Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Ladder Safety Accessories

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 17 January 2004
With the wet and slippery season upon us i thought it would be good to find out what accessories you guys found best to add to safety. How good is Laddermate Huh Will it fit on an A frame extension ladder Huh  What other accessories have you found good Huh

Steve
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 17 January 2004
Steve
The Ladder Mat is excellent, you can also use it to to balance up the ladders on sloping ground. About £15 from darrel at the Window Clean Centre.
Denzle
Cheers Dennis
                     Have they got a web address Huh

Steve
No wesite, but you can call free on 0800-413512
Denzle
Thanks Denzle
                     I will give them a call on Monday because the ground at a few jobs is getting a bit slippy  Shocked and i could do with something extra.

Steve
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 17 January 2004
Steve have a look at this link
http://www.scrimcity.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=265
John
Cheers John
                  They look just the job. Are they any good on wood decking because i have had to turn customers away recently because it gets so slippery when its wet Shocked

Steve
Hi Steve ,
            They are just the job  if the decking has the small space between each board Cool
Cheers John
                  I am going to get that ordered on Monday. Must get a pole system sorted out though Smiley

Steve
Steve ,
You should of asked Santa for one  Grin
John
Has anyone tried the Rojak Ladder Stop, I've seen them but never tried one. From memory they are expensive but cheap compared to a few months off work with broken legs.
Denzle
Posted by matt (matt), 17 January 2004
I use a Rojak Ladder Stop Smiley

it was inbetween 40 and 50 quid, cannot remmber the exact price

They are very good, ALOT more rubber contact on the floor, when they do slide, its very slow and you have time to get down or prepare yourself, its only slide once on me in the 2 weeks ive had it, and that was only 1/2 a inch

Posted by pw (paul w), 18 January 2004
i use a rubber car mat cheap and dose the job  Grin Shocked Cool Cool Huh
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 5 February 2004
I ordered a Laddermate and got it yesterday. I started using it yesterday afternoon and could not believe how good they are Smiley  Thanks to the recommendations from Bryan Dolby and Mikey Warner i now feel a lot safer Wink

Steve
Posted by paul (paul), 5 February 2004
i use the rojack stopper all the time there very good Wink
Posted by Neil (wylie), 5 February 2004
Hi Steve
I have just been looking at the laddermate on the ladders R Us site.
It looks like a great piece of kit but is it heavy?
It looks quite awkward to use  
I think a lot of your work is quite large contracts so maybe not to much moving around
Would it suit us boys on the smaller domestic stuff?

Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 5 February 2004
ive been cleaning windows for 15 years never had any ladder slip beneath me .some of my jobs are 2nd & 1st
floors. now i dont know how good these accesories realy
are but i believe the secret is the angle that you have your ladder & common sense . but anything that improves your safety has to be a good thing i might have a look at the ladder mate now im getting on a bit Roll Eyes

terry
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 5 February 2004
on 02/05/04 at 20:51:42, wylie wrote:
Hi Steve
I have just been looking at the laddermate on the ladders R Us site.
It looks like a great piece of kit but is it heavy?
It looks quite awkward to use  
I think a lot of your work is quite large contracts so maybe not to much moving around
Would it suit us boys on the smaller domestic stuff?

Hi Wylie
           Its not something you walk around attached to your ladder. Its only really for windows you would get footed on if you had someone with you.

Steve

Posted by Simon_King (Simon_King), 5 February 2004
I've got the Rojack Stopper and have used it for a good 4 years. I had it slip once as well but it really does only slip if you put it on moss or loose material like gravel which you are advised not to do. Naturally you cannot use it on ice!! That would be daft. I've used it on wet grass at an angle and on a polished school floor as well as smooth carpet. Get one they are worth it.
Not tried the ladder mate yet but I've heard lots of good reports. One mate of mine used his with the Stopper on one job at a crazy angle and he said it was as safe as houses.
I use the microlite stand-off as well. Great bit of kit especially when cleaning tall top windows- eliminates the need to go to the top rung with your body hugging the glass if you know what I mean! Apparently it satisfies Health & Safety regs regarding footing ladders. The wheels flatten when you get to the top of the ladder thus anchoring you to the wall. Side ward slip is vertually impossible. Use all three and you are invinsible!
But you would need to have six arms to carry it all!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.