Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

starting out
Posted by smudge (smudge), 12 January 2004
hi all, im new here would first like to say great site.im looking for any advice to help me start up my own buisness ive been in the indusrty now for about 7 years and sick of making money for companys.I would like any info on getting contracts or anything whicj may help not houses though thanks in advance
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 12 January 2004
Hi Smudge

We had the same question earlier and that's probably why no-one has answered yours yet. Here was my response.
(Just so that others may not have to scroll through so many topics in the future can you post any other questions in the existing topic(s) and we'll delete this one in a few days.)

Good luck  Smiley

on 01/07/04 at 15:29:16, Mike_Boxall wrote:
Pretty much all the info you are likely to need is posted on this site somewhere, it's just a case of finding it......

If I were you I would:

1) Spend a couple of hours going through this site (particularly: I need a push)

2) Buy a squeegee and washer frame, some washing up liquid, a piece of scrim and a safety scraper.

3) Have a go at cleaning your own windows a couple of times.

4) Have a go at cleaning your neighbours, friends and families windows.

5) Buy other bits and pieces as you think you need them.

6) Consider joining the Federation so you can get cheap insurance etc.

7) Start knocking on some doors in your area and introduce yourself (start with some easy ones to get your confidence going)

Then it's case of keeping an eye on the forum and  practice, practice, practice!

If you email me your address I'll send you an Ettore catalogue which has some helpful tips on the actual technique itself.

Regards

Mike Boxall

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.