pumps, this also negates the need for a return line.

Would you like quick release fittings on your hoses and lance or screw type couplings (M22).

What Hose length would you like? 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 metres.

Would you like a turbo (rotating nozzle)

Would you like your lance ends on quick release on a single lance / as different lances & triggers, so one for washing down / one with a turbo nozzle on. Or would you like a split lance - Single trigger with 350mm lance then a coupling to allow you to attach a 700mm lance extension with turbo nozzle or wash down jet. ( This is cheaper than having two complete lances and leaves you less likely to misplace a quick release jet if you had one lance with Q/R jet / nozzle)
Either way I would supply an Industrial MV2012 Trigger made in Italy.

What size whirl away would you like? 18 - 22 - 24 inch? All come on castors some sizes are available in stainless steel rather than polycarbonate.

There is also an IGX type engine in the 390 range which auto governs depending on load these save up to 30% on fuel costs. (Drops revs when trigger closed revs up when opened again, only revving to the demand of the pump whilst in use)

davids3511

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:57 pm »
Cheers Matty, hadn't realised there were so many options.

handyal

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »
Thanks for the info as it gives me something to think about.

CleanClear

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:55 am »

So for those of you who are in a similar situation and thinking of buying a set up, weigh up ur option.

I just made my own up. £160 for a 6.5 HP engine (Brand new from fleebay), electric start so no faffing with a pull cord  , although there is one fitted. £260 for a 150 Bar pump (from BE pressure, they advertise here on this site) , 12 lts per min, £40 for a battery. Few other little bits and bobs i had to add.
 Roughly, £500. Brand new, turn the key away ya go !!
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Matt.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 10:59:56 am »
That's very good cleanclear, but I wouldn't know where to start mate.

Why don't you share your knowledge with us. I would be well interested.

Let's start with either an empty trolley or in my case a plate.

I know ur saying you only built a 12 lpm, but by using a bigger engine and/or pump, surely you could build it to suit. Ie 21lpm,

If you was to buy all parts new and build a 21 lpm machine with around the 200 bar what would you anticipate  the total cost being for parts, no labour charge just time taken to do this. 

CleanClear

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 11:24:19 am »
JUst having a quick glance and i'm no expert, i'm just finding out myself as i go along.
Electric start engine ebay, £225............item number 260965229447
Interpump ebay, 200 bar, 21 LPM, £568............item number 171633946834
You'd then need a 12 vollt battery for it, some inlet adapters, and outlet adapter /unloader valve. So thats maybe another £100.
 It takes seconds to bolt a pump onto an engine as they are just like meccanno sets  ;D
Thats roughly £880 ? For a brand new turn on the key .

As you say you can just fit it on a skid plate to leave in the back of the van which is basically what i have done.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Matt.

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 12:40:15 pm »
Good stuff, it's one thing buying all the parts, another putting it all together, for me anyway.

Clean clear - pressure washers services,  found and established on ciu !!!

Any machine built on request

If you know your stuff it may be worth it

davids3511

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 12:49:45 pm »
You could shave nearly £300 off that too with a 2nd hand pump and gwar box. One went last week for £285.

Matt.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 12:58:31 pm »
I know using used parts, it could be ur day on eBay an get all kinds for nothing, but if you was to buy new, and build yourself I think based on them prices above you could build a 21lpm for less than 1000.

If anyone is close to buying a used one I nearly bought one off a guy in Scotland. It had a reel fitted over top of trolley, he wanted 1200 and I bought new for less plus vat.

davids3511

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 01:06:16 pm »
That's the thing. You could by 2nd hand and it be wrecked. At least new you get a guarantee.

Jettaway

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 02:00:40 pm »
Just keep in mind that engine is not a genuine Honda.